over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Partial Bicep Tear

blackhawks273

Registered
Last year trying to pickup a Hot tub, i had a partial tear in my left bicep..i felt it pop....i didnt follow up with a doctor until it was too late to have surgery to repair it. Now it is about 2 inches higher than the right bicep. Now that im ready to start weight training again, i am just wondering if it will ever regain its full length and be symmetrical to the right bicep. Anyone have any experience with this, i would love to hear your experience,
Thanks ,
Blackhawk

also wondering if there are any particular bicep exercises that will help too

I tore my left bicep picking up a DB. It took about a week to get a MRI that showed I did have a partial tear. My Dr said no surgery just PT, rest and no lifting. About 6 months later I was back in the gym but slow at it. It was a little deformed at first but now a few years later it is good to go. Just take it easy your first couple weeks and see how it feels. :)

Last edited:
If there's a 2 inch difference I would say no. I had surgery and mine still isn't perfect

I have started lifting again, there is no pain..but the difference is noticeable. I thought doing more preacher curls would help with the lower part of the bicep where there is a gap now. Still no real difference. Does anyone know how long can go by before surgery is not an option...i heard it was 2-4 weeks but was hoping there is always a chance to repair it

And just turned 50 recently so more difficult i would assume for the body to heal itself properly

I would suggest to stop doing preachers curls. They put your bicep in a fixed Position

I have started lifting again, there is no pain..but the difference is noticeable. I thought doing more preacher curls would help with the lower part of the bicep where there is a gap now. Still no real difference. Does anyone know how long can go by before surgery is not an option...i heard it was 2-4 weeks but was hoping there is always a chance to repair it

That's why my Dr recommend no surgery due to I was close to the window for surgery. I believe he stated after 2 weeks just to let nature take it's course. I would stick with DB's for the time being until you get full strength/motion back. :)

I also has a partial tear in my left bicep. I didnt require surgery but I do believe after 2 weeks, you are close to past the window. 2 inches is a lot, sounds like you needed surgery. Im not sure I would accept no, I might try to find another doctor. How long has it been?

Unfortunately it has been over a year. I think the window may have closed for any type of surgery.

Just want to thanks everyone that gave me their experiences/Recommendation for the partial tear in my bicep. I will concentrate on some light dumbell work for now and see if it helps in the healing process of my bicep.

Also i am still going to do some preacher work as i believe it will help build up the lower part of the bicep.

Im just going through this, if the tendon ruptures your muscle belly is intact, they can reattach that, if you tear the muscle belly like I just did, your fucked, not matter what it will always look different .

the deformity will always be there, accept it.
you will regain 100% strength or more.

i tore all 4 muscles of my left quad 2 years ago at a meet going for a new 1rm. i couldnt even air squat for a couple of months. i did "water squats" in my pool as i was weightless. 2 years later i blew that max out of the water by 100lbs! i have a hole in my leg where the biggest tear was.

last year i tore my left bicep tendon. 90% tear. no deformities and back to 100% in about 4 months.
in this pic its the leg on the wristwatch side (mirror image). this was shortly after once the swelling was completely gone.

2 years later...no mirror image. its the leg on your right.

Everyone is different but I had a partial tear 10 or so years ago, followed the recommendations and it never went back to normal. When I lean out, it looks like a miniature McDonald's golden arch...

a good orthopedic surgeon would be able to get it symmetrical but naturally it will always be like that my man. as long as you keep hittin the weights smart and put more muscle on maybe it will look better a bit or blend in

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity