over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Paypal Fraud Help

Need a bit of help/advice on this one guys.

Recently sold a large high quality diamond on ebay, surprisingly went for a good deal.

I put a return clause in there, as its obviously a large purchase I don't want someone to feel screwed over as the color/clarity is effected by the size. Looks less brilliant that what the stats are.

Sent the stone + appraisal + a fair retail appraisal from bailey banks and biddle.

Purchaser wasn't happy, wants a refund. Sends me back the stone. Got it today. Sent me an empty envelope.

The funds clear tomorrow morning and I can transfer them out, should I contact paypal now or transfer the funds out and then contact paypal? After reading up on their fraud prevention it looks like they just about ALWAYS favor the buyer in regards to chargebacks. Don't think he can do a chargeback once I send the money out of paypal.

this sucks but paypal and ebay disputs are favord towards the buyer.iv been there.first if you did not stated in your auction if you accept returns or not.if you put return not acepted.then dont worrie you will win.but if you didnt state yes or no.you will loose.i lost one recently where the customer stated item not as discribe.which was a lie.it was described to the T.even with pic's.but paypal and ebay gave it to them.paypal pays them back then you will be negative in your paypal account.they will send you reminder emails that you are negative.not sure if they tap your account thats linked to it after a while.i ended selling more stuff.so they deduct it from negative till it was positive again.

also contact ebay and paypal ASAP on this .beacuse if this is a newer scam thats around im sure they have heard from a few sellers with the same or similiar problem.this way they can catch it on time and not credit the buyer back.

shipping cost

how much did he pay for the shipping? If there was a big diamond in an envelope it should cost more than a flat empty envelope. Price paid for shipping might be able to identify if there was anything inside the envelope and how much it weighed. Look at the postage.

Paypal will screw you - **broken link removed**

Ok so cancel my card linked to the account, is it possible to delete the bank account info?

Just go to your bank and say that someone stoled your checks and credit card. They will give you new account numbers.

Just go to your bank and say that someone stoled your checks and credit card. They will give you new account numbers.

yeah i think that would be the best way to get your info out of the hands of paypal

Definetly transfer all funds from the account linked to paypal. I would even close it, and open a account with completely different numbers. Also start the dispute process a.s.a.p. Sounds like dude was trying to make a quick buck.

You will not be able to transfer the money.

It takes a few days to clear, and at any time paypal can cancel the transfer.

If the buyer has opened a claim they will hold the money and not allow you to transfer the money.

You need to phone paypal (Do not wait for emails etc from them), weigh the envelope hopefully it weighs bang on what it states proving it was empty, tell paypal this and show it was uninsured etc.

No need to remove your bank/card details they can not touch your account without your permission. But as I said you will not get a chance to withdraw.

Did the envelope show any signs of it being opened?

How far is this person to you?

Always the option of taking them to court or paying them a visit

i went through similar deal with paypal, Did the buyer send the package back with a signature required? you have to do that if the purchase execeeds like 250 dollars. If he didnt you can say you never received the envelope, as far as tranferring funds you can do that because that is what I did. What paypal will do is turn you over to collections and it will go on your credit report. If you dont mind that , then its no big deal. I sold a item on ebay that went for about 500 dollars , I had it tracked but I did not read the fine print and see that i was supposed to get a signature. He claimed he never received the item even though the tracking shows otherwise, so I had to settle with PayPal to get it off my credit report.
The moral of this story is, only use paypal if you are buying.

Through my dealings with paypal, whenever you transfer funds it always takes 2-4 days. I've had many dealings with paypal and got screwed many times. I hate paypal but its easy to make a quick payment. They are actually a part of ebay. So get it all taken care of asap and good luck my friend.

Something just doesn't add up here. If I sold a $40,000 stone and the buyer scammed me. Wouldn't you be doing more than asking advice of PM members? I would have the law enforcement involved, would have had my laywer on speed dial, numerous messages to ebay, and anything else that seems apropriate. I am not saying that you haven't done any of this, but it's not like it's a $500 bracelet or something. I would just think you would exhaust all your resources. Keep us informed and IMO there should be less time on here and more time having this person arrested or something. I apologize as these may be dumb questions or suggestions, maybe I am just missing something. Good Luck.

Hahaha. Are you hiring? That seems like a lot to me but I guess I understand. I wasn't getting on ya, I was just confused. Yeah it seems like the members have a lot of experience with this. Keep us informed. This is very entertaining(sorry) and interesting to read. I wish you all the luck and look forward to hearing the outcome.

LoL, go take some advanced tac courses or have some years w/ deployment history bro :)

No worries man, and yes entertaining but stressful. I feel like Larry from curb your enthusiasm lol.

Good stuff, I already have 12 years invested in electrical. I'm not qualified for yours. But it does sound nice to have no worries being shafted on $40,000. I know what you mean though. Not that your not worried, but you will survive either way. All the best.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws