over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Overhead Pressing Do you do them?

True! ALL exercises have their risks if not done correctly. If you can't do it correctly then don't do it!

Key point: this is a strongman movement, NOT a bodybuilding movement.

In almost every single strongman event the back is in a compromised position. Doing technique work with lifts like this help to strengthen those weaker areas. That's why crazy lifts like this and zercher lifts are so effective. They provide a means for working the back in a compromised position without the "random" shear force in a strongman event during competition.

So instead of starting a new post i'm curious if you guys wrap the bar with a towel for zercher squats? cause anything past 275 the crook of my elbow hurts horribly unless I wrap it up. Or am I just being a bitch haha

Stop being a biatch ;)

Also, getting a fatbar will help. It'll more likely resemble a yoke walk or a conans wheel anyway.

Here is a buddy of mine....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBaYZc8yqo]Nick Best 590 lb zercher squats for 4 reps. - YouTube[/ame]

haha thanks for that yah ill try to suck it up but shit man that kills that little area it rest in, but some pain isnt going to kill me

Stop being a biatch ;)

Also, getting a fatbar will help. It'll more likely resemble a yoke walk or a conans wheel anyway.

Here is a buddy of mine....

Nick Best 590 lb zercher squats for 4 reps. - YouTube

lol so after you showed me that video yesterday... not even looking for it but this video showed up as a recommended video haha [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAkqiDF4wCY"]The Strongest Family in the World | My Crazy Obsession - YouTube[/ame]

Those are couple really cool videos. I try to work on overhead press bc it's important for me and I feel like my shoulders are physically weak.

Any particular benefits of the Zercher squat over others or just a nice way to mix it up? I might try to do this in place of my normal front squat.

That family had a cool gym in that video. It'd be nice to have some sort of a home gym like that with family training sessions.

zerchers are an awesome overall strength movement. Think of it like a front squat/deadlift at the same time. They tear up abdominals and add a lot of density.

if you normally squat and deadlift on different days then don't do this movement and expect to do well at either of the other two.

Also, yeah, Nick best is an awesome guy. I love to compete at his shows. Also his wife (Callie) is breeding stock for sure!

Alright, i'm definitely trying the zercher squat!

I've done deadlifts and then RDLs on the same day but can't recall doing squats and deadlifts much on the same day. I guess I'll try the zercher squat solo.

zerchers are an awesome overall strength movement. Think of it like a front squat/deadlift at the same time. They tear up abdominals and add a lot of density.

if you normally squat and deadlift on different days then don't do this movement and expect to do well at either of the other two.

Also, yeah, Nick best is an awesome guy. I love to compete at his shows. Also his wife (Callie) is breeding stock for sure!

yah, he has a awesome family... she is fine haha. And it makes my biceps pump up even when I do zerchers... I just feel them every where

Landmine Presses

Tried them last night on a whim.

wow.

Have not been this sore in a while.

Simple to do....kneel in front a landmine unit or chest supported T bar row....load some plates and do uni laterally. Push from hands on shoulder to extension.

If you are in a rut with shoulder training...give them a try.

been doing over head shoulder presses seated in a smith machine and it has really improved my front delts and overall size. I think i'll try the z presses. no momentum to cheat reps sounds great.

I overhead pressed a keg at work today that was pretty hard getting it to my chest cause of its odd shape haha. And then having it slush around wasn't fun. God I just love all strength sports or just power. I was telling my girl how much I just love picking things up haha

It depends. Are you talking about military press? If so I find them to be overrated. Your ant delts get a hella workout on chest day.

I do them with full ROM standing "rippetoe" style or the way he teaches.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbswrStK8cs"]Mark Rippetoe: Press Instruction 1 - YouTube[/ame]

hmmm does he just have them bring it all the down to chest press up and little behind then hold? That's all I see

I do not have the shoulder flexibility to lock out an overhead press unless my grip is super wide.

Then mobilize your shoulder :). If you don't, it will only lead to injury later.

Mark Rippetoe: Press Instruction 1 - YouTube

hmmm does he just have them bring it all the down to chest press up and little behind then hold? That's all I see

Starting Strength: Video

Check out this video from his site. You might need to register to see it, not sure. If they ask spam blocker questions in order to register then you can google the answers.

Now I think his new addition tweaked it to a narrower grip to include more muscle mass. He doesn't say you have to go all the way to down to the chest depending on your anthropometry, just no cheating, do the full movement.

He changed what his recommends since then I think. He is more about training novices and since there is so much mis information he tried to keep things the same so people to mix info etc in till they are advanced and then they know what works for them. I guess he doesn't want novices who can't dead lift 225 obsessing over dead lift stance and wether sumo is better etc. He teaches what is the best to get you the strongest, not necessarily what is the most strategic for power lifting, but what works the best for overall strength for sports and health etc. Then later once people are actually strong they can do whatever they want.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131