over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Our Injuries

I can’t even compete with half of these and I feel lucky! so I’ll try to hang lol let’s see
Broken nose
Broken hand (boxers fracture)
Got stabbed in the chest and neck (just twice)
Stepped on my kids lego this morning and that’s probably the worst one on my list 🤣

I'm amazed by @pimpman post,you're indestructable brother!!!
I'll skip past my childhood since it was typical growing-up-type injuries,minus a bout of rhuematic fever which almost killed me lol. And the dirt-bike/bmx bicycle crashes which all 70's/80's kids dealt with,a right of passage

So,I've had-
-torn patella tendon(had knee wraps on) doing hack squats with 11 plates on each side,was left hanging on by a few strands of tendon

-partially torn pec doing 405 on the flat bench,let it heal on it's own

-broken wrist,damaged tendons/ligaments ended up removing the bones from the "snuff box of the hand" I have lost 70% movement of my left wrist (work)

-distal biceps ruture right arm when a scaffold plank I was standing on welding a pipe broke and I grabbed the pipe w one arm preventing me from falling down an elevator shaft and being impaled by re-bar (work)

-torn rotator cuff (right shoulder) as a result of that fall

-left side rotator cuff tear (work)

-re-injured right rotator cuff&ortho was able to spilt one of the tendons and utilize it since the other insertion point had long since shriveled up. Said it was a salvage repair simply to allow movement and if I rupture it again theres no chance of repair (work)

-herniated L5-S1 and continued working for 14mos longer w the pain getting worse, then couldn't deal w the pain and had L5-S1 fusion (work)

-L2-S1 revision w lotsa hardware installed including titanium 3/8" x 2" lag bolts bolted into my pelvic bones (see pic below) yeah I know,my loving wife says it looks like I have a dick bolted to my spine lol! 48 metal staples to close the incision

-C4/5/6 fusion due to a dumbass apprentice while carrying a 21' length of 5" carbon steel pipe on our shoulders...he suddenly dropped the pipe while we were walking with it and I suffered the resulting injury...which forced me into early retirement after 30yrs as a Union plumber/pipewelder (work)

-re-injured left rotator cuff repair doing cable side laterals,heard a pop and felt a familiar tingle. Kept training right through it cause I'm stupid like that

-partially torn hip flexor while plowing the driveway at home and slipping on the ice. Couldn't train quads/hams for 10wks due to the pain

-distal biceps rupture,left arm doing preachers. Felt that pop and the tingle....

-torn calve muscle(gastroc) running down the stairs at home to break up a pitbull fight in my kitchen. Oh theres that pop and tingle yet again. No surgery required,healed up nicely

-torn rotator cuff(right side) which was the salvage-repair (doing yard work)

-torn short head of right biceps from yard work injury above

-reverse shoulder replacement,right shoulder

-Not really an injury,but had stent installed in the RCA of my heart. Now I'm on BP meds&cholesterol meds

That's about it although I may have forgotten one surgery here or there lol. Throughout all my injuries I continued training once I healed up even though the doctors said "you'll never be able to train again". I may have walked away for awhile or put the gym on the hold for a year or two but like a moth to a flame,I always end up back at the gym doing what I love. I have a lot of pain I deal w everyday,I have lost a lot of ROM from the surgeries,I have been severely depressed from all the injuries and questioned my existence,there's more things physically that I can no longer do than there are things that I can do. I struggle everyday to get dressed,put my frigging socks on,wipe my ass,simple daily tasks that are extremely frustrating now but I'm still here and hopefully a stronger person for all I have endured.
Thanks for listening gents

Attachments

• IMG_8371 (1).JPG
    IMG_8371 (1).JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8530 (1).JPG
    IMG_8530 (1).JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 7
Man I guess I will start from birth. I wasn't born in the us.we are 5 siblings. I'm the youngest 49

When my mom RIP found out she was pregnant from me she was getting ready to come to the states.she didn't Want to have another kid so she went for an abortion. The doctor told her his already completely formed kid don't do it.she said she wanted done. Back then it's not like today that they use a vacuum and suck the fetus out.they use to use a spoon and scoop you out.so my mom was sedated for the procedure.

When she woke up she ask the doctor that's it it done.the doctor said no.we tried and tried but he kept moving around inside and we couldn't grab him.we had to stop before we caused you injuries. SO I WAS BORN

When I was a year old I got water in my lungs and had to be hospitalized for 3 months and made it through

When I was 4 I was eating a watermelon and my eyes flipped all the way back completely white eyes and started foaming at the mouth.had to get rush to the hospital. They saved me said they couldn't figure out what caused it

We moved to the states when I was 8 years old.when I turned 9 my mom tried to commit suicide in a jealous fight with my dad.it happened in front of me ,dad and my oldest brother. She slices both of her inside of her for arm's several times.and I was looking at blood gushing all over.my brother got fed up and grabs the gun from the table and was trying to blow his brains while my dad was fight to take the gun from him.which he did.

At age 17 I was with 4 friends in a parking lot because one of my friends girlfriend was learning how to parallel park because she was going to take her driver's license test.when she finished we was just hanging talking and a black guy(no racism here) riding a bicycle stop about a block away and for no reason pulled a gun out .and took one shot at us
I got hit in the stomach. I had internal bleeding.he hit me millimeters away from my belly button
I only had one drop of blood coming out of the bullet hole.my stomach was blown up like a balloon. The hospital was 5 minutes away. By the time my friends drove me there I was dead.I was brought back with the electric shock machine to my chest.at that time I had an outer body experience. I was floating in the air and I can see all the doctors and nurses working around me cutting my clothes off

I starting praying saying God please I'm to young to die please give me a chance. With in that prayer I woke up in my body and same doctors I was seeing where working on me and said we have to do emergency surgery NOW

They told my parents we going to try our best but there is a 98% his not going to make it out of this.the bullet went through his intestines some organs and main arterie.with internal bleeding. Imagine my whole family freaked. They where at the hospital already.

I woke up in icu and the doctor that did the surgery came to talk to me and explained everything he did.he said you're main arterie was slice by the bullet and hanging by a string. I had to cut it and reattach it.they had to put 15 pints of blood in me
He said you lucky it hit you millimeters from the belly button because if it hit you in the belly button you would of die instantly .he said you lucky it entered side ways because if it would of gone in straight where it hit you.you would of been paralyzed from your neck down.

THEN HE LOOKS AT ME AND SAID. OUT OF A MILLION PEOPLE THAT GET SHOT LIKE YOU DID 1 MAKES IT.THAT 1 IS YOU NOW.THEN HE POINTS TO THE ROOF OF THE ROOM AND TELLS ME SOMEONE UP THERE LOVES YOU.I LITERALLY DIED CRY AND OF GOOSEBUMPS BECAUSE I REMEMBER PRAYING TO GOD

Fast forward I had my right knee scoped my right shoulder scoped

About less than 2 years ago I had diverticulitis and went to the hospital because the pain was unbelievable
The doctor said we need to do surgery asap.they removed 12 inches of my colone. He said you lucky you came in on time because it was about to erupted and if it did you wouldn't of made it. Because it would of poisoned you

Then I had a car accident and do to it I have 4 herniated disc. Completely gone degenerated. Bone on bone compressing the nerves in between That needs surgery but I refuse to do surgery. So I have to be on pain meds for the rest of my life and I get nerve blocks every 8 months.plus a bunch other meds for it

So I been through a lot of shit lol
I consider them injuries because some are physical and others mental

Oh and I broke my ankle playing softball when I was in my teens.by sliding into second base. Like who the fuck slides playing softball

Oh and I tore my pec muscle left side doing 400lbs decline about 15 years ago.my entire arm turned black and blue from my shoulder all the way to my wrist. And I still stayed and did shoulder instead of chest lol.didnt go to doctor just left it heal on it own
Just have a small indentation in my left chest when I flex it.other than that you could never tell.

SO PIMPMAN IS HERE
That diverticulitis could have been caused by scar tissue formed from that gun shot. My mother had a bad case of it and her colon ruptured, just about killed her. She was told that it looked like scar tissue from a previous surgery more than likely caused it.

Your life reads like a four star movie. Glad you're still with us!

I can’t even compete with half of these and I feel lucky! so I’ll try to hang lol let’s see
Broken nose
Broken hand (boxers fracture)
Got stabbed in the chest and neck (just twice)
Stepped on my kids lego this morning and that’s probably the worst one on my list
I like how you say "just twice" getting stabbed in the chest and neck. Hell, one time is horrific!

Man some of you guys are a mess! 😂 I kid, I'm right there with you!!

When I was 19 I was at a party. 4 guys from a local Filipino gang came in and started looking for trouble. My buddy and I went out front with the 4 of them. Our 2 was good for their 4 BUT what we didn't know is that there was roughly 20 more outside. We got our shots in and took some of them out but eventually got overwhelmed. It's funny because the first few shots I took were sucker punches, even though we were that outnumbered. One of the sucker punches broke my nose. The cops eventually showed up. Here's how the conversation went...

Cop: Who was involved in the fight?

Me: Me and him
Cop: Who else?
Me: That's it
Cop: Do you know what the call was that came in?
Me: No
Cop: One of the neighbors called the cops and reported two gangs fighting in the street, saying there's between 20 to 25 guys.
Me: Well, on this side it was just me and him!

So, if you split the difference and say 22 guys it was 20 on 2. 😂 What are you gonna' do?

I've broken multiple fingers, both thumbs, toes, hand and torn ligament in my hand. The ligament was painful and took forever to heal! When I was 20 I was re-racking 120lb dumbbells. The left one didn't rack properly. I racked the right one and when I went back to the left it slipped forward and snapped my left index finger at the first digit on the rack. Still crooked to this day!

I broke my left femur when I was 22. I was drunk and got into a fight with 3 guys in a bad part of town after a concert. They were at their car and pulled out two baseball bats and a pipe. I fought hard but not surprisingly didn't win that one! LOL!! Not to sound like a tough guy but those are the only two fights I ever lost.

I did martial arts, boxed, kickboxed and worked as a bodyguard for a few years but never had any serious injuries, just the normal little things.

I had my first back surgery at 29. L4-5 & L5s1 Laminectomy. My back pain started at 17 and became chronic at 19...or at least that's when I realized it was chronic. It got worse as time went on. I had a construction business for 17 years and every one of those years took a toll. I've spent the last 35 years in pain. Not looking for sympathy of any kind, just putting it out there. Ankylosing Spondylitis runs in my family and I was finally diagnosed with it in my mid/late forties. The doctors said that's what the pain was when I was 17 and going forward. I also had herniated discs and other spine issues from the job and hobbies previously stated.

- In June of 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer, Carcinoid Syndrom.
- In April of 2014 I had surgery for it.
- In December 2014 I had L4-5 and L5s1 fused. At that time, I hadn't been diagnosed with AS. Ibuprofen and pain meds were the only thing keeping me going. Two weeks before the surgery I had to stop the Ibuprofen. The pain skyrocketed from the AS. I wasn't allowed to use NSAID's for 6 months after the surgery. It made the recovery pretty damn rough. It's amazing sometimes the pain we can endure.
- In August 2015 I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused. Again, no NSAID's for 6 months...ouch!
- In late Oct/early Nov right as I was going to start PT for the neck, my thoracic started to hurt. The next day it hurt to breathe and the day after that, I could hardly move without excruciating pain. I somehow fractured my T-6 vertebrae. 3+ months in a brace. The only thing the doctors could come up with was that it was a stress fracture. They said an injury to that part of the spine is usually a car accident, motorcycle accident, bad fall, etc.
- In June of 2018 I had a Laminectomy, Microdiscectomy at L2-3.
- In October of 2018 I had Foraminotomy/Laminectomy at C3-4.
- In December of 2018 I had a C7-T1 Fusion.
2018 was a painful and busy year.

I'm sure I left some things out. There's a lot to remember! LOL!!

Fast forward to now, I'm back on a biologic for AS and it's helping! I still may have another surgery to fuse my SI Joint. It still causes me a lot of pain there and my entire right hip. The severe inflammation is causing bursitis and sciatica. At times I get severe headaches, similar to migraines and they can last days. I recently had one that lasted 4 days and the longest has been 5. They take a lot of me. It takes a few days to recover from those. This last year was very tough being off of or off and on drugs for the disease. It causes plantar fasciitis. My feet, ankles, right knee and left elbow have significant pain. Just the progression of the disease. The scary thing is what I am without a biologic. Since I started Cocentyx I'm feeling a better and started training again on April 1st.

It's funny, the biggest compliment I get if I reveal what I've gone through/going through is people saying I would never guess any of that by looking at you and you're always smiling, laughing and joking. We all have a choice to make in how we handle obstacles in our lives. I choose not to spread the misery and I want to be happy!! The gym is my salvation I'll keep dragging myself in there as long as I can!

I will play

torn labrum x2 both surgically repaired (sports)

torn ucl surgically repaired (sports)
Surgically removed bone chips out of elbow(sports)

broke collar bone (sports)

ruptured tendon in fingers x2 (bjj)

torn meniscus surgically repaired (sports)

shattered eye socket 4 plates put in my face (car wreck)

4 broken ribs (car wreck)

punctured lung (car wreck)

deviated septum (surgically repaired)

multiple broken noses and fingers

stabbed 3 times (bouncer)

torn forearm tendon off the bone(car wreck/lifting)

torn pec ( car wreck)

broken ankle (sports)

herniated L5 (lifting)

separated ac joint (work)

broken hand boxers fracture

all I can think of, turn 40 next year. Still banging!!!!
How did the labrums heal after surgery?

I bet you lost a lot of blood. Terrible event.
Man to be honest I can’t remember half of it I was 19 and completely out of control drunk/ semi in shock real weird I remember there being a lot of blood but I don’t think at the time I realized how bad it really was.

Not *exactly* "injury free" lmao
Haha, that's true as I read the list. All of them are sports related except a broken nose/cheek/eyelid which happened all at once but did involve a baseball bat so it's still a bit sports related. LOL

Existing injuries:
Nerve damage in neck, affects right shoulder and bicep - permanent
Knees - 0 cartridge and tendonitis
Brain - you've read my posts, so obviously its permanent 🤣🤣🤣

I've had plenty of boxers breaks, severe burns from being clumsy around hot metal, no stitches because I don't go to the er - but plenty of scarring from super gluing stuff back together, generally self inflicted because...clumsy
Broke every finger at some point, again, clumsy
3 broken ribs in high-school from football..

99% of mine are all because I have the coordination of a frying pan.

That diverticulitis could have been caused by scar tissue formed from that gun shot. My mother had a bad case of it and her colon ruptured, just about killed her. She was told that it looked like scar tissue from a previous surgery more than likely caused it.

Your life reads like a four star movie. Glad you're still with us!
No actually I had been going to the er for several years when I would get an attack. They would give me antibiotics and diludid for pain for few days and sent me home after infection cured.

Doctor said if you get 3 attacks in one year you must have surgery. So imagine I've been going through that for few years and no other doctor cared to tell me that.

So he asked me how many attacks have you had this year already. I said 12 or more he almost passed out. And requested an mri or scan. And came back and said you ain't going nowhere you getting surgery now it's extremely sick you lucky we are still talking

So he told me that the surgery was going to be about 3 hours. So my wife and girlfriend kissed me goodbye and said we see you soon.(yes wife and girlfriend I'm blessed lol) but the surgery took over 7 hours.he said the I had so much scar tissue from my gun shot surgery that he had to remove so much of it to even get to the colone part that needed to be removed. But no the scar tissue didn't cause the diverticulitis.

And guess what the surgery was done by a robot machine that had 6 hands.the doctor controls the hands of the robot though
When he told me the robot was doing I was like wait hold the phone. But he explained to me that the robot could do things inside of me that no doctor hands could. That it was a very precised machine.and sure enough it did a great job.

I remember laying there getting prepped and looking toy right the robot was a foot away from me.and saying oh God wtf .the doctor joking at one point told me stop looking at it I promise you will be ok your in great hands.I replied yea 6 hands lol

It's fuckin killing me to not be able to train 100%

I've got bad shoulders, for one thing. Fuck I haven't trained chest or shoulders in months. Pressing movements are out of the question

Of things that I can train, I've got both biceps and other tendinitis in both arms and honestly I don't back off training them because I'm a fuckin moron

Bad knees, conventional squats out of the question, but they never worked that well for me for development, anyway

My joints fuckin suck, in general
What’s wrong with your shoulders and are you planning to have surgery?

No actually I had been going to the er for several years when I would get an attack. They would give me antibiotics and diludid for pain for few days and sent me home after infection cured.

Doctor said if you get 3 attacks in one year you must have surgery. So imagine I've been going through that for few years and no other doctor cared to tell me that.

So he asked me how many attacks have you had this year already. I said 12 or more he almost passed out. And requested an mri or scan. And came back and said you ain't going nowhere you getting surgery now it's extremely sick you lucky we are still talking

So he told me that the surgery was going to be about 3 hours. So my wife and girlfriend kissed me goodbye and said we see you soon.(yes wife and girlfriend I'm blessed lol) but the surgery took over 7 hours.he said the I had so much scar tissue from my gun shot surgery that he had to remove so much of it to even get to the colone part that needed to be removed. But no the scar tissue didn't cause the diverticulitis.

And guess what the surgery was done by a robot machine that had 6 hands.the doctor controls the hands of the robot though
When he told me the robot was doing I was like wait hold the phone. But he explained to me that the robot could do things inside of me that no doctor hands could. That it was a very precised machine.and sure enough it did a great job.

I remember laying there getting prepped and looking toy right the robot was a foot away from me.and saying oh God wtf .the doctor joking at one point told me stop looking at it I promise you will be ok your in great hands.I replied yea 6 hands lol
You're lucky it didn't burst like my mother's did. Great your doctors caught it early enough. My mother had to have a colostomy for 1 year.

• Sad
Reactions: Bio
You're lucky it didn't burst like my mother's did. Great your doctors caught it early enough. My mother had to have a colostomy for 1 year.
Man that was my fear.the doctor said you may have to have a colostomy bag for at least 3 months. I almost fainted not kidding

He said if they have to do surgery while you have it infected. Then you need the bag.but he said we going to do this.we going to put you on extremely strong antibiotics 24/7 see what happens but chances are you will have the bag.im try my best.

When I woke up first thing I did was lift my gown and looked to see if I had the bag and I didn't. I was so so happy.you can't even imagine

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear