YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peak Week Science! "Peak week recommendations for bodybuilders: an evidence based approach"

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm hoping this will help a few folks out!

1. Escalante G, Stevenson SW, Barakat C, Aragon AA, and Schoenfeld BJ. Peak week recommendations for bodybuilders: an evidence based approach. BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation 13: 68, 2021.

This link also gets you there!

**broken link removed**

--------
I'll just cut n' paste from my buddy Guillermo Escalante's post on IG. Couldn't have said it better:

am excited to announce the publication of our article in the BMC Sports Science, Medicine, and Rehabilitation Journal. It is open access, so Google the title and share. This was a collaboration with some of the brightest minds in the field: @fortitude_training@christopher.barakat @thealanaragonand @bradschoenfeldphd . Here are some takeaways on how to interpret our recommendations:

*Since there are many interrelated variables to consider during the peaking process that directly influence each other, specific peak week recommendations are not possible.
*There are significant inter-individual responses to the manipulation of these variables and bodybuilders may have to take different approaches during peak week depending on their circumstances and how their body responds.
*Given the current evidence, we offer the following general recommendations for bodybuilders to help develop individualized peak week strategies that coordinate macronutrient intake, hydration and electrolyte strategies, supplementation, and resistance/endurance exercise regimens.
*These recommendations should not be considered concrete “rules” as there is significant individual variability of how athletes may respond.
*The mock peak week strategies in the figure are presented only as illustrative examples and should not be considered prescriptive dietary, exercise and/or medical advice.
*None of the aforementioned peak week strategies will provide a physique makeover to compensate for a lack of preparation or adherence during the off-season or pre-contest phases of contest preparation.
*Employing peak week strategies are merely a means to achieve superior on-stage competition day appearance by “fine tuning” the body.
*We present this review and evidence-based approach to pre-contest peaking strategies based on the current evidence in the hope it may spark further research.
*https://doi.org/10.1186/s13102-021-00296-y

This link also gets you there!

**broken link removed**

-Scott

You're absolutely welcome, airman!

We've / I've been getting messages on IG from folks who took the study a/o the approach as outlined in my book, put it in use and nailed it on show day. It's the approach I've been using with clients and personally for like 20yr now. (There's an old thread here somewhere on this topic from way back when.)

Tons to say on this topic (the approach, not the finger pointing, drama), and plan on making it a point on social media, too, simply to help with give some exposure to an alternative to the approach that has become so common place.

I remember hearing from Dave Henry and his wife (who used to work backstage for Pro Tan) even 10 yr ago that people were flabbergasted that Dave hadn't used *any* diuretics pre-stage. If you're you're in and out tore up lean, you're gonna be VERY dry, unless something is otherwise very awry physiologically.

-S

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127