advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

patk ,question for you if you don't mind...

Iabadman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know that you either train or have trained with Matt Duval. I just saw the new flex ,and I was curious as to if Matt really does use Trevor Smith 's BFT training or not? I know that he is a strong fucker and I just wanna know if these were the methods he really used [ and how strong Matt is - he supposed to be a beast ]. If he did use this method , did you enjoy imploying this style as well? Could you give an example of how you guys workout together?[ an actual workout] And did he say Trevor was as strong as he claims he is ? I know that you have said that Matt is a great guy and I truely do wish you ,as well as him nothing but success and happiness. i would like to hear your imput ........Take Care bro.......

Last edited:
Yeah bro.....Mat and I still train together and yes he is a beast! From what I understand Trevor is a quite a beast too, very strong! It's kinda hard to give you an exact training routine, as we literally change our workouts weekly. We do use some of Trevors beyond failure principals though. We generally add the principals in at the end of a workout, usually when we are doing 2 body parts, such as back, bis or chest tris, ect. We'll hammer the larger muscle groups with heavy weight, but good form. We do alot of super sets and drop sets, very minimal rest between sets, SUPER HIGH INTENSITY! During our workouts we usually don't talk, because we're training so intense that we're breathing to heavy to speak :) Here is an example:

Back and Bi's

Start hanging from pull up bars to get a good stretch for 3 sets.

Hammer Strength Pull downs, one arm.

4 sets up and 1 drop on the 4th set, on the drop we'll do 3 drops and 2 forced reps on each drop.

Bent over rows

3 heavy working stright sets

Hammer Seated rows, one arm

3 straight sets, 1 drop set.....3 drops, two forced reps each drop.

Super set,

Close grip pull downs w/ pull ups.....3 sets both to failure.

Finish with 4 sets dead lifts ( rack pulls )

Bi's

Preacher curls

2 warm up sets
4 working sets to failure
2 drop sets with 4 drops, 2 forced reps on each drop.

Done.

We do the bft on the drop sets usually. Like I said before though, we change are training often. This is just an example, I can give you another if you'd like that would involve more of the bft principals.

Btw, Mat and Trevor are talking again.....whatever happed before they have put behind them.

Take care,
patk

I forgot

In addition we always pre exaust each muscle group before hitting it with heavy weights. This works very well. The only thing is that you're not as strong when doing your heavy movements, but the muscle is full of blood by then and hitting the heavy weights then is more effective for building size. We always pre exaust no matter what our workout consists of.

patk

Ive been doing alot of this type of stuff too lately. Its kind of new to me-I always just went heavy (what was heavy for me!). The added intensity of drop and rep sets kills.

matt was a beast when i saw him..

i had dinner with him and testy right before the NOC a few years ago..at the diner right at the coner by the beacon theater.

matt was a truly nice guy...

good thing he got away from cole....lol

I too do about the same routine, but I only do drop sets every 4th week or so. BUt I change my workout just about every week...not so much the body parts but the exercises and reps and sets.

thanks for the helpful info, I will try the past failure method...way way way way way past failure

patk,

I knew that I would get a great response out of you and I appreciate the time that you took to respond . Sure , anymore details that you would care to share would interesting to me and I am sure to others on the board.Could you ask Matt if he believes that Trevor can really do a 765 smith incline, 675 close grip smith bench , 585 smith military , ect....? I like Trevor[a good guy ,I have met him a couple of times and I have some friends that know him pretty well], and I am not trying to be a dick and discredit him , it is just that I find those lifts a little hard to believe .[ kind of like some of the old muscle -tech Kovas ads] I have seen some strong fuckers in my life , but no one close to that strong. [ Ronnie Coleman couldn't touch one of those lifts] I am glad to hear that Trevor and Matt are talking again ,and I am sure that relationship will benifit both of them. Shit , patk .You keep training with Matt and we are going to being seeing articals in Flex about you as well . I can say I know you ....right? ....LOL! I also would like to know what Matt most impressive lifts are if you don't miind ? [ something to shoot for ] I know that he goes 310 plus in the off season and has to be strong as fuck .[ I heard someone in Vegas say that he he has done a 610 raw bench] Thanks for sharing patk and I will leave you with a couple of things. First , I have to admit that after viewing the pictures in Flex that Matt truely derserved winning the Nationals [ hands down ] And I appoligize for saying otherwise [ teaches me to keep my mouth shut ] , he really looked great and must have busted ass to achieve what he did.[ I can't believe how much his front lat spread improved] And second, I am a fan of all high level physiques , but Matt has earned himself a true fan . Anyone that is cool enough to be friends with and train with with a cool bro like you patk ,must be very cool and deserves everything that he gets and has my support [ if it matters] Like I said before , my best to both of you.....Thanks for replying....

Iabadman

No problem bro, I'm glad I could give you some helpful info. As far as Trevor's strength, I'm not sure about numbers, but Mat does say that he's one of the strongest guys he's ever trained with and Mat has primarily trained with power lifters through alot of his training. Mat himself has trained using powerlifting for a long time and is definately strong as fuck! Although after a couple of injuries, most recently his car accident last year where he nearly lost his arm, he has had to learn to train differntly using alot less weight, feeling the movements and not worried about the weight......which even at that is still a shitload more weight than most people put up:confused: LOL, I don't know if you'll see me in flex anytime soon....but yes you can say you know me if I am:D Mat, actually mentioned me in the new MD (march). That was cool.......I feel special :D Next month he is on the cover of MD and is in about half the magazine, he got alot of credit and attention, which is well deserved. Also, thank you for all the kind words and support towards Mat and myself, it does matter and is much appreciated. Drop me a PM with your email and I'll keep in touch, take care bro!

patk

patk

you have a PM bro. Thanks for everything . I will look foreward to hearing from you . Take care my friend, I hope all is well .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131