over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Paulo almeida tears his bicep video.. Ouch

you have to train for what your competing in or there is a great chance of injury.... Powerlifters go in and train for singles, doubles, triples.... as a bodybuilder that is use to rep ranges of 8-20, if i try to go 1 rep max or max double a lift just 1 weekend for shits and giggles, bad things will probably happen (well they did actually 2 years ago when deadlifting and herniated my L1, haven't been below 6 reps since)....

you can't blame super league or form for that injury w his Bicep, he didn't even do 1 rep, was setting up,.... i will almost guarantee he wasn't properly warmed up... and for those saying not safe, i would disagree... id say a lot safer bouncing off a cushion squat then free weights going to rock bottom to death and get canned if tired... the machines are all adjustable,they adjust them for each competitor... the squat is setup to hit parallel w whoever on it.. the only one i don't understand is the dumbbell fly exercise selection they did, super chance of injury if competing there... no clue why they wouldn't pick like an incline machine press instead :confused::confused::confused:

This type of training is awesome imo... 12 rep competitions on different exercises and body parts...progressive overload of weight and repsssss... if everyone did this in every gym, guaenteeeeee a lot bigger stronger guys around ..

Feel bad for Paulo, he is a cool dude and competitor and wish him the best of recovery...

Last edited:
exactly big massive dudes doing this jerky movements with rediculous amount of wt is asking for trouble.

Rich Fronning will be able to do this stuff just fine. His body size & neuromuscular coordination is on a diff note.

Paula is little bigger then Fronning & not as supple & Flexible as Fronning that's a given!

I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with training for 7.5 years. come on. Its not like you were doing Dorian's heavy duty set with negatives & forced reps with TOTAL control & it tore. that's the nature of Heavy duty training. I get it if you tore doing Dorians style training, that stuff you can't help if anyone embraces HIT method.

This is ballistic movement stuff what Paula was doing.

anyway wishing him a speedy recovery. get well soon the freak.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

100%....its jerky movements.....

its STUPID....

I'm really out of things, I have no idea what super league is.

Anyway, damn that shit looked rough.

wish him a speedy recovery.

Major changes happened between SuperLeague 1 and 2 & 3.

I am a competitor.

Bouncing reps no longer count, nor do reps that don't go thru a full ROM. It will get better and more strict with time.

Injuries happen in sports.

SuperLeague is a scored sport, not a judged pageant.

One of my major concerns is SEO use in the SuperLeague.

50% of your score is performance based (lift total/bodyweight) and 50% is measurement based (upper body to waist, lower Body to waist, upper body to lower Body).

We all know drastic size gains can be achieved with SEO, but I'm wondering if that could be a contributor to muscle tears???

guy spotting him should have his bi torn off

I'm really out of things, I have no idea what super league is.

A competition that has 2 rounds: Physique round where the profiles are judged without muscular poses, and the round of exercises with different machines.

dont want to be negative nancy but....

an injury like that at Paulo's age and for anyone for that matter can be a career ender. suuuucks.
i partially tore my right distal bicep and pretty much ended serious competition for me.
-F2S

an injury like that at Paulo's age and for anyone for that matter can be a career ender. suuuucks.
i partially tore my right distal bicep and pretty much ended serious competition for me.
-F2S

What exercise were you doing when you tore your bicep?

Paulo seems like legit nice guy and really hate to see that happen. Wish he could have found his spot in bodybuilding a little earlier in life because he is definitely a freak.

I used to train with a guy who was alternate Olympic weight lifter and stuff he did would have absolutely broke me, at 180 he would dive bomb front squat 500 completely raw(no belt or wraps). He could do it with no warm up, you could just say hey show him how you can squat 500 and he'd just load bar up and do it. I can't even jump with out first saying a little a prayer first

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity