over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oxygen sprays for Bodybuilding

I wondered if higher 0xygen levels would reduce lactic acid buildup in the muscles. I asked by Bio professor this about 20 yrs ago and he told me no. I really never believed him.

I am not an expert nor am i a doctor, but i think you would benefit more from blood doping than using something like this.

Yeah, blood doping you would get benefits from. If youre on steroids though. most people wont need blood doping because their hematocrit is already raised abnormally high.

Oxygen is carried in the blood in the blood by two mechanisms. Being bound to hemoglobin(the vast majority of oxygen is carried this way), and dissolved in plasma. A healthy adult such as most of us would be, probably has an oxygen saturation(% of hemoglobin carrying O2), of 98-100%. You MAY see a small drop of a percent or two immeadiatley after say a set of squats or deads but it will quickly come back up.
Using suplemental oxygen of any form would raise your PaO2, the O2 dissolved in plasma, but that would not affect your already saturated hemoglobin, thus not netting any result for you.
And that stupid can probably wouldn't even bump your PaO2.

Now blood doping as just mentioned would have some benefit on endurance and performance. Think of the hemoglobin as train cars, carrying around your O2 to your organs and tissues. IF the cars are already full, how do you deliver more O2? Add more cars to the train. You do this in sick people with low hematocrit by blood transfusion, and BBers do it by taking AAS that cause erythropoiesis. I had a MUCH greater stamina when on EQ as compared to off for example. I could do hard cardio for an hour and feel great and want to keep going.

a healthy athlete breathing supplemental oxygen is probably experiencing the placebo effect. the body returns to homeostasis rapidly and the very temporary increase in PA02 and oxygen saturation most likely subsides before he even returns to the next play. in fact a healthy athlete generally has a higher 02 saturation after a burst of physical activity due to hyperventilation having no real physiological need for supplemental oxygen.
exactly. And on ambulatory patients they put on the mask of pure O2 because they maybe having an event in which saturation levels are abnormally low.

CO2 build up in blood is what controls breathing. Higher activity results in more CO2 build up casuing shorter and faster breathing. The amount of O2 being inhaled at 21% will not saturate with this style of breathing at the same rate as 100%.

NFL teams/trainers don't have their guys breathing O2 for placebo effect.

Again, I don't have a clue about the spray, but I've personally experienced the mask and breathing different O2 levels with physical exertion and it does make a difference vs atmosphere O2 on recovery.

But in the end, it doesn't matter b/c nobody is going to carry O2 during training, as that would be ridiculous compared to professional sports such as football.

But in the end, it doesn't matter b/c nobody is going to carry O2 during training, as that would be ridiculous compared to professional sports such as football.
The linemen with high BMI dont recover as quickly- true. But in the lab we have tested extensively breathing pure O2 compared to air- and in a healthy adult subjects there is a negligable difference in recovery. And in well trained athletes who recover as they should it does nothing. I train NFL preseason during summer and at combines for 8 weeks a year and I tell you- and you may do your own research- that breathing O2 in a healthy adult has zero effect on maximum saturation rates. So in essence- there is a placebo effect when you see an athlete who is well conditioned breathing out of a tank. I am stating facts based on science. If they are breathing out of a tank they need to be checked for cardiovascular abnormalities.

i used it in my last PL comp and used it when i climbed fuji. I also used it after doing sprints. I seem to fair better when using it. Here in Japan a lot of folks do it....you see it on TV often too.

i could see if you directly inhale in through your mouth but jus spraying it in your face cant be getting to much of that o2

albuterol inhaler will do nothing to increase oxygenation in a healthy person. if your airways are constricted as in asthma it will open them up and relieve wheezing. albuterol tabs have been used for fat burning working similar to clenbuterol.

breathing problems from tren seem to cause constriction have you noticed this?

The linemen with high BMI dont recover as quickly- true. But in the lab we have tested extensively breathing pure O2 compared to air- and in a healthy adult subjects there is a negligable difference in recovery. And in well trained athletes who recover as they should it does nothing. I train NFL preseason during summer and at combines for 8 weeks a year and I tell you- and you may do your own research- that breathing O2 in a healthy adult has zero effect on maximum saturation rates. So in essence- there is a placebo effect when you see an athlete who is well conditioned breathing out of a tank. I am stating facts based on science. If they are breathing out of a tank they need to be checked for cardiovascular abnormalities.

What? I'm confused. Does high BMI mean unhealthy? Does high BMI mean cardiovascular pathology? Are those football linemen being allowed to play with known cardiovascular abnormalities. How about all the kick off returners that run straight for the O2 mask after a long run? I'm guessing most bodybuilders have a high BMI? I'm guessing most powerlifters have a high BMI?

I'm pretty sure that if I put my stats into a BMI calculator it would say I have a high BMI but I'm positive that I'm healthy and my cardiovascular system is well within normal limits. That was/is the whole point of the thread, right? Would O2 help us recover faster. The delivery method (spray) being the main issue.

Your study showed a negligable difference or zero effect on healthy adults? Please post a link or direct me to the journal your study was published. I am very interested in reading it. I would like to know the paramaters for "healthy adults" that you used. I would like to know the limits you placed on high BMI subjects to define them as unhealthy. I would like to know how demanding was the cardiovascular activity they performed for your tests.

I have multiple graduate degrees in biochemistry and medicine and surgical training. I am a scientist, and I'm also a practicing surgeon. I don't know you and I'm really not trying to be an ass but you are combining several different topics and statements that in and of themselves may be true, but you are presenting them as if they are one and the same. It has me confused. Maybe the study you did with extensive testing will help fill in all the gaps for me. It will help me understand better the facts you are stating based on science.

What? I'm confused. Does high BMI mean unhealthy? Does high BMI mean cardiovascular pathology? Are those football linemen being allowed to play with known cardiovascular abnormalities. How about all the kick off returners that run straight for the O2 mask after a long run? I'm guessing most bodybuilders have a high BMI? I'm guessing most powerlifters have a high BMI?

I'm pretty sure that if I put my stats into a BMI calculator it would say I have a high BMI but I'm positive that I'm healthy and my cardiovascular system is well within normal limits. That was/is the whole point of the thread, right? Would O2 help us recover faster. The delivery method (spray) being the main issue.

Your study showed a negligable difference or zero effect on healthy adults? Please post a link or direct me to the journal your study was published. I am very interested in reading it. I would like to know the paramaters for "healthy adults" that you used. I would like to know the limits you placed on high BMI subjects to define them as unhealthy. I would like to know how demanding was the cardiovascular activity they performed for your tests.

I have multiple graduate degrees in biochemistry and medicine and surgical training. I am a scientist, and I'm also a practicing surgeon. I don't know you and I'm really not trying to be an ass but you are combining several different topics and statements that in and of themselves may be true, but you are presenting them as if they are one and the same. It has me confused. Maybe the study you did with extensive testing will help fill in all the gaps for me. It will help me understand better the facts you are stating based on science.

Here is mention of just one of the many studies that have been done on this topic. Pure oxygen no help to athletes: study - Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

I believe that they still make it available on the NFL benches because of the placebo affect it gives the athletes. As of late though I dont recall seeing it as much as in the past. In fact I cannot recall seeing it on the benches at all when watching TV, and I used to see it.

Yes.

Of course there are tons of studies on O2 given to atheletes, the results of which similar to the preview of the study you posted (can't read the study as it's a subscription). I could post about 20 of them likely the same as the one you posted. There are also plenty showing the opposite to be true also.

But that is NOT what this thread was about, and doesn't address the contradictions in his post or his research/study.

He said lineman with high BMI don't recover as quickly, true. I definitely would agree with this. This was my entire point in previous posts and in a nutshell is what this thread was about. Bodybuilders, powerlifter, and people in general on this website "Professional Muscle" (guys/girls with high BMI) would benefit from 100% O2. The quick/shallow breathing doesn't provide the same rate for us at 21% as it does at 100% after a set of heavy squats to failure.

He then said "But in the lab we have tested extensively breathing pure O2 compared to air- and in a healthy adult subjects there is a negligable difference in recovery." There is a contradiction there b/c a high BMI doesn't mean an unhealthy person. I want to see his research and what these parameters were to define a healthy person. And we are now talking about a completely different population being studied.

All the other statements whether true or not, are not related to the topic of bodybuilders use of 100% O2. We can all write/copy anything we want that may be true, but it doesn't have any bearing on us as a population, unless the subjects are within the same parameters as us.

If the research he did shows otherwise, then me and about 10,000 other people would be seriously very interested in review. But we can't take conclusions from a study and apply them to a different population UNLESS the parameters are the same.

This really is a boring subject and ridiculous as well, as I and others stated earlier since we aren't going to carry around O2 and there are more efficient ways (although not necessarily healthier) to deal with O2 recovery.

Of course there are tons of studies on O2 given to atheletes, the results of which similar to the preview of the study you posted (can't read the study as it's a subscription). I could post about 20 of them likely the same as the one you posted. There are also plenty showing the opposite to be true also.

But that is NOT what this thread was about, and doesn't address the contradictions in his post or his research/study.

He said lineman with high BMI don't recover as quickly, true. I definitely would agree with this. This was my entire point in previous posts and in a nutshell is what this thread was about. Bodybuilders, powerlifter, and people in general on this website "Professional Muscle" (guys/girls with high BMI) would benefit from 100% O2. The quick/shallow breathing doesn't provide the same rate for us at 21% as it does at 100% after a set of heavy squats to failure.

He then said "But in the lab we have tested extensively breathing pure O2 compared to air- and in a healthy adult subjects there is a negligable difference in recovery." There is a contradiction there b/c a high BMI doesn't mean an unhealthy person. I want to see his research and what these parameters were to define a healthy person. And we are now talking about a completely different population being studied.

All the other statements whether true or not, are not related to the topic of bodybuilders use of 100% O2. We can all write/copy anything we want that may be true, but it doesn't have any bearing on us as a population, unless the subjects are within the same parameters as us.

If the research he did shows otherwise, then me and about 10,000 other people would be seriously very interested in review. But we can't take conclusions from a study and apply them to a different population UNLESS the parameters are the same.

This really is a boring subject and ridiculous as well, as I and others stated earlier since we aren't going to carry around O2 and there are more efficient ways (although not necessarily healthier) to deal with O2 recovery.

True, someone that carries a lot of mass is going to have higher demands for O2. Yeah, the whole debate really is just academic,lol. It is a bit silly. I do think that the hemoglobin only gaining another 3% is negligable and that extra o2 wouldnt be a factor at all really. Now it is in the saturation of the plasma, like you mentioned, that I did see some articles with the opinion that short term anaerobic work might see an increase in performance since the individual is able to recoup a bit faster. I did not however see any true double blind studies done on that, and so you cant rule out the placebo affect.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131