over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: You'll never see one of these alive again

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
West African Black Rhino (one species of black rhino)... Hasn't been seen alive since 2006.

Officially declared extinct by the IUCN. You can't enjoy seeing them in the wild, or in captivity. You can't hunt them nor can you buy a license to hunt West African Black Rhinos. They are now gone forever; completely and utterly extinct.

This is not a recently breaking story but I just personally found out. You'd think this would be major news. A lot more species of rhinos (including other species of black rhino) are dangerously on the brink if not extinct already.

Hoping many of you find this as tragic as I do. Peace,

OTH

Attachments

• BlackRhino.jpg
    BlackRhino.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:
It's tragic. I recently read that more rhinos (not sure the kind) were poached in 2013 than any other year. That's a trend that cant continue for long.

You'll get this:

I saw a cartoon with a big fat American, smoking a cigar stepping out of his huge Cadillac to tell a poor Brazilian tribesman with several emaciated kids to stop burning the rain forest.

I have 4 rescue dogs, 2 cats, rescue turtles. I love guns, but could never hunt. Yes, as you know I am wonderful.

But I don't blame the poachers, I'd shoot a black rhino too if my kids are starving. I'd also shoot the people who buy dead rhino horns because they think it gives them a boner.

Whats the answer? Removing the rhinos is easier than teaching people how to feed themselves and practice birth control.

Killing off species makes me sick and it's only gonna get worse. But then again the dinosaurs went extinct and life continued on.

Your topics always set me off.

Passenger Pigeon Hunting. All gone. There were millions.

Attachments

• 167991c5a8_1369105142492tumblr_lzmki8gKvT1qzul89o1_500.jpg
    167991c5a8_1369105142492tumblr_lzmki8gKvT1qzul89o1_500.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
OTH's has a soft side :eek:;):D

Seriously though it's tragic and stuff like this needs to stop. I understand why it's happening but most of the time it's reckless and unneeded killings. Some people are trying to stop more species from going extinct but sadly it's too little too late most of the time. Although I have heard about successful programs for getting numbers back up. Wildlife have just as much right to live and roam as we do.

Last edited:
Just make sure you tell your children and grandchildren how awesome these creatures were and hopefully they'll take greater action to prevent their extinctions. Hopefully.

:(:(:(

**broken link removed**

A Black Rhino hunting Permit was auctioned last week in Dallas. The winner paid 350k.

That's typically a conservation effort. They either need to cull the numbers (generic, not rhino) or there is an old animal that needs to be euthanized. So the right to be a manly man and blast away with a high powered rifle at a near tame animal is auctioned off. It's sickening, but the greater good is served thru raising money to put back into the conservation effort. Hunting fees actually fund a significant portion of conservation efforts. Hunters want hunting land and large numbers of animals to hunt. Some day our government will auction off permits to shoot people on social security.

**broken link removed**

A Black Rhino hunting Permit was auctioned last week in Dallas. The winner paid 350k.
Precisely, and also there are more than one species of black rhinos in Africa.

I've always had an affinity for rhinos and pachyderms... Ever since I was a kid. My daughter loves them and loves "playing rhinoceros" by charging into me. (usually right into my balls). Even her favorite stuffed animal is a rhino.

I've always had an affinity for rhinos and pachyderms... Ever since I was a kid. My daughter loves them and loves "playing rhinoceros" by charging into me. (usually right into my balls). Even her favorite stuffed animal is a rhino.

I dated a veterinarian in the early 90s. She had an umbrella holder made out the foot/shin of an elephant. Freaked me out. But that girl loved animals and did all kinds of volunteer work. I forgot about that thing.

My thought is one day technology will bring back animals like this. I know most people don't believe the whole playing god thing but I say if it's possible why not. I'd like to see a dinosaur or wooly mammoth

That's awful. What a cool animal. I don't understand how people can be so selfish/careless.

They were my favorite animal as a kid they were the closest things to dinosaurs . Rhino and sharks

humans are such a cruel creatures. everything we come across, we seem to want to destroy it.:(

There are areas in Africa that allow permitted hunting. It's very expensive. Rich folks pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the permits. The money goes to the locals. This has eliminated poaching in those areas. The locals actually protect the animals instead of poaching them. It's a win / win for the animal populations and local people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a missionary trip in Africa back in 05 we took a Safari and were able to see a black rino. We were told only 2 were left. Not sure if it was the same species.

I was in Africa last year (Kenya) and was lucky enough to see a Rhino and its calf. They said they are so rare in Northern Africa now (white Rhinos) that tourists will hardly ever see them. I got a couple of pics, you cant see the calf below but she really didnt want to be around us so we took some pics and let her disappear.

It sickens me to hear this happen to animals that do no harm what so ever to us.

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 570
**broken link removed**

This article says there's 4,000. They're not extinct yet.

This article says there's 4,000. They're not extinct yet.

Different type of Rhino.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_black_rhinoceros"]Western black rhinoceros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I heard the Chinese are big time poachers in Africa the last few years. No source I just remember reading that. But I do know they're the ones really big on shit like tiger cock making you more manly etc. Shit blows my mind.

This should NOT have made me laugh, but it did. :D

It makes me sick when I hear a species has gone extinct and man is the cause. We will destroy this planet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws