over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Palumbo Diet

wow this was really helpful. im gonna try this diet tomorrow with the carb up then into keto. Im tryin to lose that last little bit b4 my show so i hope this can do it.

This is a good thread so far does anyone have any other examples of these type of diets..?

I have been using dave p's diet since january the 5th and have averaged 2-3 pound a week since starting it. I dnt really have any hunger issued apart from the day after my cheat meal and my trainign hasnt sufferd any more than it did when carb cycling last year.

don't forget that duchaine had in bodyopus, carb up days which were also a time to "bring back" lost muscle, even with his refinements there was a degree of muscle loss with the keto diet. i suppose one for sure reason for a natty at least would be the low test levels which could be offset with gear use. when i did bodyopus as an experiment i found that i got to a point that i was never satisfied, no matter how much i ate. a couple eggs and some bacon and i was feeling like i hadn't eaten in hours. the way my body felt going from "normal" into ketosis(or some degree) i always felt like "this is not good for my body"

i have 2 questions. ive always been a big guy and lately i slacked big on the cardio and am now trying to get back. my diet has never been good from a bodybuilders perspective. i use to drink way to much juice. anyway first question. realistically if someone doesnt use this low carb diet, what is the lowest percentage a guy could get to without it? say 6'4 man with shoulders the size of a door frame.

second. if one starts this diet, do you stop working out for those days til your body goes into ketosis. i dont think i could do my cardio and training without carbs. so do people stay away from gym til you get there or do you rough thru it?

The diet works.

That's the bottom line. Most people just don't keep the carbs low enough for long enough. Just like most of the time when you guys have tried to help someone out [the average Joe] and you can tell from their questions that they aren't doing what you told them.

Very frustrating.

I tried the diet and the fat loss is rapid. Some people confuse the initial water loss with "fat loss". I wait for the water to drop then lose two pounds a week.

I will say I stay much more swollen and veiny using carbs as an energy source and I like the way I feel in the gym much more, but there is NO DOUBT that diet works.

I think testosterone levels would be higher than with the low fat approach myself. It's the low fat guys who lose their sex drive.

as daves diet isnt an INTENSE keto diet considering how much protien is being eaten, how does his refeed day work? And im talking about after you stop the cheat day about 8 weeks out.

Im mainly wondering how many and what type of G.I. carbs do you take in and when? Also, like the standard high keto do you drop your fats on refeed day?

Also im starting this diet from one that had me taking in 1/2 oats with breakfast, 35 grams w-maize b4 traing and 70 after, with a high carb day every 5th day of about 300 carbs, near all from low G.I. carbs (which i think was a mistake)

My meals are as follows if this can give guys the info they need to help me out. And maybe i should mention i just started the no carb (save for nuts) on wensday and from today im 5 weeks out from comp.

2 whole omega eggs, 1 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 tbs olive oil

7 oz salmon (with a little salsa)

6 ounce chicken, greens 1 1/2 tbs olive oil

pre workout- 25 grams whey, 3 tbs flax seed, 15 nuts

post workout- 50 grams whey, 3 tbs flax seed, 15 nuts

same as meal 1

thinking about switching postworkout shake to 2 tbs natty PB instead of the flax though because i know daves diet doesnt include it.

Compared to pretty much everyone whos gonna read this im an extreme novice. I was gonna try the extreme keto by upping fat more and dropping protien a bit more but as people have pointed out to me that might be to drastic of a change this close to a comp. Also im on no gear whatsoever. I do take a eca stack at 100mg ephedra, 250 caff, and 89 asprin. i was also supping l carintine but have just recently found out taken orally its useless :/

Thanks for any help. sorry if these stupid questions

Last edited:
Need to lose the lbs!!

Im 150 lb female that NEEDS to lose @ 20 lbs. Im not competing but I am working out in the gym and want to be muscular and cut.
What portions should I be doing on this diet? Also can I have a cheat day? Im craving variety.
I lost 6 lbs in the first week, but i think im taking in too much protein.

This is what Im doing

Meal 1: 4 omega 3 eggs and 1oz egg whites
Meal 2: Protein shake with olive oil mixed in
Meal 3: 4 oz chicken and green salad
Meal 4: Protein shake with olive oil mixed in
Meal 5: 4 oz salmon or red meat and green salad
Meal 6: protein shake with olive oil mixed in

* Im not eating the nuts cuz I hate nuts

Im 150 lb female that NEEDS to lose @ 20 lbs. Im not competing but I am working out in the gym and want to be muscular and cut.
What portions should I be doing on this diet? Also can I have a cheat day? Im craving variety.
I lost 6 lbs in the first week, but i think im taking in too much protein.

This is what Im doing

Meal 1: 4 omega 3 eggs and 1oz egg whites
Meal 2: Protein shake with olive oil mixed in
Meal 3: 4 oz chicken and green salad
Meal 4: Protein shake with olive oil mixed in
Meal 5: 4 oz salmon or red meat and green salad
Meal 6: protein shake with olive oil mixed in

* Im not eating the nuts cuz I hate nuts

Well First you better add LOTS of Fiber, like metamucil, in your diet asap. Unless you want to wear adult diapers. Second, get regular nuts and put them in a blender w/ some splenda and a tbsp or two of olive oil, and you'll get pure PB for a great snack.
Good luck.

Diet...

I have been dieting like this for about 6weeks:

3 days High Protein (400-600), High Fat(100-200) and only veges with each meal- as close to zero carb as possible. Mostly whole eggs, steak, tuna and peanut butter.

Then 1 day where i eat whateva I want, mostly high high carbs and moderate to low fat and protein.

My weight is dropping very fast. From 143kg down to 130kg in 6 weeks. Im not sure whether to eat more fats on my 3 diet days or what?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws