advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Paleo sticky ( foods , recipes , general talk)

Would you guys consider me to be "Paleo"? I don't like to think of myself as paleo.

I only get 15-20% of my macros everyday from carbs.
My carb sources are solely fruit and squash with the exception of oatmeal.

Lemme know. LOL

Would you guys consider me to be "Paleo"? I don't like to think of myself as paleo.

I only get 15-20% of my macros everyday from carbs.
My carb sources are solely fruit and squash with the exception of oatmeal.

Lemme know. LOL

That could qualify as Paleo IMHO. I think "Paleo" is better used as a guideline than a strict set of rules. To me it means

-No processed or refined foods
-No refined sugars
-No industrial seed oils
-Gluten Free
-Soy Free
-GMO free
-Generally; low carb, high fat, moderate protein (although carbs ideally should be matched to activity level so what's "low" for one person might be "high" for someone else)

Aside from that I think things should be taken on a case by case basis. If you digest dairy well and feel good eating it, go for it. My body thrives on dairy so i eat a lot of it and feel great, never bloated, no indigestion. Potatoes, rice, oatmeal (gluten free of course), etc. are all things that fall into a gray area as far as I'm concerned. They aren't really offensive, just not that nutritious either (comparatively, at least).

Wow. I would have never thought I'm "paleo". Interesting..
Yeah, I don't touch dairy at all with the exception of cheese. I routinely have lots of grass fed beef mixed with cheese as a meal. Can't touch milk or most yogurts though. Yeah it's weird.

Wow. I would have never thought I'm "paleo". Interesting..
Yeah, I don't touch dairy at all with the exception of cheese. I routinely have lots of grass fed beef mixed with cheese as a meal. Can't touch milk or most yogurts though. Yeah it's weird.

Hmmm, that is strange. Also, ideally things should be pasture raised, grass-fed, organic, etc. etc. but that is secondary IMHO. All the studies that show the health benefits are done with conventionally grown produce. There are also lists; "The Clean Fifteen" and "The Dirty Dozen", which list foods that have the least and most pesticides, respectively. I also like buying stuff from local farms because the profit is entirely theirs, I can visit and really know how the animals are treated, and they are usually really cool people.

Yes, 90-95% of the time, I only eat Grass Fed, Organic, Free Range, etc.

I'll list out the foods...

PRO- Grass fed beef, free range eggs, free range chicken & turkey, grass fed whey protein , alaskan salmon

CHO - Fruits, Squash, Oatmeal 1x/day, Quinoa

FAT - Grass fed beef , alaskan salmon, Coconut oil, Cheese, free range eggs, pesto sauce, EVOO , avocardo

+lots of veggies

However, if I go out with a friend or whatnot, most of these rules go out the window...especially if I'm starving and have to just eat hospital food. I guess this would mean I'm only "paleo" while I'm at home which is why I wrote 90-95% of the time.

Nothing wrong with that. I am less strict when going out to dinner, vacation, etc. I still a kid things that make me feel lousy but I don't order unseasoned fish and steamed broccoli either.

Your diet is pretty Paleo. A die hard Paleo fanatic would frown on the whey protein, oatmeal, quinoa and cheese. I think those things are all fine though, and I eat them as well.

Quinoa, ok I could give that up.
Whey protein, ok I could give that up.

Cheese and oatmeal?
**** no

Lol! Those are life savers for a low CHO diet.

Quinoa, ok I could give that up.
Whey protein, ok I could give that up.

Cheese and oatmeal?
**** no

Lol! Those are life savers for a low CHO diet.

Ha! I'm with you there. Oatmeal with some fresh fruit/berries, raw goat cheese or a really good blue....not much better!

One of my FAVORITE meals....
Alaskan Salmon, Goat Cheese,Pesto Sauce and mixed green leafy vegetables with EVOO,balsamic vinegar,garlic powder,salt,pepper.

I used to have it 2x a day for weeks!

Prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast stuffed with olives, basil and sun-dried tomatoes along side grilled tomatoes and mixed green salad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422153086.080927.jpg

Sunday snack. Homemade gravlax, cream cheese and dill on rice crackers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422213153.008371.jpg

Slow braised cube steak over cauliflower mash drizzled with the jus, alongside Brussels sprouts slaw with an Asian citrus dressing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422322257.765088.jpg

your dishes are amazing bro. i saw something on tv about people going to other peoples home to eat dinner. just like a restaurant but at someones home. you should look into that.

your dishes are amazing bro. i saw something on tv about people going to other peoples home to eat dinner. just like a restaurant but at someones home. you should look into that.

That might be a fun side job. Thanks for the heads up!

Tonight was a warm rainbow chard salad with golden raisins, toasted pine nuts, crispy bacon lardons, sautéed minced garlic and lemon zest.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422583616.295925.jpg

Garlic-Rosemary roasted Cornish Hen with baby red potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and steamed broccoli.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423875879.633068.jpg

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner