over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

P90X

I think you might be amazed at the number of folks here who do little to no cardio, little to no stretching , and little to no core plyometric type movements.

I didn't other than cardio and very few of my friends I trained with did.

PWood

some people get ripped on this

my only experience was with the ab program i did with a buddy a few times, definitely beneficial in the sense that it got me to do different stuff and its obviously a lot easier to get stuff done with someone telling you exactly what to do and how long, etc.

oh my god

So today at the gym, I am in the locker room undressing for the showers after my workout. A short, fat little guy comes up to me and decides he needs to tell me about this P90x thing. I have ZERO interest (as I know what works lol) in it but he persists. Then he tells me about the diet and says he has to get UP to 27 grams of protein a day and although it is tough he is doing it. I ask him to clarify because I was certain I had heard him wrong. Nope 27 grams of Protein. I barely supress a laugh, and tell him I get that or more in a shake! He kinda looks at me with this puzzled look, and I just left. So I go home and do some research....all I can say, yeah ok, sure if you wanna get "in shape" or whatever. Not for me. Also here is the diet -- looks crazy to me:

DIET and NUTRITION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P90X consists of a 3-phase eating plan that satisfies your energy needs and your taste buds. The goal of the nutrition plan is to identify what, when and how much you can eat so that you can still lose fat and get into the shape that you want to be in.

Phase 1 is the Fat Shredder phase in which you’ll be consuming a high protein and low carbohydrate diet in order to build muscle and shrink fat. Phase 2 is the Energy Booster phase where you’ll be eating both carbohydrates, protein and small amounts of fat in order to optimize your energy performance. Phase 3 is the Endurance Maximizer where you’ll be eating proteins, small amounts of fat and more carbohydrates in order for you to make your way through your final leg of this 90-day training journey

I don't know why its such a breakthrough in training and diet techniques? Everybody already knows the tried and true techniques so why waste your money on a scam? I guess for newbies just starting out it may be beneficial to some degree.

I don't know why its such a breakthrough in training and diet techniques? Everybody already knows the tried and true techniques so why waste your money on a scam? I guess for newbies just starting out it may be beneficial to some degree.

It's far from a scam.

It's far from a scam.

I think he is saying its a scam because they are selling something that you learned in high school gym class. So basic, yet the marketing would have you think that its the secret combination of exercises that will make you into some super badass at the end of the 90 days.

I had a cousin that did this program just to drop some weight, never really lifted, or had a sense of diet. He got decent results and was a great way for him to see results and want to keep his diet clean. I think its great for beginners looking to drop some weight.

Ive done the cardio and abs dvd which are both pretty intense and I think a nice touch.

For those who think it's a scam, I couldn't disagree more. Either, you have completed the 90 program and didn't follow the diet plan or half assed all the workouts and think it didn't work and must be a scam.

Or you didn't do it much at all and just tried a couple of exercises out and made a false judgement on it.

I personaly used it with my wife and we both got excellent results. She lost 16 pounds and became hot again, after years of being a mother and not doing much cardio or weights it was a welcome choice when she suggested it.
I personal used it for the full 3 months while on a cycle of Test, Eq & winny. I was in the best shape of my life after that cycle w/ p90x. I ate about 2000 calories more then I was supposed to but they were all clean cals.

I did start it again and on a Test, Tren cycle but only got to 44 days this time. Tren kick my ass and just don't have the wind to do exercises like i did before. But even still, I looked great after that short time.

I think he is saying its a scam because they are selling something that you learned in high school gym class. So basic, yet the marketing would have you think that its the secret combination of exercises that will make you into some super badass at the end of the 90 days.

Exactly. That's the part that kills me. When you hear anyone talk about P90X they're like "BUT IT LEANS YOU OUT LIKE CRAZY, IT GETS U RIPPED!"

And I'm like "uhh, diet is what makes you ripped. Not doing stupid clap pushups on your living room floor."

If you watch the commercials they don't say a thing about diet. It's all like:

"YEAH YOU'LL GET RIPPED AND LOOK LIKE A FITNESS MODEL WITH OUR AWESOME SUPER SECRET MUSCLE CONFUSION TECHNIQUES!!"

That, my friends, is called bullshit. I'll stick with the weight room, thanks. I have a gym membership, I don't need to fuck around in my living room.

Last edited:
Exactly. That's the part that kills me. When you hear anyone talk about P90X they're like "BUT IT LEANS YOU OUT LIKE CRAZY, IT GETS U RIPPED!"

And I'm like "uhh, diet is what makes you ripped. Not doing stupid clap pushups on your living room floor."

If you watch the commercials they don't say a thing about diet. It's all like:

"YEAH YOU'LL GET RIPPED AND LOOK LIKE A FITNESS MODEL WITH OUR AWESOME SUPER SECRET MUSCLE CONFUSION TECHNIQUES!!"

That, my friends, is called bullshit. I'll stick with the weight room, thanks. I have a gym membership, I don't need to fuck around in my living room.

Lol!. I agree that the way these products and programs are marketed it's
very misleading quite often. But I don't think it should discount the
effectiveness of the program and the exercises that are performed - As
they are legitimate and beneficial for quite a lot of people. One of my
one of my friends is a huge fan of this program aswell.

There was a guy in our gym last year that started right as I was beginning to lean out in prep for my first bb contest in 19 years. I'm not extremely lean year round, so at that point I was rather smooth. This guy was much smaller than me, but was very cut up, wouldn't say ripped, pretty good delts and arms. He did nothing but P90X in the gym. It was a small gym, and he took up all kind of space, and some of the exercises looked ridiculous. Everybody quietly laughed at him sometimes ... one exercise had him standing on one leg bent over, other leg back parallel to the ground and hands out in front, like he was mimicking Superman in flight. He had us dying at times.

He kind of strutted around since he was the most ripped dude in the gym, until I got my bf% down to 3.6% at 4 weeks out, then dropped another 10 lbs plus water, weighed in 213 at 6'1". Then he started asking me what I was doing to get so ripped. Then after my shows, I proceeded to put on 30 lbs in 2 weeks, now up 50 lbs from my contest weight. He doesn't ask for my advice anymore LOL.

Bottom line, if you watch your diet closely, running around in the yard with a sack of flour will net you results. Doesn't take a specialized program, yet some people need motivation and a structured approach to get going

Honestly, knocking on P90x is pretty weak. It works, its a plan, and its the cheapest personal trainer ever.

Is it the be all and end all? of course not. But for someone who doesn't know what the hell to do and doesn't have a gym, etc. Its a hell of a lot better than sitting around.

Exactly

There was a guy in our gym last year that started right as I was beginning to lean out in prep for my first bb contest in 19 years. I'm not extremely lean year round, so at that point I was rather smooth. This guy was much smaller than me, but was very cut up, wouldn't say ripped, pretty good delts and arms. He did nothing but P90X in the gym. It was a small gym, and he took up all kind of space, and some of the exercises looked ridiculous. Everybody quietly laughed at him sometimes ... one exercise had him standing on one leg bent over, other leg back parallel to the ground and hands out in front, like he was mimicking Superman in flight. He had us dying at times.

He kind of strutted around since he was the most ripped dude in the gym, until I got my bf% down to 3.6% at 4 weeks out, then dropped another 10 lbs plus water, weighed in 213 at 6'1". Then he started asking me what I was doing to get so ripped. Then after my shows, I proceeded to put on 30 lbs in 2 weeks, now up 50 lbs from my contest weight. He doesn't ask for my advice anymore LOL.

Bottom line, if you watch your diet closely, running around in the yard with a sack of flour will net you results. Doesn't take a specialized program, yet some people need motivation and a structured approach to get going

That's my point. You don't have to reinvent the wheel with all these unorthodox style exercises to get ripped or big. There is material out there already.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws