over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PEA PROTIEN?

muscle_4you

Registered
Someone with the facts about this new thing Vegan athletes are consuming "pea protien"?
Advantage and Disavantages in bodybuilding?

NTR
MUSCLE_4YOU

New?? Lol if you been hiding under a rock for the last decade

It's a nice, complete source of protein. Try it if whey bothers you.

Taste... well, if a pea had an asshole and shit into your mouth. Also as an added bonus, like if that shit was wet, cement consistency. That's about the best I can describe it.

Pea protein is good but it tastes like crap. There are quite a few very good vegan proteins (pea usually the main source) that could be great especially for guys who are lactose intolerant. Many can't have whey due to severe bloating/gas and that may not be an issue with pea protein. It's literally just a case of trying it and seeing for yourself as no one can guess how you will react to something. It's cheap so just buy a small bag and see for yourself. I would recommend going for a chocolate flavour to mask the taste though.

It has been around for at least a decade. It is a decent protein that is very economical. It is slightly gritty but thickens up a shake nicely. I have no issue digesting it. I do combine it with whey/beef protein.

edit: you guys beat me to it.

I pea a lot of protein. The toilet water looks like a foamy soap dish.
Bada boom!!! Ohhh!!! 🤣

It has been around for at least a decade. It is a decent protein that is very economical. It is slightly gritty but thickens up a shake nicely. I have no issue digesting it. I do combine it with whey/beef protein.

edit: you guys beat me to it.

We all pretty much posted at the same time :D W8tlifterty covered everything.

I use unflavored pea protein because I am allergic to milk protein. Taste and smell is terrible most of the time, even if you add half a cup to a cup and a half of other protein. But it is quite pleasant for cream soups. I mix vegetables, broth, and pea protein in a blender - definitely one of my favorites. Especially the options with mushrooms.

Mix with rice protein to complete the amino acid profile, they have a nice overlap.

Benefits of Plant-Based Protein Powders

There are quite a few arguments in favor of using plant-based protein powders. Here are several benefits that may inspire you to add plant protein supplements to your diet:

1) Plant protein powder is more nutrient dense than dairy protein powder. Many plant-based protein powders contain antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and omega-3 fatty acids.

2) Plant proteins are naturally high in fiber.

3) Have a dairy allergy or intolerance? Plant protein is perfect for you.

4) Even if you’re not allergic to dairy, you might enjoy plant-based protein powder because it generally digests more easily than dairy. Many people struggle to digest milk proteins like casein and whey.

5) Plant protein powders are an ideal supplement for vegetarians and vegans who may not get enough protein through the whole foods they consume.

Drawbacks of Plant-Based Protein Powders

You’re probably thinking that plant protein supplements sound too good to be true. They do, however, have their share of negatives:

1) Plant proteins are often incomplete proteins, and therefore should be consumed in combination in order to serve as a complete protein.

2) Some plant-based proteins are high in carbohydrates—not ideal for anyone following a low-carb diet.

3) Plant protein powders are typically more expensive than whey protein.

4) Plant-based protein powders can be gritty in texture and difficult to mix smooth.

There are quite a few arguments in favor of using plant-based protein powders. Here are several benefits that may inspire you to add plant protein supplements to your diet:

1) Plant protein powder is more nutrient dense than dairy protein powder. Many plant-based protein powders contain antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients, and omega-3 fatty acids.

4) Even if you’re not allergic to dairy, you might enjoy plant-based protein powder because it generally digests more easily than dairy. Many people struggle to digest milk proteins like casein and whey.

5) Plant protein powders are an ideal supplement for vegetarians and vegans who may not get enough protein through the whole foods they consume.

You’re probably thinking that plant protein supplements sound too good to be true. They do, however, have their share of negatives:

1) Plant proteins are often incomplete proteins, and therefore should be consumed in combination in order to serve as a complete protein.

2) Some plant-based proteins are high in carbohydrates—not ideal for anyone following a low-carb diet.

4) Plant-based protein powders can be gritty in texture and difficult to mix smooth.

Plant based proteins are usually less bioavailable from my reading.

I lost muscle switching to pea protein for sure. As soon as I fired off the whey I started making gains. Plus the plant based stuff tastes like dog pussy and does not blend up at all. I tried several brands all total shit

I lost muscle switching to pea protein for sure. As soon as I fired off the whey I started making gains. Plus the plant based stuff tastes like dog pussy and does not blend up at all. I tried several brands all total shit
I knew I recognized that flavor from somewhere.......lol.

New?? Lol if you been hiding under a rock for the last decade

It's a nice, complete source of protein. Try it if whey bothers you.

Taste... well, if a pea had an asshole and shit into your mouth. Also as an added bonus, like if that shit was wet, cement consistency. That's about the best I can describe it.
Yes

Bodybuilders are into some weird shit man...

May I ask how you know what dog pussy taste like???

😉😂

If you can't use a whey go with egg protein, pea protein is probably a little better than soy, but that's like saying cat pussy taste better than dog pussy

Plant-Based proteins suck, if you can't digest well casein and whey, stick with solid food.

Plant based proteins are usually less bioavailable from my reading.
I lost muscle switching to pea protein for sure. As soon as I fired off the whey I started making gains.
^^^+1 here

waaay before AAS i had already figured out that i grew very well on red meat
..& back then my goal was to get 1lb per day minimum besides all other food intake

►NOT ALL PROTEIN IS THA SAME;
..are you guys familiar with DIAAS?
Digestible Indispensable Amino Acid Score

►below is a DIAAS chart:
1693745889460.png

^^^+1 here

waaay before AAS i had already figured out that i grew very well on red meat
..& back then my goal was to get 1lb per day minimum besides all other food intake

►NOT ALL PROTEIN IS THA SAME;
..are you guys familiar with DIAAS?
Digestible Indispensable Amino Acid Score

►below is a DIAAS chart:
View attachment 182006

Just the taste alone is enough of a reason to not use it. Pea protein tastes awful and doesn’t mix right.

“Some plant-based proteins are high in carbohydrates—not ideal for anyone following a low-carb diet.”

Thats like saying “some fats are high in protein.” No. No they’re not. And no proteins are “high in carbohydrates.” Protein is protein, fat is fat and carbohydrates are carbohydrates. Vegetables are not proteins. Steaks are not vegetables. Fat has never “turned into muscle” and carbohydrates don’t turn into proteins.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131