advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peak week diet lay out. Please critique :)

drillbit369

Registered
Take a week at my peak week plan. Please Critique

Current supps:

Winstol
M1T
T-3

Alright guys peak week started for me today. My Comp is saturday. Here is my layout for the next week

Mon-Wed: 10 egg whites for breakfast, 6oz of chicken every 3 hrs for 5 meals, 2 cups of green beans divided through out the day. (2 gallons of water daily)(no sodium)

Thurs-Fri: (roughly 25g protein and 50 carbs every meal) 5 egg whites 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast, 6oz tuna and 1 cup of brown rice or sweet potatoe every 3 hrs for 5 meals.(no sodium until friday evening)(half gallon water thursday, 24oz and when needed friday)

Saturday aka game dayyyyy:

Keep adding sodium and if still feeling flat i will add some water until I can get a pump back stage.

Breakfast: 6oz tuna 1 cup oats

30mins prior pre judging: snicker bar or any other fast acting carb in sugar form.

Please critique guys!! I was on a horrible peak week diet last time. A supposed professional had me deplete carbs all week and cut water completely on thursday. To say the least I had never felt so small and flat..... I could not even get a pump to save my life

Don't You think its a little late to be asking? I'd consult a prep guy/coach

Well I posted this a while ago on the forum I spend most of my time on (PHF). There doesnt seem to be too much contest experience over there so i figure I'd get a pretty quick answer here will the huge amount of knowledge.

Also, I do have a coach. He is an ifbb pro and he is the one that set up my last peak week. He got his pro card his first year of competing so I dont think he had too much contest experience. That diet may have worked for him ,but it was horrible for me. I'm actually feeling awesome right now. I just dont want it to go to shit the last 2 days. Ive seen many mixed reviews about depleting water and sodium manipulation. I just wanted to hear some experinces from you guys. Also its not too late. I have nationals in 3 weeks so this show is not too important more like a test run from nationals.

Last edited:
Tapering water like that has never worked well for me. My best results have come from 1 gallon monday, 1.5 on tues, 2 gallons W & Thu, Friday drink like the previous two days but stop water at 6:00 pm. Nothing but rinse and spit until 30 minutes before stepping on stage for prejudging, then I down 8-10 oz.

duuude thats funny you say that. I PM'd him at on phf a little bit ago. It has taken weeks of research and reading to set this up. I just wanted to see what your thoughts were. I feel good about it. My biggest worry is to drop water or not to drop water. I pretty dry already (it may be due to the small amount of Letro I am taking eod) after taking in at least a gallon everyday. I may turn into sand if I drop water lol

Last edited:
duuude thats funny you say that. I PM'd him at on phf a little bit ago. It has taken weeks of research and reading to set this up. I just wanted to see what your thoughts were. I feel good about it. My biggest worry is to drop water or not to drop water. I pretty dry already (it may be due to the small amount of Letro I am taking eod) after taking in at least a gallon everyday. I may turn into sand if I drop water lol

Yeah he should help you pretty good if he sees it, I wanna hire him so bad but I the funds aren't there yet (he is actually pretty cheap) ;)

Really!? I had no idea. I imagine he has a site online where he does this? I may have to look into that. My coach is a good guy and everything ,but it really seems he has a very limited amount of knowledge and 99% of the progress I have made it is because of my own research.

I think the biggest reason why I was so flat last time was because I depleted water. Even after I carbed up and ate everything I could get my hands at golden corral after prejudging I was still ridiculously flat for the night show (could get no pump what so ever). I didn't fill out until I put water back into my body on monday. My coach saw me come in monday and was like WTF!!

Really!? I had no idea. I imagine he has a site online where he does this? I may have to look into that. My coach is a good guy and everything ,but it really seems he has a very limited amount of knowledge and 99% of the progress I have made it is because of my own research.

Sent you some info

Tapering water like that has never worked well for me. My best results have come from 1 gallon monday, 1.5 on tues, 2 gallons W & Thu, Friday drink like the previous two days but stop water at 6:00 pm. Nothing but rinse and spit until 30 minutes before stepping on stage for prejudging, then I down 8-10 oz.

Wow I must have skimmed right over this. Thats for the info man. That makes a lot of since. I will definitely take this into consideration.

Take a week at my peak week plan. Please Critique

Current supps:

Winstol
M1T
T-3

Alright guys peak week started for me today. My Comp is saturday. Here is my layout for the next week

Mon-Wed: 10 egg whites for breakfast, 6oz of chicken every 3 hrs for 5 meals, 2 cups of green beans divided through out the day. (2 gallons of water daily)(no sodium)Thurs-Fri: (roughly 25g protein and 50 carbs every meal) 5 egg whites 1 cup of oatmeal for breakfast, 6oz tuna and 1 cup of brown rice or sweet potatoe every 3 hrs for 5 meals.(no sodium until friday evening)(half gallon water thursday, 24oz and when needed friday)

Saturday aka game dayyyyy:

Keep adding sodium and if still feeling flat i will add some water until I can get a pump back stage.

Breakfast: 6oz tuna 1 cup oats

30mins prior pre judging: snicker bar or any other fast acting carb in sugar form.

Please critique guys!! I was on a horrible peak week diet last time. A supposed professional had me deplete carbs all week and cut water completely on thursday. To say the least I had never felt so small and flat..... I could not even get a pump to save my life

cutting sodium like that isnt a good idea that far out, also the water, everyone will tell you something a bit different since everyone reacts different. i dont cut any water or sodium out at all, if you do it right you will keep getting rid of water all fri night and sat before prejudging.

you say your friend is a ifbb pro, what did he win

I found the golden ticket of info lol

Sorry if it is against the rules to post another thread mods. Just posting some good info if anyone is interested.

Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

It looks like I will be changing a few this...

•keep water high and sodium high until friday before show
•Do not load carbs for 3 days to astronomical amounts
•Use 1 day or day of show to load carbs and dry out simultaneously

I found the golden ticket of info lol

Sorry if it is against the rules to post another thread mods. Just posting some good info if anyone is interested.

Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

It looks like I will be changing a few this...

•keep water high and sodium high until friday before show
•Do not load carbs for 3 days to astronomical amounts
•Use 1 day or day of show to load carbs and dry out simultaneously

i agree with most but some will need more than one day to get the carbs in the muscle. just as i said i dont cut water or sodium out, the day of i only drink as much i need to eat

i agree with most but some will need more than one day to get the carbs in the muscle. just as i said i dont cut water or sodium out, the day of i only drink as much i need to eat

Yea... I read somewhere, last week, that it takes around 48 hrs for carbs to fill you out. I considered starting wednesday because I have an extremely fast metabolism. I think thurday will be just right though.

This is prob what I will stick with....

- keep sodium the same,

- water intake the same (just cut out friday night)

- Start carbing up thursday. Nothing too crazy just around 25g carbs a meal.

- see how I feel saturday morning and go from there on what I need to eat and drink.

I know there is know one way to do it. I just want it to be a lot better than last time .... :facepalm:

cutting sodium like that isnt a good idea that far out, also the water, everyone will tell you something a bit different since everyone reacts different. i dont cut any water or sodium out at all, if you do it right you will keep getting rid of water all fri night and sat before prejudging.

you say your friend is a ifbb pro, what did he win

NPC Junior USA

How you deplete and load in your last week all depends on how depleted/full you are when you go into it. If you are already depleted and you drop all carbs like that you will flatten out more than you can refill in 3 days. Depending on how depleted you are, your carb load would also be heavier or lighter, and this will also affect your water manipulation. You really need someone with an objective eye who can help you judge your approximate glycogen levels.

let me add, I would never deplete on zero carbs.

Last edited:
How you deplete and load in your last week all depends on how depleted/full you are when you go into it. If you are already depleted and you drop all carbs like that you will flatten out more than you can refill in 3 days. Depending on how depleted you are, your carb load would also be heavier or lighter, and this will also affect your water manipulation. You really need someone with an objective eye who can help you judge your approximate glycogen levels.

let me add, I would never deplete on zero carbs.

I took in roughly 60g carbs today and plan on the same for tuesday and wednesday. Now I am thinking 200g-250g thursday and 150-200g friday. I feel good and am still holding some size right now so I think getting up to 300g starting wednesday like I originally planned would be a little too much and cause some spill over.

Not enough food
More carbs
Don't cut water
Don't cut sodium

In fact, you shouldn't be changing much of anything.

You say u look good now, which is probably true bc ur not doing some hocus pocus tricks that don't work

Carbs, fats, sodium, water, you need it all, jus cut back water saturday morning

Don't cut salt

Carb up a couple days in advance so you can lose the bloat u get, that's y u alwy see ppl soft, they are bloated from sitting on their asses for three days "Carbing up"

Think about it, don't u always look best a day or so after Carbing up?

I laid out my peak week in the "stop ruining your contest prep thread" you should check that thread out

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131