over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pancreatitis

Lol, That's actually a Mnemonic (series of letters) I GET SMASHED to remember causes of pancreatitis. Used them in school and they work!! also tend to retain the info longer using them.

where do you think i got it from ;)

Lol, That's actually a Mnemonic (series of letters) I GET SMASHED to remember causes of pancreatitis. Used them in school and they work!! also tend to retain the info longer using them.

lol...

debbi downer:eek:....what do you think about a bodybuilding type
diet and pancreatits..???

because the doctors told me the same thing you said...
"this is rare in people like you" lol i said..."people like me..???
what do you mean...???"....after i explained to them how
i was eating prior....they understood better.....

but, one doc told me.....your body adapts to the way you feed it.
sorting stuff out and regulating itself over time, and that consistency
plays a big role.....and then all of a sudden....it changes...it causes
big problems...ive learned to SLOWLY start eating normal after a diet
and not gorging like i did...

:cool:

lol...

debbi downer:eek:....what do you think about a bodybuilding type
diet and pancreatits..???

because the doctors told me the same thing you said...
"this is rare in people like you" lol i said..."people like me..???
what do you mean...???"....after i explained to them how
i was eating prior....they understood better.....

but, one doc told me.....your body adapts to the way you feed it.
sorting stuff out and regulating itself over time, and that consistency
plays a big role.....and then all of a sudden....it changes...it causes
big problems...ive learned to SLOWLY start eating normal after a diet
and not gorging like i did...

By bodybuilding diet? do you mean excessive calories. I don't know the answer to your question so just hypothesizing. Fat people who over eat are not more prone to pancreatitis than a skinny dude that under eats. (not taking into account the fact that fat people can get more gallstones which in turn can lead to pancreatitis).

SO I would think a bodybuilder that over eats shouldn't get pancreatitis just by overeating... But I would say once you get a couple bout of pancreatitis you are probably better served by backing off on gorging as every time you eat the pancreas has to secrete its juices.

On a side note. In my early 20s I a saw member here blending chicken breasts. So to get my protein in and look like beast mode, I started blending chicken breast and diet coke and drink it. HAHA.. I would eat 4000 calories etc. Good way to mess up my stomach valve and cause acid reflux.

Last edited:
Has gallbladder removal presented any issues for you to deal with? Bowel control? Food sensitivities?

I had mine removed two years ago and didn't have any issues. However, issues with gall bladder removal are random. No one can predict how it would affect you.

I was discharged on Wednesday and took it easy Wednesday, Thursday as Friday. Small meals eating when hungry and not even eating until I was full. Last night I had a whole egg, 4 egg whites and 2 pieces of toast. I showered and brushed my teeth and layed down in bed. 10 mins later I felt it coming on. Didn't sleep at all. 3am I checked myself back into the ER. The pain has NEVER been nearly as bad as it was a couple hours ago. The nurse said my paperwork said the doctor discharged me with a lipase of 588... Still almost double the high ref range so I wasn't 100% ready. I told the doctor I didn't feel like I was ready when he told me I was good to go but he didn't care. He couldn't get me out of the door fast enough. The plan is to meet with a gastro this weekend if available. In the meantime I'm in a bed with an IV and morphine. Bodybuilding is on hold unfortunately for the time being but it's for the best.

Good luck my friend. Wish me luck in at least finding a cause of all this!

hang in there bro. I think you will be allright just a bump. Did the Gastroenterologist see you? what did he say?

I was discharged on Wednesday and took it easy Wednesday, Thursday as Friday. Small meals eating when hungry and not even eating until I was full. Last night I had a whole egg, 4 egg whites and 2 pieces of toast. I showered and brushed my teeth and layed down in bed. 10 mins later I felt it coming on. Didn't sleep at all. 3am I checked myself back into the ER. The pain has NEVER been nearly as bad as it was a couple hours ago. The nurse said my paperwork said the doctor discharged me with a lipase of 588... Still almost double the high ref range so I wasn't 100% ready. I told the doctor I didn't feel like I was ready when he told me I was good to go but he didn't care. He couldn't get me out of the door fast enough. The plan is to meet with a gastro this weekend if available. In the meantime I'm in a bed with an IV and morphine. Bodybuilding is on hold unfortunately for the time being but it's for the best.

Just seeing this thread now, BG. Very sorry to hear that you're dealing with this, I know you were well on your way to a hell of a mutation!

Hang in there my man, they will get to the bottom of this and you will bounce back strong.

Look at what Tenny said, he's had it multiple times and he recovered from it, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do the same (hopefully in a timely manner).

I hope you heal up expediently; will be following this thread.

hang in there bro. I think you will be allright just a bump. Did the Gastroenterologist see you? what did he say?

I will be seeing them Tuesday I believe but you know how things are at the hospital... Changing every other hour.

Just seeing this thread now, BG. Very sorry to hear that you're dealing with this, I know you were well on your way to a hell of a mutation!

Hang in there my man, they will get to the bottom of this and you will bounce back strong.

Look at what Tenny said, he's had it multiple times and he recovered from it, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do the same (hopefully in a timely manner).

I hope you heal up expediently; will be following this thread.

Thank you for your thoughts Saturn. Slowly and surely I'll make my way back. For now allllll I can think about is how hungry I am. That coupled with the nothing by mouth order I was given makes time pass slowly.

I had mine removed two years ago and didn't have any issues. However, issues with gall bladder removal are random. No one can predict how it would affect you.

Getting mine taken out in 2 weeks, along with a small ventral hernia repair right above my belly button. Crossing fingers here on the outcome of eating, lol.

Thank you for your thoughts Saturn. Slowly and surely I'll make my way back. For now allllll I can think about is how hungry I am. That coupled with the nothing by mouth order I was given makes time pass slowly.

I know that whole NPO part is awful but it is necessary to get that pancreas to calm down.Next should be liquid diet for a few days. As you said the doctor rushed you out the door last time. Sounds like he didn't follow the standard pancreatitis protocol.

You haven't seen a gastro in the hospital? usually a gastro takes over your treatment in the hospital and you follow up with him/her when discharged.
While in the hospital it is so much easier to get things done. They want a test or procedure and it is scheduled and done that day or the next. Once discharged things take weeks to schedule out patient etc.

Sometimes .especially if it is your first bout they just want to calm it down and get you out of pain.so I am not surprised they aren't putting you through lots of testing. All the real invasive stuff people have mentioned are usually done after several recurrent bouts.

Now it is a holiday weekend and not sure the location or size of the hospital you have been admitted. That can make things difficult at some of the smaller hospitals. Things slow down on weekends and holidays.

Hang in there!

Good luck my friend. Wish me luck in at least finding a cause of all this!

It's a small hospital, with no gastro on site. I'll have to travel to another larger hospital to get testing done. My lipase was 580 this morning at 9am, down from 1030 yesterday so things are moving in the right direction. I just had some beef broth and a sugar free Popsicle so I'm ""satisfied"" for a bit. I imagine tomorrow we will transition to whole foods.

Just wanted to give a bit of an update. I'm out of the hospital now, actually got my first lift in tonight. WEAK! Crazy how not eating for 3 days will do that to you huh? Anyway, I'm waiting for a phone call to schedule my appointment with a gastroenterologist to determine what's going on. I have an idea of what caused it after doing a few hours of research and reading studies, but I'm going to bite my tongue at the moment. For now however, everything is good. It's like nothing ever happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can maintain....eat when hungry....til your satisfied....

don't push the cals....i know you you didn't force feed...
but there is fine line...

i had it twice...both times after shows....SUGAR...CARBS..

tighten it up....you can do it.

Ditto here. It actually came back after I starting eating clean again. Ended up in the ER a couple of times with it. JT did some research on if I could be taking a supplement that could be the cause/trigger. Aspirin. I was taking the ECA stack and once I cut out the aspirin, I never had another attack. Food for thought.

Unfortunately I can't be outright with my doc. My old doc asked if I was taking supplements and I told him nothing but a whey protein powder... Then he gave me the "steroids will kill you" talk for the next fifteen minutes and told me to discontinue using my whey.... I couldn't keep a straight face for the life of me.

I've had extensive bouts with this type of issue. My first ER visit showed elevated levels and diagnosed as pancreatitis. I have been in probably 6-8 times in the past three years...have had every test I know of, no further signs of the pancreatitis but no answers either...just an average of 4 days in the hospital with no food and a loss of 20+lbs. I was open about all of my supplement/drug use...doctors basically dismissed any connection to anabolics...but keyed in on the fact I was a regular marajuana smoker. Apparently there is a condition (don't recall the name at the moment) that affects a small percentage of users. The condition is a build up of THC and causes symptoms very similar to those we describe...starts with vomiting which becomes uncontrollable, and intense abdominal pain. I've made life changes to see if this is in fact the culprit...so far so good, but I'm not 100% convinced it won't be back...best of luck to you

Good to know! If you remember the condition at all let me know as I'd like to research that further.

I've had extensive bouts with this type of issue. My first ER visit showed elevated levels and diagnosed as pancreatitis. I have been in probably 6-8 times in the past three years...have had every test I know of, no further signs of the pancreatitis but no answers either...just an average of 4 days in the hospital with no food and a loss of 20+lbs. I was open about all of my supplement/drug use...doctors basically dismissed any connection to anabolics...but keyed in on the fact I was a regular marajuana smoker. Apparently there is a condition (don't recall the name at the moment) that affects a small percentage of users. The condition is a build up of THC and causes symptoms very similar to those we describe...starts with vomiting which becomes uncontrollable, and intense abdominal pain. I've made life changes to see if this is in fact the culprit...so far so good, but I'm not 100% convinced it won't be back...best of luck to you

Cyclical vomiting syndrome?? Urges to take hot shower after smoking pot...?

Edit: cannaboid hypermesis syndrome is the correct name..

I don't smoke pot but I have heard of it..

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic