over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Our monsters...

Not bad i am fixing to switch to uspa i squat 800 going for 825 in feb ill be going for a 750 dead and a 515 to 525 bench in in the super heavy as well

Not bad i am fixing to switch to uspa i squat 800 going for 825 in feb ill be going for a 750 dead and a 515 to 525 bench in in the super heavy as well
That's some big weight man! I like the USPA/IPL because it's consistent judging and the meets are professional. I will lift in the APF to since those are the two main feds in my area. What fed are you coming over from?

Sponsored by Ukgear (www.ukanabol.cc)"

Curious about the Super wide grip on squats, have seen Mark Bell do the same thing. What's the advantage instead of keeping it close and tight?

Sent using professional muscle mobile app

Curious about the Super wide grip on squats, have seen Mark Bell do the same thing. What's the advantage instead of keeping it close and tight?

For me I have to grip out wide because of shoulder issues. There isn't really an advantage other than less pain for me. I'm working through some of those issues and trying to bring them in a little every week so long as the shoulder pain and biceps tendinitis doesn't flare up. If it does, I pretty much have to skip benching that week. Kinda sucks, but it's a work in progress.

For me I have to grip out wide because of shoulder issues. There isn't really an advantage other than less pain for me. I'm working through some of those issues and trying to bring them in a little every week so long as the shoulder pain and biceps tendinitis doesn't flare up. If it does, I pretty much have to skip benching that week. Kinda sucks, but it's a work in progress.

Ahh that was one thing I considered. I know for me I high bar squat for the same reason. Can't low bar squat without arm pain yet.

Ahh that was one thing I considered. I know for me I high bar squat for the same reason. Can't low bar squat without arm pain yet.

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to squat so it hurts. If you follow my training log you'll see me use a few different bars so I squat without making it hard to bench press a couple days later.

That's some big weight man! I like the USPA/IPL because it's consistent judging and the meets are professional. I will lift in the APF to since those are the two main feds in my area. What fed are you coming over from?

Ill be coming from uspf

Solid. What weight class?

Those are nice lifts. I finally broke 700 deadlift at 265. Squat is only 600 though. Bench is sad at 425

Those are nice lifts. I finally broke 700 deadlift at 265. Squat is only 600 though. Bench is sad at 425
Don't feel bad about your bench. Over 400 is good at any weight. And for me, I'm just now over 400 consistently. Long arms and a blown shoulder don't help. Ha ha those are great numbers though man.

Don't feel bad about your bench. Over 400 is good at any weight. And for me, I'm just now over 400 consistently. Long arms and a blown shoulder don't help. Ha ha those are great numbers though man.

Thank you. Yours are great too. I have a great gym to train in. We have amazing equipment and some solid guys. That helps alot. Plus we have strong man training toon. That adds great variety to out training

My first meet was APF. It was very well run so I'll stick with them for now. I really don't know much about the others and I compete in strongman at the world level so powerlifting isn't my main focus.

My first meet was APF. It was very well run so I'll stick with them for now. I really don't know much about the others and I compete in strongman at the world level so powerlifting isn't my main focus.
I've got some friends who do strongman and I'm just glad they don't compete in powerlifting cause I'd get smoked by them! Ha ha

It's something I'd like to give a serious shot one of these days though. And honestly it's so much more fun to watch than powerlifting.

I've got some friends who do strongman and I'm just glad they don't compete in powerlifting cause I'd get smoked by them! Ha ha

It's something I'd like to give a serious shot one of these days though. And honestly it's so much more fun to watch than powerlifting.

Well I did break 4 American records at my first meet, so strongman does transition well into powerlifting. I broke the squat and bench with my second attempt, and broke the deadlift record by 50lbs with my first attempt.

I don't know if it works the other way though. I've had a few powerlifters out for training with me. They did well for their first time out, but it took them days to recover from the training. Look for a "light" contest and get your feet wet. Most likely you'd really enjoy it.

Well I did break 4 American records at my first meet, so strongman does transition well into powerlifting. I broke the squat and bench with my second attempt, and broke the deadlift record by 50lbs with my first attempt.

I don't know if it works the other way though. I've had a few powerlifters out for training with me. They did well for their first time out, but it took them days to recover from the training. Look for a "light" contest and get your feet wet. Most likely you'd really enjoy it.
Yeah, I don't think it works the other way around because of the specifity of powerlifting movements. And speaking for myself, I'm not in shape for anything but powerlifting. That said, I'm gonna start doing weighted carries in my training so I'm not so out of shape. Then I'll probably train events with a few buddies before I totally embarrass myself. Ha ha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner