over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OTC Supplements that help with anxiety

I have had issues for years, and tried most everything.
Seems the higher the test dose the higher the anxiety level.
Besides the benzos which make me a zombie, the only relief that I can find is running and meditation.
I will admit that many otc supplements can have amazing placebo effects, which is great when used at the correct time.

General observation (nonone ever answers when I write these), I seem to know lots of people that experimented with hormones during their teen years that have anxiety issue later on.

The other day I went to Wal Mart and picked up a bottle of Xanax over the counter (OTC)... Oh wait...

The other day I went to Wal Mart and picked up a bottle of Xanax over the counter (OTC)... Oh wait...
I think you meant Wallys Black Market...

I always kept a stash for international flights or when im really sick and want to sleep for 24 hours. Can't do it anymore with the kids, daddy out cold and my 2 year old destroying the house and herself wouldn't be good.....

My Dr prescribed me mirtazapine as a sleep aid, it's mild anti dep that is pretty much only used for insomnia. Non habit forming, no hangover, doesn't knock me out, still dream, it's been a huge help.

My Dr prescribed me mirtazapine as a sleep aid, it's mild anti dep that is pretty much only used for insomnia. Non habit forming, no hangover, doesn't knock me out, still dream, it's been a huge help.

I had an open minded doctor who prescribed me mirtazapine (Remeron) as a sleep aid. Its def an old school noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSa) with hefty sides. It knocked me OUT COLD. Extreme sleepiness within 30min. The literature even supports that in PROMOTES longer quality REM stage sleep. I loved it but quickly gained weight on it (which is also VERY common). It also made me absolutely crave sugary carbs like cereal and stuff. I found this noted in the literature and reported on forums too. I discontinued once I noticed I was getting flabbier. I still have some I use from time to time. Its potent and will give you a good solid sleep and actually promotes REM. It leaves me a little groggy in the AM when I just take it sporadically though because your system is not used to it. If I want to sleep like 9 hours on a Saturday night to catch up or something I take it.

mirtazapine is def a unique compound.

Last edited:
I tried now 5-htp for a month or 6 weeks and didn't like it. Made me feel sick, then thinking about how it crosses the blood-brain barrier and can do some serious damage if it has any contaminants freaked me out. Light or moderate cardio for a few minutes helps me the most with anxiety. Burns off that nervous energy, gets me breathing and helps clear my mind. Good old natural endorphins. :)

Calming tea or stress relief tea is pretty good. You can get it at the grocery store.

Ouch
I see theanine and 5 HTP mentioned here, which work pretty well.
for sleep I use TN's Sleep Caps on those nights I cannot make it to sleep due to anxiety or stress, it puts me in a really deep sleep. I do wake up a bit groggy in the AM though - it's the melatonin - which always leave me a bit tired.
True Nutrition | Sleep Aid 600mg Capsules (60 Capsules)

Ouch
I see theanine and 5 HTP mentioned here, which work pretty well.
for sleep I use TN's Sleep Caps on those nights I cannot make it to sleep due to anxiety or stress, it puts me in a really deep sleep. I do wake up a bit groggy in the AM though - it's the melatonin - which always leave me a bit tired.
True Nutrition | Sleep Aid 600mg Capsules (60 Capsules)

Did not even know TN had these. Wish I knew the exact breakdown, specifically how much 5htp and melatonin per serving. They don't list it. Would be useful when stacking with extra 5htp or something of your own. I'm guessing 100mg 5htp at least (I'd hope) 200mg would be better.

Did not even know TN had these. Wish I knew the exact breakdown, specifically how much 5htp and melatonin per serving. They don't list it. Would be useful when stacking with extra 5htp or something of your own. I'm guessing 100mg 5htp at least (I'd hope) 200mg would be better.
I've been doing 300mg 5-htp (3 caps) and 1 timed-release theanine at 200mg and slept the last two night almost 7 hours. That's gold! For me that's gold. I want to add melatonin and hopefully get the full 8-9 that I need to function normally and heal.

No more of this 2 hours at a time clip and needing a nap and 11AM. Screw that.

Test causes me to be lethargic. Someone said they have increased anxiety. Fortunately I don't get that. Only with tren and halo. (both also give me bad acne)

Test causes me to be lethargic. Someone said they have increased anxiety. Fortunately I don't get that. Only with tren and halo. (both also give me bad acne)

My first panic attack, anxiety was right after my first shot of test. Course pain meds didn't help.....

I've been doing 300mg 5-htp (3 caps) and 1 timed-release theanine at 200mg and slept the last two night almost 7 hours. That's gold! For me that's gold. I want to add melatonin and hopefully get the full 8-9 that I need to function normally and heal.

No more of this 2 hours at a time clip and needing a nap and 11AM. Screw that.

Hey OTH,

You're definitely on the right track with Theanine and 5-htp. Coming from someone who dealt with on and off anxiety, these two are the ones I've always come back to. If you have moderate-severe anxiety definitely bump your dose of Theanine up as 200mg is not that much at all. I would typically take 400mg in the morning (it's synergistic with caffeine) and then 400-600mg at night with 100-200mg of 5-htp. I also cycle out a good Rhodiola in the mornings 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. Other than these 3 supplements, I really haven't found anything else that is consistent. Theanine can get pricey, if you want to get a good deal for higher dosing check out PureBulk they have 500mg caps I believe.

Definitely experiment with your theanine dosage, some people even dose up to 1,000mg at a time. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you bump from 200 to atleast 400mg.

I would also recommend a Melatonin supplement, a lot of people overdose these taking 3mg tablets each night. You really don't need this much and it can leave you feeling groggy in the morning. I'd recommend 300mcg-600mcg, I believe Sundesa? brand makes 300mcg tablets.

My final recommendation that has already been listed in this thread is Magnesium Citrate. A lot of people are deficient in magnesium and I've read that stress depletes it, I thought it was hogwash at first but I started taking 400mg Mag Citrate at night with my sleep stack and it definitely helped. When I had really bad anxiety during PCT I took 200mg in the morning as well and felt it really calmed my nerves.

In summary, coming from someone who's dealt with this for a long time and had it under control for a couple years now, my go to stack is:

Morning:

400mg L-Theanine
2x Rhodiola Capsules
100mg Caffeine

Night Time:

400mg Magnesium Citrate
100mg 5-HTP
300-600mcg Melatonin
400mg L-Theanine

Last edited:
Hey OTH,

You're definitely on the right track with Theanine and 5-htp. Coming from someone who dealt with on and off anxiety, these two are the ones I've always come back to. If you have moderate-severe anxiety definitely bump your dose of Theanine up as 200mg is not that much at all. I would typically take 400mg in the morning (it's synergistic with caffeine) and then 400-600mg at night with 100-200mg of 5-htp. I also cycle out a good Rhodiola in the mornings 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. Other than these 3 supplements, I really haven't found anything else that is consistent. Theanine can get pricey, if you want to get a good deal for higher dosing check out PureBulk they have 500mg caps I believe.

Definitely experiment with your theanine dosage, some people even dose up to 1,000mg at a time. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you bump from 200 to atleast 400mg.
I tried this after reading an article on theanine. I don't have much anxiety but insomnia is a big issue for me. But I do LOVE the theanine/caffeine stack in the morning. I leave the house with what for me is a mild "buzz". As you know, I'm not big on drugs so buzzed for me might not be buzzed for some but I'm more focused yet sort of zen too. Hard to explain. I've been off in my own world of reading about and recommending meds that I haven't realized how much the market has grown with natural supplements and foods to help with these problems. I think it's fantastic. No wonder the FDA is nervous. :eek:

Hey OTH,

I would also recommend a Melatonin supplement, a lot of people overdose these taking 3mg tablets each night. You really don't need this much and it can leave you feeling groggy in the morning. I'd recommend 300mcg-600mcg, I believe Sundesa? brand makes 300mcg tablets.

My final recommendation that has already been listed in this thread is Magnesium Citrate. A lot of people are deficient in magnesium and I've read that stress depletes it, I thought it was hogwash at first but I started taking 400mg Mag Citrate at night with my sleep stack and it definitely helped. When I had really bad anxiety during PCT I took 200mg in the morning as well and felt it really calmed my nerves.

In summary, coming from someone who's dealt with this for a long time and had it under control for a couple years now, my go to stack is:

Morning:

400mg L-Theanine
2x Rhodiola Capsules
100mg Caffeine

Night Time:

400mg Magnesium Citrate
100mg 5-HTP
300-600mcg Melatonin
400mg L-Theanine
Why specifically did you indicate 3 weeks on and off with rhodiola? I know it needs to be cycled or rotated..but why that time schedule?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws