over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oxytocin for PTSD

The whole system sounds terrible. It sounds like things might be getting better now though?

I am not a veteran nor do I know well anyone that uses the system. I was wondering, is there any reason to use the VA system other than you do not have health insurance otherwise? I would think that if you have insurance from an employer that you would just use that instead. Does the VA act as a secondary insurance or is it pretty much out of the picture then because the coverage and service is poor compared to employer based insurance?

A lot of conditions you may get while in service are usually not covered because it's a pre existing condition. So for instance I am retired Army and have Tri care which is average insurance but thy still want me to go to the VA for my migraines, TB, PTSD and any shoulder issues I have from getting wounded. If you just do your normal 4-6 years when you get out you are not eligible for Tri care and have to rely on the VA for any service connected injuries. There's a lot of red tape and it's very political. If you are not willing to play their game you won't get the care you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear people complaining about the va all the time, but I've received care from them in 4 different states and have only had great experiences each time... It's crazy how much it varies..

The whole system sounds terrible. It sounds like things might be getting better now though?

I am not a veteran nor do I know well anyone that uses the system. I was wondering, is there any reason to use the VA system other than you do not have health insurance otherwise? I would think that if you have insurance from an employer that you would just use that instead. Does the VA act as a secondary insurance or is it pretty much out of the picture then because the coverage and service is poor compared to employer based insurance?

They have to use it if they want there service connection disability $$$$$$ and or benefits for there service connection problem (Wheelchairs, Shoes, Hearing aids, prescription drugs, eye glasses, etc...) Yes there are a few folks that have no benefits and use the system, but for the most part its used for service connection problems that are treated for free. Remember what LINCOLN said:"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan" I appreciate all military members for there service. The US GOVERNMENT owes them much more then they get! Unfortunately there are a bunch of assholes in charge.

Freedom, have you considered TRT? Cycling on and off causes havoc to our mental and physical health....my life improved SO much when I made the choice to go onto TRT after a cycle...no more yo yo up and off with the resulting mental depression and physical gain losses....

Cycling really got to me after awhile (I did 4 cycles before I decided TRT). I would make phenomenal progress and then crash and burn as the hormones left my body....I always struggled to keep going strong in the gym, my will power just diminished as the steroids left my body. I had no control over it, despite telling myself over and over that "this time I will push hard through PCT and keep gains".

I went on TRT for years and stabilized myself and actually made gains at a fraction of the dosage that I used to cycle with....whatever gains I made, I kept, because I never came off and tried to restart my HPTA.

ymmv, its a commitment, but cycling without a TRT base was a nightmare for me man....
Yea, I've actually been on trt for about a year now. I blast between 6 and 12 weeks, followed by at least 16 weeks cruises. My wife thinks my attitude is better on more hormones. I'll take that with a grain of salt, but regardless of drugs the PTSD and hot temper is always there. The only things I tend to stay away from is Dbol and tren at high doses. Nothing else bothers me as I get no emotional sides. I never use AIs as my blood tests are always within range.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

A lot of conditions you may get while in service are usually not covered because it's a pre existing condition. So for instance I am retired Army and have Tri care which is average insurance but thy still want me to go to the VA for my migraines, TB, PTSD and any shoulder issues I have from getting wounded. If you just do your normal 4-6 years when you get out you are not eligible for Tri care and have to rely on the VA for any service connected injuries. There's a lot of red tape and it's very political. If you are not willing to play their game you won't get the care you need.

Yea, I get decent care thru the VA but I was one of the smart ones who kept every paper and every document I ever received for injuries. I still had to jump through hoops to get what I needed. I use alot of the programs they offer.

Prazosin can help with PTSD.

I took that for nightmares for a while. And the VA neurologist put me in Verapamil for my migraines... both medicines dual as BP mess so I was pissing one night and passed out and hit my head on the wall and floor. If my wife wasn't in the bedroom who knows what would have happened. My BP was WAY too low. They told me to file a tort claim with the VA for negligence and I did. It's sad that Drs. there don't check notes from others before they put you on things.

Don't take the oxycodone long! You will get addicted! Withdrawal is a bitch and so is detox. My phyc doc has me on Abilify and deloxatine. I just got out of the VA hospital Rehab for Oxycodone. Fawking sucked!!!!! Semper Fi 😁

Sent from my XT1031 using Professional Muscle mobile app

I have many Iraq/Afghan war vet friends who suffer from PTSD, including myself. I highly advise CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) before medication. Meds mask the underlying problem, not addressing it. CBT is like exposure therapy. You purposely expose yourself, under the supervision of the doctor, to the traumatic event over and over again. This repeat controlled exposure should lessen your emotional response over time.

Long term untreated PTSD has been shown to shrink the hippocampus. The hippocampus functions are: long term memory, emotion, and ANS.

Look at the vietnam veteran generation. Decades post-war they're going away for murder, reenacting trauma sustained in combat, purposefully alienating themselves from society. CBT takes a lot of work, but nothing worth a damn ever comes easy.

Don't take the oxycodone long! You will get addicted! Withdrawal is a bitch and so is detox. My phyc doc has me on Abilify and deloxatine. I just got out of the VA hospital Rehab for Oxycodone. Fawking sucked!!!!! Semper Fi [emoji16]

Hold on, he's talking about oxytocin, not oxycodone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't take the oxycodone long! You will get addicted! Withdrawal is a bitch and so is detox. My phyc doc has me on Abilify and deloxatine. I just got out of the VA hospital Rehab for Oxycodone. Fawking sucked!!!!! Semper Fi [emoji16]

Well that's a given since it's a opiate. Opiates are destroying lives every second

Intranasal oxytocin would be better suited. Peripherally injected, I.M or Subq oxytocin can not pass the blood brain barrier effectively. There may be trace amounts permeating through, even then the half life of the drug is very, very short lived. Like very short in comparison too intranasal.

The perk though, works very well with drugs like Tren, as Tren purportedly increases the anabolic expression of oxytocin. The marvelous positive feedback of the two-faced love hormone. Oh joy.

It also exerts tachyphylaxis on some individuals. Oh and we don't want that.

Cycling is the key.

And Yes, I've used oxytocin. A few years back I was going into detail of my experience with oxytocin and some eight pound water head runs through the thread talking about recreational drugs. Some people have a tendency to train wreak good conversations. Morons.

Big A ended up deleting the thread (for good reason).

Last edited:
That's what I use. Again, I am not sure on benefits yet.

Us old fogies can benefit from oxytocin. As we age, we loose the hypothalamic pulsatile secretion of oxytocin. It has quit the antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties very similar to melatonin.

And it helps rejuvenate our aging muscles :) Has some anabolic properties.

Last edited:
Us old fogies can benefit from oxytocin. As we age, we loose the hypothalamic pulsatile secretion of oxytocin. It has quit the antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties very similar to melatonin.

And it helps rejuvenate our aging muscles :) Has some anabolic properties.
These were the type of responses I was looking for. I appreciate it Stewie.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members