over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oxygen Mask in the Gym

Registered
I saw a guy wearing some type of oxygen mask at the gym today. It looks like scuba gear. I looked online and found it to be an elevation training mask. We do not live in the mountains. WTF.

Attachments

• Mask.jpg
    Mask.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,380
I think not living in the mountains is the reason he was wearing it...aren't those masks meant to SIMULATE breathing at higher altitudes?

Oxygen deprivation training increases RBC, it's a form of "natural" doping.

Here is the problem with it: you can't train as hard.

You want to LIVE with low oxygen (high altitude) but TRAIN with normal oxygen (sea level). This is by far the most effective method. This is why athletes use low oxygen houses to simulate this.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Oregon_Project"]Nike Oregon Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The reality is, this is pure doping, and could potentially cause an athlete to fail a doping test (because they use RBC profiles).

retarded , save 80.00$ go to costco, buy a pack of straws and just breath through a straw while you workout. plus if you were using gear that caused your rbc to elevate wouldnt that mask make it worse ?

retarded , save 80.00$ go to costco, buy a pack of straws and just breath through a straw while you workout. plus if you were using gear that caused your rbc to elevate wouldnt that mask make it worse ?

Believe it or not, not everyone uses gear lol. It's probably just a regular guy that's going to go run a 5k or some mud run and is trying to get an edge.

I saw a guy wearing some type of oxygen mask at the gym today. It looks like scuba gear. I looked online and found it to be an elevation training mask. We do not live in the mountains. WTF.

Must be the latest trend. Between that and the beats headphones.

i see both at my gym and I do not know which is more ridiculous. :D

Apparently none of you guys actually know the purpose of it. Or its true benefits. The guy that trains hard with that mask on for months on end... then takes it off the same workout is like a breeze.

Think of the baseball player hitter warming up swinging 3 bats or a weighted bat... so when he goes to the plate and swings a normal bat, it feels that much easier on the body.

Goofy looking? Sure. Trend? No. Advancement in science and anatomy.

See a lot of MMA fighters training with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah i just wear my CPAP machine to the gym. works great

If there was no benefit to this type of training the Olympic team wouldn't train in Colorado Springs in the high elevation.

I see them all the time. It's ironic because the guys that wear them at my gym are very fat. One of them has the Bane sleeve for the mask.

been seeing these more and more lately, kinda weird if u ask me but if they want to use it more power to them

If there was no benefit to this type of training the Olympic team wouldn't train in Colorado Springs in the high elevation.

The main benefit of training at altitude isn't the training at altitude, it's the LIVING at altitude. The ideal situation would be to live at altitude, then train at sea level.

All the olympic athletes know this, but it isn't realistic so they do the next best thing, live at altitude AND train at altitude.

Pussies. Wear a gas mask with canister.

Or just take EPO (which I do NOT recommend btw), the whole purpose of hypoxia training is to simulate the production of EPO.

When traveling to Colorado you can definitely tell the difference in O2 density. Try climbing one of their mountains and you will look like a pussy. All because of the low O2. This mask's purpose is to mimic low O2 as others above have posted. Training in low O2 sends signals for the body to produce more O2 carrying capabilities. Then when the athlete returns to normal sea level the person can process greater O2 and therefor perform better. I do think the mask is gimmicky as a person should spend 24/7 in low O2 to actually trigger the body to respond. And really. Who the hell wants to wear a mask to the gym. Could you really imagine working out in front of a hot chick or running into an old friend with that thing on. Good grief.

The main benefit of training at altitude isn't the training at altitude, it's the LIVING at altitude. The ideal situation would be to live at altitude, then train at sea level.

All the olympic athletes know this, but it isn't realistic so they do the next best thing, live at altitude AND train at altitude.

exactly !

I see them all the time. It's ironic because the guys that wear them at my gym are very fat. One of them has the Bane sleeve for the mask.

maybe that is why they are at the gym, not everybody walks in there tip top shape brother

at my gym there are a few fire fighters that dress up and workout ... i personally think its to get chicks but whatever.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws