over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PAIN IN THE...

method2madness

Registered
So by me there has been a majort heat wave sine Thursday and it's forecasted to last through tomorrow. By itself this is nothing new, but today I had 2 clients and then I trained myself. Combine the heat and the sweat while working with clients and you've got a major cramp just waiting to happen, which it did to me today. Doing rope crunches and my entire abdominal wall cramped at once! Now I'm no pussy and I've cramped before but never like this, the shit had me in tears! I was doubled over on the floor for at least 5 minutes before I could even get up and I'm still feeling the residual pain 7 hours later!
Hope your all having a better day than me.
Peace,
M2M :cool:

So by me there has been a majort heat wave sine Thursday and it's forecasted to last through tomorrow. By itself this is nothing new, but today I had 2 clients and then I trained myself. Combine the heat and the sweat while working with clients and you've got a major cramp just waiting to happen, which it did to me today. Doing rope crunches and my entire abdominal wall cramped at once! Now I'm no pussy and I've cramped before but never like this, the shit had me in tears! I was doubled over on the floor for at least 5 minutes before I could even get up and I'm still feeling the residual pain 7 hours later!
Hope your all having a better day than me.
Peace,

Yeah, I used to get those cramps in my abs when I was on the juice and probably dehydrated. I never got them when I was off cycle though. Youre right, it is very painful and even hard to breathe. The only thing you can do is make sure that when it happens you stretch out your torso and even hyperextend your back over a bench or something to really stretch out the muscles. Once you get one you have to forget about finishing any ab work, its all over.

That's exactly what I did. Sore ass hell today but consider it a lesson learned. We all need to drink more water, even if we think we're drinking enough when it gets hot out there.

Peace,
M2m :cool:

Last edited:
Your first mistake was doing rope crunches. Planks and rollouts are a superior way to train your core.

It seems like you can't get enouph water when its as hot as its been.

It seems like you can't get enouph water when its as hot as its been.

Well when you sweat you lose more than just water. Watered down pedialyte or gatorade is my go-to hydration on really hot days.

Your first mistake was doing rope crunches. Planks and rollouts are a superior way to train your core.

I don't make training mistakes. Actually, planks do shit for me. And the way I do rope crunches gets me awesome results, thickness and vascularity throughout my entire abdominal wall. DO me a favor though, next time keep your advice to yourself. I don't want it and definitely don't need it.

I don't make training mistakes. Actually, planks do shit for me. And the way I do rope crunches gets me awesome results, thickness and vascularity throughout my entire abdominal wall. DO me a favor though, next time keep your advice to yourself. I don't want it and definitely don't need it.

Well if you insist on training your abdominal way in way it's not designed to work then I'm not going to stop you.

Also, if planks do shit for you then you're doing them wrong but you seem to think you're an expert so I'm not going to waste my time.

Well if you insist on training your abdominal way in way it's not designed to work then I'm not going to stop you.

Also, if planks do shit for you then you're doing them wrong but you seem to think you're an expert so I'm not going to waste my time.

So you don't believe that different exercises work differently for different people? I guess your way is the only way? You must make a lot of friends going around telling people about all the mistakes they're making. By the way, those pictures attached, yeah thats' me and my abs that I got by doing an exercise that doesn't work. ;) Oh yeah, how many state championships and top ten national placings do you have? I have 2 of each. :)
Peace,

Attachments

• EA Outside.jpg
    EA Outside.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 314
  • eopa1.jpg
    eopa1.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 308
So you don't believe that different exercises work differently for different people? I guess your way is the only way? You must make a lot of friends going around telling people about all the mistakes they're making. By the way, those pictures attached, yeah thats' me and my abs that I got by doing an exercise that doesn't work. ;) Oh yeah, how many state championships and top ten national placings do you have? I have 2 of each. :)
Peace,

So training your abs makes you lean? Wait, what?

Anatomically your abs are meant to stabilize not cause trunk flexion. Also, your spine will thank you when you're 80 is you train them as such.

So training your abs makes you lean? Wait, what?

Anatomically your abs are meant to stabilize not cause trunk flexion. Also, your spine will thank you when you're 80 is you train them as such.

You can't deny that I have a solid abdominal cavity, so what is your point exactly. Originally you said that these exercises don't work, I've shown you that they work well for me by the manner in which I do them. I don't know what you are exactly trying to prove, but have fun telling people how they are always wrong and making mistakes. Either way, i've got no more time for your BS

The Iron You: Crunches v. Planks: What's The Best For Your Abs?
Thanks to Stuart M. McGill, Ph.D., an influential kinesiology researcher at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, we now know that crunches do a number on your spinal discs, parts of your body that do not heal. McGill measured the forces placed on the spine by sit-ups and crunches. He found that the compression created by a crunch is so high that if you knocked out a set on the job and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration was there to measure the load, your employer could be charged with violating workplace-safety laws. In other words, if you're looking for a herniated disc, look no further than the crunch.
The basic plank (toes and forearms on the floor, shoulder blades pulled and down, butt down, body straight) is harder than you might realize.

My point is crunches are fucking terrible for the spine.

Two studies from 2006 and 2008 show that moves like the rollout work the upper and lower abs are about 25% more efficiently than a crunch or a sit-up. How's that for maximizing your gym time?
According to a study published in the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy in May of last year, the Swiss ball rollout, in which you place your fists on a ball and extend your body like a bridge, is much better than the crunch for creating a ripped stomach and building strong lower-back muscles to support your spine.
But the rollout isn't some newfangled exercise invented in a laboratory; it's simply a dynamic tweak of the plank, one of the oldest exercises in the book.

Also roll outs cause more muscle stimulation than crunches do.

Def need more then water. I personally like to drink an energy drink and a couple gatorades while in the heat right now.

Def need more then water. I personally like to drink an energy drink and a couple gatorades while in the heat right now.

I brought the lemon-lime flavored gatorade with me today in addition to my water. i'm attempting to avoid another cramp as abs are on the agenda again today.
Peace,

Yeah, I used to get those cramps in my abs when I was on the juice and probably dehydrated. I never got them when I was off cycle though. Youre right, it is very painful and even hard to breathe. The only thing you can do is make sure that when it happens you stretch out your torso and even hyperextend your back over a bench or something to really stretch out the muscles. Once you get one you have to forget about finishing any ab work, its all over.

Mald - I respect all your advice so this isn't meant to be disrespectful at all. I'm not sure when exactly your advising to stretch. I agree with you before and AFTER. But don't do it during the cramp without getting too technical it will damage the muscle fibrils even more. (to go a lil more in-depth but keeping it symplistic) The myosin and actin are fully overlapped (muscle is contracted) and attempting to stretch during this will 'rip' them apart and cause more damage.

I used to get ab cramps quite often but mine were not due to heat or dehydration. I live in a place that rarely gets over 75F and I drink 4 liters of water daily. I have found that training my abs every other day instead of once a week has tremendously helped me to avoid those crippling cramps.

I used to get ab cramps quite often but mine were not due to heat or dehydration. I live in a place that rarely gets over 75F and I drink 4 liters of water daily. I have found that training my abs every other day instead of once a week has tremendously helped me to avoid those crippling cramps.

Interesting, so more abdominal training as opposed to less has helped you avoind the cramping? I guess something to do with more regular muscle activation. I've started training them twice a week now and so far no repeats of that day.
Peace,

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner