over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Our Injuries

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I know we've all had injuries and fought through them and some are still dealing w/ the sh*t. It sucks This thread is for everyone to tell us about your injuries. Big or small injuries isn't the point. It's all relative. So let's hear 'em.

It will be tough to list all mine bc I have enjoyed activities where injuries are almost guaranteed. Until now, I have survived:

Compound fracture, right humorous
Fractured skull, from above right eye to my crown. Bled into my eye socket and had a black eye for a year
4 shattered ribs, one piece punctured my left lung
Collapsed lung
Heart contusions
Coma, 3 and 1/2 days, low O2 (lung again)
3 toes severe frostbite (Whites, Pemigewasset, NH)
9 of my fingers have broken, some more than once (rock climbing hazard)
Dysentary at altitude (Mt. Baker, WA)
Over 1,000 stitches in over 49 years
7 staples (hit my head on the bottom of a high diving pool)
Concussions, many, after that first play, your head is buzzing for the rest of the game
Detached shoulder (motorcycle)
Both shoulders dislocated several times (climbing, motorcycle)
Broken far-right carpal "boxer break" (punched a guy)
Nitrogen narcolepsy (diving, fully recovered but disregarded my shallow stop to offgas nitrogen Whoops! 😂)
Cracked femur (auto accident, recent)

I have trained through all of this over the last 49 years. I lifted and and paid attention to the best research and technology at the time which anyone born before the mid 80's would understand.

I have very few visable scars but everything seeks to remind me on some cold, dreary morning. Most all of it was 100% reversible. Except the frostbite. You could pound a nail through my right big toe and I wouldn't know it. This not an exclusive list. I may have left out some sh*t. But I've always powered through.

This is what we do. We love it. I didn't think about any of this until someone bumped a thread from last year regarding a brother we all had. So no matter what your injuries, let's hear what ya gots. And how you got through. Or how you're coping. We want to know.

OTH

It's fuckin killing me to not be able to train 100%

I've got bad shoulders, for one thing. Fuck I haven't trained chest or shoulders in months. Pressing movements are out of the question

Of things that I can train, I've got both biceps and other tendinitis in both arms and honestly I don't back off training them because I'm a fuckin moron

Bad knees, conventional squats out of the question, but they never worked that well for me for development, anyway

My joints fuckin suck, in general

Broken pinky thats never been repaired or reset.

Broken nose while training.(still finished the workout)

Broken collarbone while rock climbing.

Shoulder thats either dislocated or pulled forward. Dont know how to fix that one.

Broken ankle.

Cracked skull from a falling rock in joshua tree.

Dislocated hip at birth that still pops out of place every so often. I found a video on youtube for a quick fix that works everytime.

Severe tendonitis in both forearms.

Mid 40s.and still training.my ass off.

I will play

torn labrum x2 both surgically repaired (sports)

torn ucl surgically repaired (sports)
Surgically removed bone chips out of elbow(sports)

broke collar bone (sports)

ruptured tendon in fingers x2 (bjj)

torn meniscus surgically repaired (sports)

shattered eye socket 4 plates put in my face (car wreck)

4 broken ribs (car wreck)

punctured lung (car wreck)

deviated septum (surgically repaired)

multiple broken noses and fingers

stabbed 3 times (bouncer)

torn forearm tendon off the bone(car wreck/lifting)

torn pec ( car wreck)

broken ankle (sports)

herniated L5 (lifting)

separated ac joint (work)

broken hand boxers fracture

all I can think of, turn 40 next year. Still banging!!!!

Wow, I'm relatively injury free compared to the above.

Broken nose, 4 times
Shattered cheek bone
Lacerated eyelid to where it was hanging below my eye, came with the shattered cheek bone and my eye was hanging partially out too.
Separated shoulder, too many times to count
Broken hand
Both thumbs broken, Not at the same time
Dislocated elbow
Broken pinkie and ring finger
Torn Achilles
Torn upper quad
Broken vertebrae in my neck, not broken enough for me to call it a broken neck but it's what gives me the most problems now and probably forever.

Fractured skull, ruptured spleen, bruised kidneys, accident when I got hit with a car.
Lacerated liver, ruptured spleen, broken arm from another accident on a snowmobile.
Broke wrist when I tripped getting out of skid loader and fell. 😆
Back surgery Herniated disk L4-L5 work related.

I know we've all had injuries and fought through them and some are still dealing w/ the sh*t. It sucks This thread is for everyone to tell us about your injuries. Big or small injuries isn't the point. It's all relative. So let's hear 'em.

It will be tough to list all mine bc I have enjoyed activities where injuries are almost guaranteed. Until now, I have survived:

Compound fracture, right humorous
Fractured skull, from above right eye to my crown. Bled into my eye socket and had a black eye for a year
4 shattered ribs, one piece punctured my left lung
Collapsed lung
Heart contusions
Coma, 3 and 1/2 days, low O2 (lung again)
3 toes severe frostbite (Whites, Pemigewasset, NH)
9 of my fingers have broken, some more than once (rock climbing hazard)
Dysentary at altitude (Mt. Baker, WA)
Over 1,000 stitches in over 49 years
7 staples (hit my head on the bottom of a high diving pool)
Concussions, many, after that first play, your head is buzzing for the rest of the game
Detached shoulder (motorcycle)
Both shoulders dislocated several times (climbing, motorcycle)
Broken far-right carpal "boxer break" (punched a guy)
Nitrogen narcolepsy (diving, fully recovered but disregarded my shallow stop to offgas nitrogen Whoops!
Cracked femur (auto accident, recent)

I have trained through all of this over the last 49 years. I lifted and and paid attention to the best research and technology at the time which anyone born before the mid 80's would understand.

I have very few visable scars but everything seeks to remind me on some cold, dreary morning. Most all of it was 100% reversible. Except the frostbite. You could pound a nail through my right big toe and I wouldn't know it. This not an exclusive list. I may have left out some sh*t. But I've always powered through.

This is what we do. We love it. I didn't think about any of this until someone bumped a thread from last year regarding a brother we all had. So no matter what your injuries, let's hear what ya gots. And how you got through. Or how you're coping. We want to know.

OTH
Bro we have no injuries. You took them all 🤣🤣

I will play

torn labrum x2 both surgically repaired (sports)

torn ucl surgically repaired (sports)
Surgically removed bone chips out of elbow(sports)

broke collar bone (sports)

ruptured tendon in fingers x2 (bjj)

torn meniscus surgically repaired (sports)

shattered eye socket 4 plates put in my face (car wreck)

4 broken ribs (car wreck)

punctured lung (car wreck)

deviated septum (surgically repaired)

multiple broken noses and fingers

stabbed 3 times (bouncer)

torn forearm tendon off the bone(car wreck/lifting)

torn pec ( car wreck)

broken ankle (sports)

herniated L5 (lifting)

separated ac joint (work)

broken hand boxers fracture

all I can think of, turn 40 next year. Still banging!!!!
When I read this I think, "Are we immortal?"

Damn, I'm thinking something like, "I should have died a thousand times but the tragedy is, I never did."

12 stitches in forehead
shattered forearm
3 broken ribs
Broken pinky toe,
broken pretty much all fingers
3 boxers fractures
2 or maybe 3 times broken nose

Bit tongue off(surgically reattached), herniated l5s1 and fractured vertebrae, concussion, clutch lever skewered my right calf all in off road motorcycle race crash
Multiple concussions
Torn retina
Partial quad tear
Torn bicep most recently

*Eye socket and cheek bone and brain hemmorage also fractured collarbone(hit by car)
*broke both arms same time trying to do a bike trick off a jump
*6in screw put into right hip goin through growth plate (football injury in HS)
* torn pectoral and bicep(while bench pressing)
* completely ruptured tricep and tricep tendon(most recent injury this year had surgery, skilled on stairs on black ice)
* the most constant and consistent pain since I was a little kid has always been my feet though. Doctors have multiple times asked to do the surgery “All American Sugery” I guess that’s the nickname for it. They pretty much break all bones in your foot and rebuild your feet. Not guantareed to work and rehab is intense well over a year so always turned it down and have jus dealt with it. But it has led to so many issues over the years. And not that I’m 34 definetly will never be happening. Feet are completely flat and severely over-pronated. Has even led to blood clot in past because of poor blood flow between my Feet and legs

I’m sorry forgot to add a couple more . I had slight tear in my right lat while doing pull-ups not warmed up. And 6 staples in head from being hit with brass knuckle. I’m honestly sure there’s more I forgot but I’ll leave those at it cuz first that came to mind

Ive had two bad car accidents. One I hit the cement divider wall on I 75 and flipped my car over on its roof going 60 mph. Separated my shoulder on that, and that was it. Seat belt saved my life. The other accident I fell asleep driving back from teaching and drove off the road in my Z 28. I hit a tree and had a bad concussion. Got lucky on that one too. I could have hit a lot of other things, including other cars.

Ive got another concussion when I got jumped by 4 guys in a fight. A guy snuck up behind me and creamed me in the back of the head. My buddy got me the hell out of there. One other concussion besides that.

Then of course in 2008 I had a bad heart attack while squatting and almost died. Was in cardiac ICU for 4 days. Blood pressure was down to around 60/40. Was so low they had to put me upside down in the bed hanging so that I got enough blood flow to my brain. Was on dopamine to raise BP.

Then the many bouts of ventricular tachycardia, one nearly killed me because it was before I had my defibrillator implanted.

Im still trying to lift and do squats.

So are you getting through? I'm 230. Cardio is crap. I'm restarting everything. Nobody has existing? I'm fighting tendinitis or a pinched nerve, I think. Goes from my delt, back my arm and forearm before going my right pinky finger. Even that's a PIA

So are you getting through? I'm 230. Cardio is crap. I'm restarting everything. Nobody has existing? I'm fighting tendinitis or a pinched nerve, I think. Goes from my delt, back my arm and forearm before going my right pinky finger. Even that's a PIA
Its hard to exercise now for me. I cant push very hard at all because of my heart, risk going into V tach or God knows what. My low back is messed up, along with my SI joints. Bad left shoulder too. Knees get sore like never before. Sucks getting old. Just 51 but feel like Im 80 some days.

Its hard to exercise now for me. I cant push very hard at all because of my heart, risk going into V tach or God knows what. My low back is messed up, along with my SI joints. Bad left shoulder too. Knees get sore like never before. Sucks getting old. Just 51 but feel like Im 80 some days.
Honestly maldorf, we're just glad you're still with us. A decade ago, we weren't all too sure. Nobody was. All of us were concerned. Glad you fought through 👍

Last edited:
Wow, I'm relatively injury free compared to the above.

Broken nose, 4 times
Shattered cheek bone
Lacerated eyelid to where it was hanging below my eye, came with the shattered cheek bone and my eye was hanging partially out too.
Separated shoulder, too many times to count
Broken hand
Both thumbs broken, Not at the same time
Dislocated elbow
Broken pinkie and ring finger
Torn Achilles
Torn upper quad
Broken vertebrae in my neck, not broken enough for me to call it a broken neck but it's what gives me the most problems now and probably forever.
Not *exactly* "injury free" lmao

Honestly waldorf, we're just glad you're still with us. A decade ago, we weren't all too sure. Nobody was. All of us were concerned. Glad you fought through, brother
I count myself lucky to still be alive today after all I have gone through. Those 2 bad car accidents and then my heart attack. I could have easily died in any of those events. Sounds like you had some bad accidents too. I like to think that since we were all in good shape physically, that helped us survive some of what we went through. Reminds me of how Matt Mendenhall went straight through his windshield and didnt get hurt bad at all. He had one thick neck!

I count myself lucky to still be alive today after all I have gone through. Those 2 bad car accidents and then my heart attack. I could have easily died in any of those events. Sounds like you had some bad accidents too. I like to think that since we were all in good shape physically, that helped us survive some of what we went through. Reminds me of how Matt Mendenhall went straight through his windshield and didnt get hurt bad at all. He had one thick neck!
You are lucky. I fixed my above post. My autocorrect changes mal to wal? Sorry about that. It's awesome that you still train at all. We're a different breed. Some people would have rolled over and died. Not us.

Man I guess I will start from birth. I wasn't born in the us.we are 5 siblings. I'm the youngest 49

When my mom RIP found out she was pregnant from me she was getting ready to come to the states.she didn't Want to have another kid so she went for an abortion. The doctor told her his already completely formed kid don't do it.she said she wanted done. Back then it's not like today that they use a vacuum and suck the fetus out.they use to use a spoon and scoop you out.so my mom was sedated for the procedure.

When she woke up she ask the doctor that's it it done.the doctor said no.we tried and tried but he kept moving around inside and we couldn't grab him.we had to stop before we caused you injuries. SO I WAS BORN

When I was a year old I got water in my lungs and had to be hospitalized for 3 months and made it through

When I was 4 I was eating a watermelon and my eyes flipped all the way back completely white eyes and started foaming at the mouth.had to get rush to the hospital. They saved me said they couldn't figure out what caused it

We moved to the states when I was 8 years old.when I turned 9 my mom tried to commit suicide in a jealous fight with my dad.it happened in front of me ,dad and my oldest brother. She slices both of her inside of her for arm's several times.and I was looking at blood gushing all over.my brother got fed up and grabs the gun from the table and was trying to blow his brains while my dad was fight to take the gun from him.which he did.

At age 17 I was with 4 friends in a parking lot because one of my friends girlfriend was learning how to parallel park because she was going to take her driver's license test.when she finished we was just hanging talking and a black guy(no racism here) riding a bicycle stop about a block away and for no reason pulled a gun out .and took one shot at us
I got hit in the stomach. I had internal bleeding.he hit me millimeters away from my belly button
I only had one drop of blood coming out of the bullet hole.my stomach was blown up like a balloon. The hospital was 5 minutes away. By the time my friends drove me there I was dead.I was brought back with the electric shock machine to my chest.at that time I had an outer body experience. I was floating in the air and I can see all the doctors and nurses working around me cutting my clothes off

I starting praying saying God please I'm to young to die please give me a chance. With in that prayer I woke up in my body and same doctors I was seeing where working on me and said we have to do emergency surgery NOW

They told my parents we going to try our best but there is a 98% his not going to make it out of this.the bullet went through his intestines some organs and main arterie.with internal bleeding. Imagine my whole family freaked. They where at the hospital already.

I woke up in icu and the doctor that did the surgery came to talk to me and explained everything he did.he said you're main arterie was slice by the bullet and hanging by a string. I had to cut it and reattach it.they had to put 15 pints of blood in me
He said you lucky it hit you millimeters from the belly button because if it hit you in the belly button you would of die instantly .he said you lucky it entered side ways because if it would of gone in straight where it hit you.you would of been paralyzed from your neck down.

THEN HE LOOKS AT ME AND SAID. OUT OF A MILLION PEOPLE THAT GET SHOT LIKE YOU DID 1 MAKES IT.THAT 1 IS YOU NOW.THEN HE POINTS TO THE ROOF OF THE ROOM AND TELLS ME SOMEONE UP THERE LOVES YOU.I LITERALLY DIED CRY AND OF GOOSEBUMPS BECAUSE I REMEMBER PRAYING TO GOD

Fast forward I had my right knee scoped my right shoulder scoped

About less than 2 years ago I had diverticulitis and went to the hospital because the pain was unbelievable
The doctor said we need to do surgery asap.they removed 12 inches of my colone. He said you lucky you came in on time because it was about to erupted and if it did you wouldn't of made it. Because it would of poisoned you

Then I had a car accident and do to it I have 4 herniated disc. Completely gone degenerated. Bone on bone compressing the nerves in between That needs surgery but I refuse to do surgery. So I have to be on pain meds for the rest of my life and I get nerve blocks every 8 months.plus a bunch other meds for it

So I been through a lot of shit lol
I consider them injuries because some are physical and others mental

Oh and I broke my ankle playing softball when I was in my teens.by sliding into second base. Like who the fuck slides playing softball 🤣🤣

Oh and I tore my pec muscle left side doing 400lbs decline about 15 years ago.my entire arm turned black and blue from my shoulder all the way to my wrist. And I still stayed and did shoulder instead of chest lol.didnt go to doctor just left it heal on it own
Just have a small indentation in my left chest when I flex it.other than that you could never tell.

SO PIMPMAN IS HERE

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity