Our two Sphynx cats Gizmo and Gonzo.

Attachments

• P1000568a.jpg
    P1000568a.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 858
  • P1000594a.jpg
    P1000594a.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 1,248
Thanks! It was funny, on Halloween night some kids got a look at the cats through the door and they said "poor kitty!" because I guess they thought the cats had lost all their hair!

Those kinda cats freak me out. My wife's momma has one and while it is a cool cat with Personality it still freaks me out.

Those kinda cats freak me out. My wife's momma has one and while it is a cool cat with Personality it still freaks me out.

I guess it takes awhile to get used to. I would think most bodybuilders would be into it because we all like to be lean and hairless! You can see the muscle seperationg in these cats and they eat like hogs and are yet lean. They have a really fast metabolism because they have to keep the body temp about 2 degrees farhenheit higher than the average cat due to lack of insulating hair. The lighter colored one can eat as much as my 9 year old!

I hate cats guess bc cat allergies but those are some weird looking cats but the good thing is they don't have allergens if I am correct. I said if I was to own a cat it would have to be one of those oriental short haired cats they are hypoallergenic.

I guess it takes awhile to get used to. I would think most bodybuilders would be into it because we all like to be lean and hairless! You can see the muscle seperationg in these cats and they eat like hogs and are yet lean. They have a really fast metabolism because they have to keep the body temp about 2 degrees farhenheit higher than the average cat due to lack of insulating hair. The lighter colored one can eat as much as my 9 year old!

That's what freaks me out about her cat is their muscle tone. Hers has blue eyes and sits on this ledge above her couch so when you walk into the living room the first thing you see is the muscled up hairless blue eyed creature lol. Her cat is smart as hell though comes when her name is called and likes to play hide n seek. I hide somewhere in the living room then I call the cats name and she comes and seeks me out it is pretty funny.

I hate cats guess bc cat allergies but those are some weird looking cats but the good thing is they don't have allergens if I am correct. I said if I was to own a cat it would have to be one of those oriental short haired cats they are hypoallergenic.

They are not totally hypoallergenic, but cause very little problems with someone who has allergies to cats. My daughter has allergies to all animals and with these cats the worst that happens is some itchy eyes after she has loved all over the cat and doesnt wash her hands. My daughter has asthma like me and cant stay more than 30 min in a house with dogs because the asthma is so bad. One of the main reasons we got the cats was because of her.

If you don't mind me asking. What did you pay for them. I plan on moving soon and I want to get two of them after I move. Just curious on price. I have seen price range from $800 to $1400.

do you have to do anything to take of their skin since they have no hair?

Hope they both have robes for those cold nights.

I had a hairless guinea pig once.

If you don't mind me asking. What did you pay for them. I plan on moving soon and I want to get two of them after I move. Just curious on price. I have seen price range from $800 to $1400.

Yeah, they average around $1000, and youll pay more if you want to show them. If you say just for pet then they will spay/neuter them so that you cant breed. You may find them for less too, but I would count on about $1000.

do you have to do anything to take of their skin since they have no hair?

They need a bath at least a couple of time a month or so because they do build up oil on their skin, just to keep them looking clean. You need to clean out their ears too about once a week because they build up a bunch of wax! They build up wax because they have no hair inside their ears and the wax acts to catch debree.

Hope they both have robes for those cold nights.

I had a hairless guinea pig once.

LOL, they cuddle at night with us under the blankets.

If you have 2 long hair cats like me, you would love a cat with no hair. :D It is constant cleaning with my cats.

If you have 2 long hair cats like me, you would love a cat with no hair. :D It is constant cleaning with my cats.

Persians? Ive owned lots of cats but these are my first Sphynx. I am used to having short haired cats but they dont require any grooming really except when they shed their winter coats in the early spring. Having no hair is awesome!

Persians? Ive owned lots of cats but these are my first Sphynx. I am used to having short haired cats but they dont require any grooming really except when they shed their winter coats in the early spring. Having no hair is awesome!

No, one is a maine coon, the other a domestic long hair.

No, one is a maine coon, the other a domestic long hair.

I like the Maine Coons. Those can get pretty big. Gonzo, the darker sphynx, is out biggest but only weighs about 12 pounds. Gizmo goes around 10 lbs.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131