over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Partial Muscle tear not healing

TheEagle

Newbies
Hi

I had partially tore my left levator scapulae muscle (its a muscle underneath upper trapezius) while doing cable pulled down exercise on the last rep i felt the muscle fibers overstretch\tear. This was almost 2 years ago, i had done MRI which confirm partial tear, indicating asymmetric fullness in that area comparing to the right one. I had also done Cervical spine MRI to rule out neck issue with discs, which came normal. I still have pain in that upper trapezius area and cannot train 100% i only do light training ever since. I tried PT, Botox and Trigger point injections without any success. All doctors tell me to just keep exercising lightly. Just last week i tried PRP treatment in that area and will see how this goes.

I had done a few cycles about 5 years ago and my last one was Test\Deca for 6 months straight and ever since i have been natural . I'm wondering if its due to my cycle history usage i messed something up in my system that this injury takes so long to heal. I had done blood work last year to see if i might have low test which prevents this injury to heal properly and my total test was at 586, LH/FSH and TSH were also normal and i am 29.

Had anyone had any similar issue after going natural or any similar problem with injury?

I've partially torn both pecs, my right tricep and full ruptured my left bicep and had it reattached. I can train without pain. They all essentially healed, but I do train much lighter and just use higher volume. Have no desire to go through a 5th one.

I think that if part of that muscle tore off of its insertion that it cannot ever grow back. Those muscle cells died, the tissue is gone. Scar tissue might form though. A tear in the muscle belly would probably have trouble healing back to normal too if those fibers died. Similar to my heart attack. When the muscle dies it doesn't regenerate itself. The cells are dead. I think skeletal muscle cells do have the ability to regenerate some, but not if the tear is too big.

Last edited:
I think that if part of that muscle tore off of its insertion that it cannot ever grow back. Those muscle cells died, the tissue is gone. Scar tissue might form though. A tear in the muscle belly would probably have trouble healing back to normal too if those fibers died. Similar to my heart attack. When the muscle dies it doesn't regenerate itself. The cells are dead. I think skeletal muscle cells do have the ability to regenerate some, but not if the tear is too big.

Interesting, do you mean the tendon at the insertion from the bone? I think its unlikely, my left side of the neck/shoulder blade would be hanging lower comparing to the right side in that case. MRI did not show any tendon damage, only asymmetric fullness right at the middle part of the muscle.

Interesting, do you mean the tendon at the insertion from the bone? I think its unlikely, my left side of the neck/shoulder blade would be hanging lower comparing to the right side in that case. MRI did not show any tendon damage, only asymmetric fullness right at the middle part of the muscle.

Yeah, could be some fibers torn at the tendon origin. Sounds like its in the middle though and that is good news. If the tear is big enough though I don't think it can regenerate. A bit like what happened to me once. I tore part of my vastus lateralis doing heavy squats. Even today, about 20 years later, I still have a divot or hole there in my thigh.

Another example would be when I had to have surgery to remove dead tissue from an abscess I had from an injection. It was in my glute. Today I have a divot there was well, where the tissue was dead. Smaller tears can heal, but if enough tissue died then I think it is permanent.

I tore the muscle belly in my upper pec doing heavy inclines about 22 years ago, I couldn't lift my car keys for weeks but eventually it scarred over and healed. I don't think I can add to your doctors and Maldorf has some good points. You seem to be doing everything a logical person would do to heal, sometimes it may never happen. I tore my quad tendon and after 10 years I had surgery (2 years ago now) and I still have lots of issues walking on that leg, I too am at a loss and try everything but I may always walk with a limp and the possibility of falling until I die....I wish you well in your recovery

When was the MRI you're talking about taken, and have you had imaging recently?

Hey eagle, have you noticed any nerve damage?...do you ever experience any tingling in your trap, neck, shoulder area?...I suspect I tore the same muscle a year ago...that area looks and feels bigger/ swollen and I have tingling in the above areas.......kvh

I tore the muscle belly in my upper pec doing heavy inclines about 22 years ago, I couldn't lift my car keys for weeks but eventually it scarred over and healed. I don't think I can add to your doctors and Maldorf has some good points. You seem to be doing everything a logical person would do to heal, sometimes it may never happen. I tore my quad tendon and after 10 years I had surgery (2 years ago now) and I still have lots of issues walking on that leg, I too am at a loss and try everything but I may always walk with a limp and the possibility of falling until I die....I wish you well in your recovery

Very good insight. Thanks bro! I wish you well in your recovery as well!

When was the MRI you're talking about taken, and have you had imaging recently?

The injury happened sometime in May 2016 and the first MRI was done on march 2017 which showed nothing and the second one was last month which revealed mild asymmetric fullness. I remember i had weakness in that area right after the injury and now i can tell it healed to some degree by still not 100% as i have pain in that area.

Hey eagle, have you noticed any nerve damage?...do you ever experience any tingling in your trap, neck, shoulder area?...I suspect I tore the same muscle a year ago...that area looks and feels bigger/ swollen and I have tingling in the above areas.......kvh

I haven't noticed nerve damage, my pain doesn't go to shoulder or any other area besides upper trap. I didnt have any swelling or redness at injury site, i had weakness in that area when i tried to keep exercising on that day when this happened.

I might try MK-677 and Ostarine to see if that can help heal it in some way.

Have you had any imaging in that area or nerve study?

I've partially torn both pecs, my right tricep and full ruptured my left bicep and had it reattached. I can train without pain. They all essentially healed, but I do train much lighter and just use higher volume. Have no desire to go through a 5th one.

Yup!!! I hear you there man. I tore my left pec (grade 2tear) which isn’t the worst one but still definitely side lined me for a hot minute. That was 3yrs ago and it took me a solid year to regain full useage with lifting. I was still able to manage performing my duties (army) but I will say having a plate carrier and a ruck fully loaded put a lotta strain on recovering from it. PRP is a true god send. I’ve had that done a year and a half ago on my elbow and am planning now for it on my left shoulder (I’m week 6 in recovery from labrum surgery.whoot whoot for “con leave” from the army lol). I’m hoping prp along with bpc157 will help greatly. Have you looked into bpc157? You should give it a whirl.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131