over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Over Rated Big time.

i get sick of hearing this hypocritical anti-steroid bs.

its like somehow the guys who waited longer, and came closer to their natural limit, and may have a small chance of going pro are somehow less at risk by using these drugs. give me a f-ing break. you still use illegal drugs with potential health risks to reach YOUR PERSONAL goals. its all relative.

dont get me wrong, im glad this board and its members send out a positive, responsible message, but sometimes it comes off very condescending.

its simple. wait til your mid to late twenties, do ur research, and use moderation.

i get sick of hearing this hypocritical anti-steroid bs.

its like somehow the guys who waited longer, and came closer to their natural limit, and may have a small chance of going pro are somehow less at risk by using these drugs. give me a f-ing break. you still use illegal drugs with potential health risks to reach YOUR PERSONAL goals. its all relative.

dont get me wrong, im glad this board and its members send out a positive, responsible message, but sometimes it comes off very condescending.

its simple. wait til your mid to late twenties, do ur research, and use moderation.

i think the point was a very nice physique can be achieved naturally, then after years of training the supplements help break a plateau. of course there are some health concerns to supplement use, but why use them to achieve a level that can be obtained without them?

i started training was i was barely 15, my first supplement use was at 22. i made some nice progress but did reach a plateau. the years i was 20-22 EVERYONE accused me of taking shit, it got annoying. what they were telling me was that they were unable to believe a person could achieve that naturally, but they can. i did, and i am nothing special. i bet a lot of you reading this now remember similar events before you supplemented.

like chris said everone wants instant size, the magic pill, etc. they dont want to invest the time necessary to build a base. they join a gym, workout for a month, and take shit. they look like crap

good thread here guys and i totally agree. i just finished my first cycle and it was awesome. 300mg/week of cyp and a solid diet/training=amazing fuckin results!! im only 21 so even i am probably too young but i did research for a year before i cycled. i had my reasons for doing it as well. had a nagging injury for almost 2 years. but it worked. neck doesnt bother me anymore and i am back in about the best shape of my life!

Where would the sport be without drugs period? Really, is it even a "sport" when the only way to compete is to use drugs? Maybe they should use drug tests at every event and at every level. I don't know, just a thought.

I really believe that gear is not for everyone. Especially those who are not disciplined with their diet and training.

Personally, i have always advocated beginners not even mess with the stuff until they pay their dues in the gym and then follow a diet that works and get into a position that they need something to get them to the next level

I find that most beginners who are not on a solid diet and training plan make very little gains on cycles.. Also, people with high bodyfat wont see the results that others claim because many of the benefits of being "on" are hidden by the bodyfat.

People should think long term.. the progression should be...master your diet and training, pay your dues by training hard .....for a long time.. then consider the next level...

I think there's been a little loss of focus on this thread, so I thought I should repost your initial post in a slightly abbreviated form.

Anyway, I've got a question 4 you & anyone else who's got a solid answer:

I've read a bro on another forum giving advice to a beginner & it was the same advice you gave. He also said that gear use by intermediate & advanced athletes was meant as an aid to break through plateaus & that if a beginner used AAS from the beginning, then even if the newbie studied & applied proper training & diet techniques, that the beginner would NOT ever be able to reach his full potential because using gear from the beginning of his training would rob him of attaining the natural foundation that BBers who start gear later on have already attained naturally.

I've never read anything scientific to support the bros advice to the beginner, but I've often wondered if there was any real sound science behind his claim or whether he just didn't like like the the idea of some newbie blasting through what took the rest of us so much time & effort to attain naturally?...

I see that having developed a strong workout plan & diet strategy is at least equal to gear in terms of getting results, but I'm not sure how a beginner could actually be limiting his long-term gains by using AAS right from the beginning of his training regimen? Assuming that the beginner got his training & diet in order early on, I would've thought that everyone's full potential would be limited by genetics, not by when they start juicing...

If anyone here knows of any published scientific data showing whether the timing of when an athlete starts AAS has any real effect on their ability to reach their full genetic potential, I'd love to read it.

It would be nice to have a properly supported answer for occassions when a newbie asks about the topic. Some of these kids at the gym are pretty good at researching stuff & I'd hate to pass on some unfounded bro-lore in an attempt to steer one away from the "dark side".

Last edited:
I think there's been a little loss of focus on this thread, so I thought I should repost your initial post in a slightly abbreviated form.

Anyway, I've got a question 4 you & anyone else who's got a solid answer:

I've read a bro on another forum giving advice to a beginner & it was the same advice you gave. He also said that gear use by intermediate & advanced athletes was meant as an aid to break through plateaus & that if a beginner used AAS from the beginning, then even if the newbie studied & applied proper training & diet techniques, that the beginner would NOT ever be able to reach his full potential because using gear from the beginning of his training would rob him of attaining the natural foundation that BBers who start gear later on have already attained naturally.

I've never read anything scientific to support the bros advice to the beginner, but I've often wondered if there was any real sound science behind his claim or whether he just didn't like like the the idea of some newbie blasting through what took the rest of us so much time & effort to attain naturally?...

I see that having developed a strong workout plan & diet strategy is at least equal to gear in terms of getting results, but I'm not sure how a beginner could actually be limiting his long-term gains by using AAS right from the beginning of his training regimen? Assuming that the beginner got his training & diet in order early on, I would've thought that everyone's full potential would be limited by genetics, not by when they start juicing...

If anyone here knows of any published scientific data showing whether the timing of when an athlete starts AAS has any real effect on their ability to reach their full genetic potential, I'd love to read it.

It would be nice to have a properly supported answer for occassions when a newbie asks about the topic. Some of these kids at the gym are pretty good at researching stuff & I'd hate to pass on some unfounded bro-lore in an attempt to steer one away from the "dark side".

First, I appreciate the way you wrote your post. Let me say that I speak only from first hand experience both academically and training for many years in weightlifting. So my opinion comes from that background. Hopefully Alex will find the time to put a detailed answer also as I know his bodybuilding experience is first hand.

1) There isn't any valid "medical" research showing the best time to start aas as it relates to training history from western academics. It's just too difficult to do and to get funding/approval for. There are years of "methods" developed in this and numerous Russian, Bulgarian, and German studies and books on it as it relates to weightlifting. I'll add some authors at the end.

2) I know life long lifters that started out taking D-bol or T-bol within the first 4-6 weeks of beginning training for the first time. For some people, the training/aas just go together and they figure out/are taught how to train and cycle at the same time.

3) From a physiology standpoint, I'm positive that starting out taking aas and training at a very similiar time, if you have a REAL coach from the start, will allow you to advance farther in your training than any other method. BUT, this situation is rare for the average joe and usually only occurs when talent is identified at a very early age and teens are started on a strict training program. And I'm not talking about full blown "cycles" from the start, but small dosage and training time specific anabolic support.

4) Now for the reality of what happens. The reason why it takes years to figure out training is b/c of the multi-factors. Without a real coach, it takes a long time to understand what you did right to cause growth/strength or vice/versa. If you start out taking aas, you have a hard time distinguishing what is the result of technique, diet, volume and recovery, and aas. Same problem when you start out by taking more than just one aas at the same time. You have a hard time knowing which aas is doing what for you. This is why guys that have figured out most of this stuff, like Alex, recommend getting the training and diet squared away first.

So IMO, it isn't that starting the gear at the beginning is physiologically going to hinder your full advancement if you didn't advance first without it. It's more of not knowing the "cause and effect" relationships.

5) My final thought, and I swear I preach this up and down to everyone I meet and I write this for anyone just starting out that may be reading this post, is that I am a 100% believer in Bill Starr/Mark Rippetoe philosophy for ALL beginning lifters that are not being coached by a real professional coach. If you can't hire a real coach, not an internet trainer, then I believe in buying Mark's book "Starting Strength 2nd Edition" and "Practical Programming" or at the very least going to the wiki website and learning how to begin training. I'm a firm believer in following his program for a couple of years, and don't make ANY adjustments. Don't substitue rows for cleans, ect. . . . Then after a couple of years, decide about branching out into bodybuilding, powerlifting, or olympic. This is what I preach to anyone that is serious about lifting and doesn't start off with a real coach. You will be bigger and stonger by doing this for your first two years vs starting a bodybuilding program from the start. It's all about the core foundational strength.

Of course this isn't the only way, but it's the tried and true way of gaining the proper foundation for any form of lifting. I was fortunate enough at 14 years old to be coached this way from the start.

If interested, look into the following authors: Vladimir Zatsiorsky, YV Verkhoshansky, Rick Brunner/Ben Tabachnik, Nikolai Petrovich Lamputin. These guys are top notch in research/studies/training/recovery methods and such. Probably the closest you will find regarding scientific research and real life training results. These guys laid the foundations years ago for training.

I agree with the poster, "When is enough time." (Everybody's veiw is different)

When you start to compete?

When you make it to the national level?

When you turn pro? (Kai Greene)

I won't name names on the first two, peolpe here might take offense. But each person thinks they can judge others, if they made it further along without help. Now that's funny.

Plain and simple diet is key, with or without AAS....

I agree AAS are over rated.I started before I should have.I also started late.
I started low dose. Didn't get the results I wanted then bumped my dose.Thinking that was the min. I needed.Even though I was strict with my diet my diet was flawed.
Through the advise and help of members on this board I've learned a lot about diet and training.Now I'm constantly lowering my doses yet I'm still progressing at a great rate.I've got a long way to go but I'm getting there step by step.Couldn't ask for more than that.:)

I workded out for 7 years hard, before ever touch juice. I hit a point when I realized my body didn't want to hold much more weight.

REALLY GREAT ADVICE ALEX!

I surely was looking to stir up a good debate here when i posted this and surely wasn't attacking anyone at all..

I agree with a lot of people here and respect people for their decisions.. I often work with people who make choices that are against my own advise..

but what am i going to do? I try to teach by example, i try to give them my best advise...... but ultimately we are all adults here and can make our own choices.

but the bottom line is this...

You can have a great physique with good diet, discipline and training hard ..... minus the gear.

But you cant have a good physique with Gear only :(

Last edited:
I surely was looking to stir up a good debate here when i posted this.. but the bottom line is this...

You can have a great physique with good diet, discipline and training minus the gear.

But you cant have a good physique with Gear only :(

Bro..there's nothing to debate about it! I really can't see anyone presenting a good augrment on the other side.
Good post Alex.

I def. agree, but i think the big reason is that people are uneducated on what exactly steroids do. Most people i come in contact with think steroids will turn them into the hulk instantly in one cycle, but it doesnt quite work like that lol

I def. agree, but i think the big reason is that people are uneducated on what exactly steroids do. Most people i come in contact with think steroids will turn them into the hulk instantly in one cycle, but it doesnt quite work like that lol

I agree here... I think the stuff is really over rated.. Like i said... no hating at all..

But you would be just amazed how many guys are on stuff at your local gym and you would never even know. I was recently talking to this guy at my gym who told me he hasnt been off in 2 years...

I was amazed... i thought he was natural.

Im pretty darn sure that many people are dissapointed.

Last edited:
I agree here... I think the stuff is really over rated.. Like i said... no hating at all..

But you would be just amazed how many guys are on stuff at your local gym and you would never even know. I was recently talking to this guy at my gym who told me he hasnt been off in 2 years...

I was amazed... i thought he was natural.

Im pretty darn sure that many people are dissapointed.

haha... i too know a guy who has been on for over a year and still doesnt even look like he works out! he trains really hard and im not sure about his diet. it is kinda sad because he is going to keep taking more and more and never really get recognized by people in a gym as "jacked", much less be top 5 in a local show.

i never knew him before he started, but i wish i could have seen how far he has come. but , its not like you could ever tell him to check his self before he wrecks.

Last edited:
haha... i too know a guy who has been on for over a year and still doesnt even look like he works out! he trains really hard and im not sure about his diet. it is kinda sad because he is going to keep taking more and more and never really get recognized by people in a gym as "jacked", much less be top 5 in a local show.

i never knew him before he started, but i wish i could have seen how far he has come. but , its not like you could ever tell him to check his self before he wrecks.[/QUOT
That maybe underground gear he's taking.I've met a few guys take it and get some results.It's all they've taken so they don't know any better.Then they take real stuff and get real results.Most (not all) UG gear and powders are bunk.

There's a guy at my gym, my wife started to call him "The incredible shrinking man", because he got smaller really fast. I NEVER thought he was "on". Come to find out later he came up to one of my friends asking for a "hook-up". It's really is unbeleivable how many people are "on", that you think have never touched anything.

I try not to be anybody's keeper, but I do understand your point Alex. It is sad.

i never knew him before he started, but i wish i could have seen how far he has come. but , its not like you could ever tell him to check his self before he wrecks.[/QUOT
That maybe underground gear he's taking.I've met a few guys take it and get some results.It's all they've taken so they don't know any better.Then they take real stuff and get real results.Most (not all) UG gear and powders are bunk.

Really?

Perhaps I misses the precursor for this this thread. What makes you guys think that people use gear right from the get go? I started using it well 7 - 8 years after I began; and I had no clue about the stuff. I researched forums like this one, asked questions about it, only to be dissed and ridiculed. I began training in Jiu Jitsu several years ago, definatley lost some size, but continue to use for retention.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear