over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Paying for membership at a friend's gym

Jimmy Smith

Newbies
Does anybody on here train at a gym owned by one of their friends? If so, does that friend make you pay a membership fee? My friend, who owns the gym where I train, and I have been going back and forth on this issue for several weeks. Even though I explained to him that money was tight due to the fact that I needed to put up a certain amount of cash every month to pay for a special herbal medication that I require on a daily basis, he insisted that I should be paying. I gave in recently and I have not let it affect the friendship. The guy treats me good. He even recently got a couch in the reception area of the gym so that I would have someplace to chill after I get my workout in. I just wanted know what you all thought about this issue.

Do yourself a favor

Keep business and friendship as seperate as possible.You will be better off in the long run.Even if the friend said don't worry about it and let you workout for free,its is upon you as a gentleman to suggest you pay no matter what.It is the right thing to do PERIOD.

Phil sprung for a couch?!? You must be his best friend ever! I can't even get him to return my e-mails anymore. :(

I agree with BN

I have had many freinds who owned and managed gyms who have always offered free memberships shakes vitamins etc... I always refused. Your freind undoubtably worked hard to come up with the money, secure loans, aquire and maintain equipment etc. Have you invested any time or money in his gym? If you have then maybe you have some grounds to ask. If not, why should you reap the benefits of all his labor/headaches just becuase you know him? Like BN said "It's the right thing to do".

No offense, but it seems really selfish of you to assume you shouldn't have to pay for the membership. Do you think his bills don't have to be payed while you are there? Unless he insists on giving you a comped membership, you really shouldn't bring it up. I'm sure you've created an uncomfortable situation for him now and he feels obligated to "give" you something. I hope you haven't ruined your friendship.

Always pay, no matter what your friend says. he has bills and mouths to feed, even if it is only his own. Like BN said. keep friends and business seperate.

T

Guys, I think this is a joke. Both of Jimmys posts have involved Phil and his new gym.

Hahahaha

I didn't see it at first but....Does this mean the "special herbal medication" could be smoked while sitting on the new couch?

What a selfish bastard making you pay gym dues! Your "friend" should let you train for free and also take advantage of any supplements at the counter he might offer ;)

Pay the membership its hard to run a gym big or small I would make my own brother pay. Dont mix business and friendship.

I think he should let AL his friends work out for free. Hell I think he should buy there herbs too and take everyone out to dinner once a month!!!

I do hope this is a joke!! If not he sounds more of a friend to you than you him. :eek:

i always pay or resist freebies.

but then again i'm always offering free shit back to my friends.

so every once in a while we take the offered freebie...

but not too often.

Haahhaahahh

Jimmy Smith said:
Does anybody on here train at a gym owned by one of their friends? If so, does that friend make you pay a membership fee? My friend, who owns the gym where I train, and I have been going back and forth on this issue for several weeks. Even though I explained to him that money was tight due to the fact that I needed to put up a certain amount of cash every month to pay for a special herbal medication that I require on a daily basis, he insisted that I should be paying. I gave in recently and I have not let it affect the friendship. The guy treats me good. He even recently got a couch in the reception area of the gym so that I would have someplace to chill after I get my workout in. I just wanted know what you all thought about this issue.

You got me again JD!! Guys, this is my good friend JD. There really is a guy named Jimmy Smith who acts just like this at my gym. We joke about it all the time. He cant pay me because his weed money will take too big a hit. HAHhhahha He is a good friend of ours, but ALWAYS TRYS TO USE US. WE laugh at him anymore, but this is how he really thinks. DIEZEL666, PM me, I am so sorry. I have stuff to update you on!!!

|--[\\\]>---------- I'm glad this was a joke. but sad thing is, there are ppl out there who really think like this. they think everything should be handed to them.

I had some friend's who opened a skatepark and let their now extended circle of "friends" use the park for free alot of the time. A year later the doors are locked and the friends who milked it dry are angry and can't understand why the park is out of business! They are pissed at the owner for "mishandling" the business! LOL

I have seen people actually get angry, because we had the audacity to charge them for a gyms goods and services! The best thing I can do for the customer, whether they appreciate it or not, is charge them (fairly) for the goods and services and ensure that the business is there for everyone tomorrow.

Last edited:
seriously

my good friend plugged me for over a yr at my old gym was it expected well kind of but thats just how we are i plug him on anything i can in other words my money was no good to him & vice versa

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131