over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Palifter’s 2 year transformation

You look great man. Goal physique for me right there.

I know you said you do 4x10-12 for training. Are these straight sets with a same weight (or decreasing if you miss the range), or ramping up to a top weight you fail in that range at?
How about exercise selection? Are you sticking to basic BB and DB movements, mostly machines, or a mix of both?

I typically pyramid up in weight but my last 2 sets usually are my “working” sets and they are the same max effort weight. I usually take these last 2 sets to failure.

For exercise selection it varies but generally I use the below (first being used most, last being used least)

1. Machines
2. Smith machine
3. Barbell
4. Dumbbell

The above really depends on the gym I’m at, but as of late I’ve really been connecting with machines at my current gym so I’m riding that wave.

I typically pyramid up in weight but my last 2 sets usually are my “working” sets and they are the same max effort weight. I usually take these last 2 sets to failure.

For exercise selection it varies but generally I use the below (first being used most, last being used least)

1. Machines
2. Smith machine
3. Barbell
4. Dumbbell

The above really depends on the gym I’m at, but as of late I’ve really been connecting with machines at my current gym so I’m riding that wave.
Thanks for the reply man. I've been training pretty much the same way lately. Still trying to get away from my powerlifting roots where I "have to bench" or "have to squat" and "bro splits are bad". Good to see guys like you and Danieltx are training a similar way and I know I'm on the right track bodybuilding wise

Thanks for the reply man. I've been training pretty much the same way lately. Still trying to get away from my powerlifting roots where I "have to bench" or "have to squat" and "bro splits are bad". Good to see guys like you and Danieltx are training a similar way and I know I'm on the right track bodybuilding wise
Imo, bodybuilding is simply finding what works best for you and consistently executing that for years on end.

Everyone is always in search of the “perfect plan”. It doesn’t exist and you’ll only end up spinning your wheels in search of it.

Great start to your thread Palifter, I started watching it to see what else you share, thanks brother

Decided to add I'm impressed with your gains while utilizing a basic standard protocol across the board with PED"S, training and diet. Great example of how you don't need to make things complicated to get incredible gains.

Imo, bodybuilding is simply finding what works best for you and consistently executing that for years on end.

Everyone is always in search of the “perfect plan”. It doesn’t exist and you’ll only end up spinning your wheels in search of it.

It can be such a mindfuck though as you really need to give a routine, or any change for that matter, TIME and the whole time anything less that mind-blowing results has you asking yourself, "Am I wasting time I will never get back???" This leads to people changing variable so often, been there and HOPEFULLY done with that lol.

It can be such a mindfuck though as you really need to give a routine, or any change for that matter, TIME and the whole time anything less that mind-blowing results has you asking yourself, "Am I wasting time I will never get back???" This leads to people changing variable so often, been there and HOPEFULLY done with that lol.
Oh I agree 100%, it’s definitely easier said than done. I’m still guilty at times too.

I think this is why hiring a coach can be such a worthwhile investment, even if only for a limited duration of time.

Great thread covering all the basics and sharing experience. You look great, not to mention very well filled out for 6'2".

Before are ok what you mostly see around the gym from guys that are pretty good lifters.
The afters you look phenomenal! A complete different level.

I’d be curious to hear of this basic diet
During the area between 230 and 275.
The difference is just making sure you got the good meals in each and every day?
Great transformation and a great thread.

Before are ok what you mostly see around the gym from guys that are pretty good lifters.
The afters you look phenomenal! A complete different level.

I’d be curious to hear of this basic diet
During the area between 230 and 275.
The difference is just making sure you got the good meals in each and every day?
Great transformation and a great thread.
Yep, it was really just adherence to diet and consistency.

I don’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to nutrition either. Over the years, food choices and portions may have changed but the general idea is below. Protein and fats stay about the same, carbs are the macro I use as the main driver for weight increase or decrease. I have 5 high days (training) and 2 low days (non training).

Example:

M1: 2-3whole eggs, 300-400g egg whites, cream of rice + blueberries

M2: 7-8oz lean protein + jasmine rice + added fat of choice

M3: same as meal 2

M4 (pre): whey isolate + carb of choice + small fat source

Intra: karbolyn or hbcd + sea salt + eaa + creatine

M5: 7-8oz lean meat + rice + cereal

M6: 7-8oz red meat + carb of choice

Figured I’d lay out my shoulder workout from today so you guys have an idea of my typical volume and exercise selection.

*rest period is ~90sec between sets*

Reverse pec dec fly - 4x15
Lateral raises - 4x10
Machine shoulder press - 4x8
Db seated shrugs (2 sec hold) - 4x15
High cable row - 4x12
John meadows partial lateral raises 4x20

My gym also just got an Arm Blaster which i’d never used so I did 4 sets of curls with dumbbells and I’m a fan.

Only other thing worth noting is my experimenting with Gatorade powder intra in place of karbolyn in an effort to ease up on my wallet. On paper, Karbolyn and HBCD seem superior for exiting the GI tract and causing minimal bloating but so far, I’ve had zero issues and it plays nicely with my pre workout slin usage. I will let you know if this changes in time - most things do.

Current fasted weight is 273lbs.

Test + primo is a first for me and I’m loving the drier look. Usually I’m a Test + deca advocate but that water retention isn’t the prettiest in a caloric surplus. My scale weight would likely be higher but my aesthetic would take a hit imo. GH is at 10iu still.

13E00C48-97FC-4DC7-8DB0-0C55A62716A5.jpeg

The hardest part had to be finding a decent gym in PA. That was rough outside of Pitt, Philly and Harrisburg

Only other thing worth noting is my experimenting with Gatorade powder intra in place of karbolyn in an effort to ease up on my wallet. On paper, Karbolyn and HBCD seem superior for exiting the GI tract and causing minimal bloating but so far, I’ve had zero issues and it plays nicely with my pre workout slin usage. I will let you know if this changes in time - most things do.
I also switched from Karbolyn to Gatorade powder a little over a year ago due to price and I've had no issues with it.

I also switched from Karbolyn to Gatorade powder a little over a year ago due to price and I've had no issues with it.
That’s good to hear. I’m sure the designer carbs have their place and merit but maybe more so in endurance athletics or similar.

I don’t think my 60-90minute training sessions really fall under that umbrella.

Awesome thread bro! Curious to know how you started... How old were you when you started lifting? How much did you weigh then?

Awesome thread bro! Curious to know how you started... How old were you when you started lifting? How much did you weigh then?
I started lifting for football and track purposes. I was a freshman in high school. I prob weighed around 200lbs and graduated high school closer to 230-235lbs.

Freshman year of college was when I started taking bodybuilding more seriously as my football career was no more.

what amounts of carbohydrates and fat do you get at the peak of the offseason?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear