over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Over 70 shredded guy

AMAZING!! What an INSPIRATION!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

I understand your point and it certainly is valid. But compared to your average Western 70+'er riddled with all kinds of medical issues, he's probably doing quite well. He can clearly still train hard and when I compare him to others his age in my family... let's say that I can't possibly see them bodybuilding training any day soon :D

Exactly. Plus the guy is 73 now. The very fact he is going strong at that age shows he mustn't be that unhealthy. Some 73 year olds can barely move and live sedentary lifestyles and we look at them as fairly "normal". This guy has always been in shape. Here he is in 1998...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTHbFN5V_s"]Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 3 de 3 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTD7xM23VJw"]Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 2 de 3 - YouTube[/ame]

He is most famous for this video...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRHejWJiYo"]Abuelo de 72 Años Humilla a Jovenes en el Gimnasio - YouTube[/ame]

Well, to be able to maintain that and be that old he must have been doing it for a long time. He must really enjoy living like that. I don't think he would live a life that made him miserable. Some people like the regime. Maybe is ex military and likes the structure?

Honestly, most of us who are in this madness of bodybuilding, we love the lifestyle by the order, structure and discipline associated.

Some just would want to have a good body/health without having to make an effort, but that does not give you a purpose of life, a sense of accomplishment. And its this last, philosophically, what is important for live.

Honestly, most of us who are in this madness of bodybuilding, we love the lifestyle by the order, structure and discipline associated.

Some just would want to have a good body/health without having to make an effort, but that does not give you a purpose of life, a sense of accomplishment. And its this last, philosophically, what is important for live.

I agree. The only issue that arises is that some take it too far and it becomes unhealthy. Apparently this gentleman knows how far to take it and when to stop because he is in his 70s now and seems very healthy. He found the right balance!

Exactly. Plus the guy is 73 now. The very fact he is going strong at that age shows he mustn't be that unhealthy. Some 73 year olds can barely move and live sedentary lifestyles and we look at them as fairly "normal". This guy has always been in shape. Here he is in 1998...

Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 3 de 3 - YouTube
Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 2 de 3 - YouTube

Abuelo de 72 Años Humilla a Jovenes en el Gimnasio - YouTube

If he's 73 now that means he was 52 in two of those videos. Great shape then, great shape now!

I understand your point and it certainly is valid. But compared to your average Western 70+'er riddled with all kinds of medical issues, he's probably doing quite well. He can clearly still train hard and when I compare him to others his age in my family... let's say that I can't possibly see them bodybuilding training any day soon :D

Is he though?

I can say for me personally I would be a lot healthier with a multi vitamin doing cardio and light resistance a few days a week rather than pinning myself with gear, GH and a dozen obscure supplements I take on top of it pushing my body like an animal 5-6 days a week drawing blood every 3 months to make sure I'm not all fucked up and then taking even more shit to fix whatever is fucked up plus all the other shit I'm not mentioning.

I think that could be said of everyone here including the 70 year old guy that looks like a scary freak to 99% of society. Or are we going to sit here and actually fool ourselves into thinking a bodybuilding lifestyle or any facsimile of it is healthy?

Hey it is what it is, I wouldn't take the trade off for anything and love the way I look and feel but lets at least be honest with ourselves about it.

Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 3 de 3 - YouTube
Rafael Vera - Entrenamiento de 1998 2 de 3 - YouTube

Abuelo de 72 Años Humilla a Jovenes en el Gimnasio - YouTube

Now...if after he ripped off his tear away workout clothes, the good looking woman in her 20's would have walked up and felt his package then whispered her phone number in his ear.....THEN I would have been really impressed.

Is he though?

I can say for me personally I would be a lot healthier with a multi vitamin doing cardio and light resistance a few days a week rather than pinning myself with gear, GH and a dozen obscure supplements I take on top of it pushing my body like an animal 5-6 days a week drawing blood every 3 months to make sure I'm not all fucked up and then taking even more shit to fix whatever is fucked up plus all the other shit I'm not mentioning.

I think that could be said of everyone here including the 70 year old guy that looks like a scary freak to 99% of society. Or are we going to sit here and actually fool ourselves into thinking a bodybuilding lifestyle or any facsimile of it is healthy?

Hey it is what it is, I wouldn't take the trade off for anything and love the way I look and feel but lets at least be honest with ourselves about it.

I think it is safe to assume that he obviously isn't natural, but can we assume that he is on everything under the sun? Tren, GH, test, EQ, etc etc? Maybe he is just a genetic freak and is just taking 250 mg/wk test. At this point in his life he isn't growing anymore, he is living off what he built when he was young.

I highly doubt he is on a huge amount of gear because if he was he wouldn't have lived as long as he has already.

I gotta respect the discipline.

As far as “quality of life” (regardless of age and to look like that),
I suspect it is very limited so if that equals quality than so be it.

And quality of life is more than physical.

I know what it takes to look like that (not that I could) and I would
no way want that lifestyle, that discipline, just for looks, especially
at that age . . . no way Jose . . . not that many gallons left in my
tank for that, given the life I have lived.

I dont even understand this mindset. He eats, trains, and has discipline to rest and recover. Is your idea of QOL having a beer gut and on diabetes medicine so you can eat chocolate bars? You think watchin matlock is better than spending a cpl hrs in the gym?

Now...if after he ripped off his tear away workout clothes, the good looking woman in her 20's would have walked up and felt his package then whispered her phone number in his ear.....THEN I would have been really impressed.

Anf then everybody clapped

Is he though?

Bodybuilding isnt just about taking gear. You can be a bodybuilder and not be a 300lb mass monster, and im not talking about swim trunk modelling.

I dont even understand this mindset. He eats, trains, and has discipline to rest and recover. Is your idea of QOL having a beer gut and on diabetes medicine so you can eat chocolate bars? You think watchin matlock is better than spending a cpl hrs in the gym?

It might be to certain people. If someone is happy and content in life and not harming others, then they might consider that a quality life. My good friend is diabetic and never goes to the gym. He also drinks every weekend. I can tell you he is one content & happy guy. Everyone's interpretation is different of what a quality life is.

:eek:
Looks incredible!
I'd like to know how truly "healthy" he is though.

Seriously? Many Americans are DEAD by the time they reach 70+. Let's say this guy looks amazing and only lives 15 more years. That would put him in his mid-late 80's. If I could look that good, and to look that good must mean I could function fine in the gym, walk, lift etc. AND live to 80+ SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW. My mom lived to be 84 and her last 15 years were painfully grueling to watch as she was crippled with arthritis. It comes down to quality over life over quantity...

Now, these dudes checking out at 35-45 due to heart attacks or liver failure, that is a completely different story. But, THIS guy has life by the balls. Father Time has taken on all challengers and never lost, but this guy has taken father time into overtime and he is still winning (for now).

Is he though?

I think he was just pointing out that the guy obviously isn't experiencing any major health issues at 73. Without having the man's medical records I would say that's a fair assessment considering he still works out rigorously and keeps himself in very good condition. This is a lifestyle for him. He's been bodybuilding for a long time! With his genetics and life long devotion, I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to keep that condition with TRT and maybe 2iu's of GH.

Let's not keep this health discussion going, there's no point. People appreciate his accomplishments or they don't.

I cant get over how people are questioning his health...AT 73. Dude looks amazing. He obviously trains. And most likely uses drugs. GREAT. He is winning. Most 73 year olds are little old men who need help getting in an out of their car. Are they healthy? Is this guy risking his "long term" health? WTF? He is LONG TERM right now. Let's fast forward 20 years...he is now 93, still looks good. I could imagine someone on here saying, I bet that guy won't live another decade. NO SHIT SHERLOCK, nobody lives that long. This guy rocks.

I cant get over how people are questioning his health...AT 73. Dude looks amazing. He obviously trains. And most likely uses drugs. GREAT. He is winning. Most 73 year olds are little old men who need help getting in an out of their car. Are they healthy? Is this guy risking his "long term" health? WTF? He is LONG TERM right now. Let's fast forward 20 years...he is now 93, still looks good. I could imagine someone on here saying, I bet that guy won't live another decade. NO SHIT SHERLOCK, nobody lives that long. This guy rocks.

I don't think anyone questioned his personal health, also looks don't equate to health you can ask a lot of guys on this board who have suffered severe health issues about that, I don't think most 73 year olds need help getting out of their cars you could say that for anyone unhealthy regardless of age, nobody said anything about his long term health and nobody said he wouldn't live another decade.

So what exactly are you so worked up about? Is it really that hard to admit to yourself that a bodybuilder lifestyle isn't healthy?

What I am personally saying is that most human beings, actually all of them, would be healthier exercising a few days a week and taking no more than a multi vitamin rather than living a body builder lifestyle and using the shit we use, myself included.

If you have an argument to make against that you are fooling yourself and trying to justify the shit we do is for anything more than our personal ambitions, it definitely isn't for our health. Exercising is for our health and taking certain supplements may be for our health but destroying our bodies in the gym 6 days a week and using all kinds of gear and shit sure as hell isn't.

You want to marvel at how he looks, yea he looks amazing I wish I would look like that at any age let alone 73 but that is me personally because I respect the dedication it took but to most of the population he is a freaky weirdo. You want to marvel at his health....well yea compared to some 73 year old diabetic smoker in a wheel chair of course he is healthier. But he isn't healthier than the old guys at my YMCA that workout lightly regularly and don't use any gear I promise you that, none of them need help getting out of their cars either.

I think he was just pointing out that the guy obviously isn't experiencing any major health issues at 73. Without having the man's medical records I would say that's a fair assessment considering he still works out rigorously and keeps himself in very good condition. This is a lifestyle for him. He's been bodybuilding for a long time! With his genetics and life long devotion, I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to keep that condition with TRT and maybe 2iu's of GH.

Let's not keep this health discussion going, there's no point. People appreciate his accomplishments or they don't.

I don't disagree one bit and I wasn't trying to say he specifically was unhealthy, sorry I missed this post

Is he though?

But like I said earlier, I agree with this and what alfresco said also. It's always best to do nothing unhealthy at all and taking BB'ing drugs certainly isn't healthy. But compared to the 70+'ers I personally know, this guy is thriving still. That's all :)

The dude looks great. He has survived 73 trips around the sun so if he’s happy that’s all that matters. Seems kind of silly debating whether or not a man more than twice the age of most on here is healthy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131