over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Owning a business and finding time to train

redman258

Newbies
Wonder if any one out there owns a business or has a job that requires a large amount of hours of work each week. I use to be in the gym all the time. Now as a business owner and having a family, it's very hard to find time to train. Does anyone else have this dilemma. Would love to hear how you guys do it. Dropped from in shape 215 to an out of shape 195.

Wonder if any one out there owns a business or has a job that requires a large amount of hours of work each week. I use to be in the gym all the time. Now as a business owner and having a family, it's very hard to find time to train. Does anyone else have this dilemma. Would love to hear how you guys do it. Dropped from in shape 215 to an out of shape 195.

I work from 6am-5pm during the week. I get up early and go before work, Take days of during the week from training and go early on the weekends to train. Sometimes i get run down but there are only so many hrs in the day. Can you take a long lunch and train at lunch?

Unfortunately I'm required to be at the office all day. I eat lunch at work. The only answer is either early morning or later at night. In the morning my workouts aren't as good. At night it takes away my time with my family. So I'll probably do mornings even though I hate it.

Unfortunately I'm required to be at the office all day. I eat lunch at work. The only answer is either early morning or later at night. In the morning my workouts aren't as good. At night it takes away my time with my family. So I'll probably do mornings even though I hate it.

It's not that bad in the morning. If you hit it hard you should be able to get your workout done in 45-60 minutes

Although I'm not a business owner I work with computers for a large university and the hours can be long and unexpected (network outages upgrades etc) so I have to be prepared.

Basically evening workouts are unreliable for me. My overtime is sudden and unexpected. My kids have practice. My wife works and is in a bowling league Thursday nights. Yada yada something inevitably comes up and I end up missing workouts.

I get up early at 5am and I start to prepare my meals for the day and get my kids breakfast prepared. My meals are easy. My first and last meals are eggs. So at night I cook up 12 eggs and split 1/2 for the morning. In the morning I just microwave my eggs with some oats. Its not pretty and tastes like crap but its 5am. The rest of my meals usually involve chicken and rice or potatoes. Rice in a cooker takes 20 minutes and I usually prep that in the morning. I cook up all my meats and potatoes on Sundays and usually Wednesday night. I store 8 oz of cooked meat in a plastic baggy that I keep in the fridge so all I need to do is take out a plastic baggy of meat and dump in my rice or my potatoes. Cover the plastic tuppaware container with frozen veggies. By 6am I have the kids sitting at the table eating (my wife takes over from here) and I leave for the gym from 6am to 7am with my gym bag that has all my gear and a towel/shoes for the shower.

Last edited:
Honestly I've been doing this since 2004 and I wouldn't have it any other way. Its always a struggle to get up at 5am. Every morning I make excuses and start rationalizing why I should sleep in. But once I'm at the gym with 4 plates on my back ready to step out of the squat rack I'm alert and ready to go. Now I find if I sleep in and manage to find time to workout I've given so many "units" of my energy to my work and I don't have the best workouts. Where as in the mornings I'm fresh 100 % of my energy can be focused on my workouts. Plus when my gym opens up at 530am-700am I'm often the only guy working out. I have the entire gym to myself so I can take 2-3 pieces of equipment if I want to giant set stuff etc.

Thanks for the replies. Since the kids are heading back to school, I'll be giving mornings a shot. My business is directly connected to the bodybuilding/fitness industry. I need to get myself back in shape..

As I mentioned its hard. But with my schedule and family life its the ONLY way to make it a priority in my my life. The evenings I have no energy and inevitably some - thing comes up that takes my time away from the gym.

From 5am - 7am I have no one pulling at me for my attention lol.

I went through 4 years of medical school and 5 years of residency/fellowship to become a doctor.

Many weeks working 100+ hours.

I trained regularly throughout the entire process.

I would go to the gym around 9:00pm and be home by 10:30pm to eat, shower, and go to sleep.

If I can do it, you can do it.

If you have space a home gym is your friend.

Get a power rack a bench an Olympic barbell set some kettle bells and some bands and you can create virtually every movement in a commercial gym.

I work an awkward shift pattern and can't get to the gym as much as I like so I put together a decent home gym in a single car garage and now no problems.

It takes 30 mins each way to get to the gym. That hour is my total training time at home. It is well worth the consideration.

Last edited:

I think over time you will adjust to this. I used to hate training early but love it now. My early isn't as early as yours as I work 4 on 4 off so get most my training in on off days. When I train on nights I get about 4 hours sleep yet I'm always my strongest. I'm always stronger when I'm tired for some strange reason. On the very rare occasion in ill in always strong as fuck too fucking bizarre. I'm almost scared to train when im feeling good lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity