over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peak week - skip load vs shit load! Evolved? Fill/spill method

Rome1

Registered
I have read a thousand posts it seems like from Bboy, FF, TP4U, Skip, Zilla, Big A, just to name a few and if you take the time to read these threads you can see that over the years ideas, peak week strategies are constantly evolving! Trial and error. I have read this post below a ton and it seems like it's more along the lines of what Skip has his clients doing currently. Not exact, nor do I claim to know what Skip is actually doing but just an assumption that I've made by reading in between the lines of his more current posts. The fill and spill approach. See below...

DOOGIE DOG
Registered Member

The 3 day carb load is hit or miss. I have seen it work best with the use of diurectics. I do not like diurectics of any form but some fare well. I once tried dyazide and the 3 day carb load and flattened out bigger than shit.

If it was me doing the show I would carb up earlier in the week for a saturday morning show- (carb up monday night, tuesday and wednesday morning) then let water bloat leave. Drop carbs after breakfast on wed. Increase fats to make up for carb cal reductions so glycogen load will remain full and not be used for fuel. This is very important and seems to be the area most people screw up on their precontst prep. Keep water and salt 20-30% higher than norm last 7-10 days. Thursday take in only around 100 carbs early. Friday around 100 carbs early. Do not want to go into ketosis and feel bad last two days before entering show. Lowering carbs will eliminate water bloat! Do a shit load 6 am morning of the show (sat)-pizza or pancakes and syrup if needed. If flat do another shit load 2-3 hours later but dont' bloat up or take in water .

Cut water friday night around 8. Like Big A suggest in his competiton article-"keep in DHT Derivative in form of orals and tren/mast if used". Winny and tren seem to be best to increase androgen pump without causing water retention. Some take out dht derivatives to decrease water retention. I believe thats wrong as drugs like winnie are known for reducing water retention so keep them in until the day of the show.

A little honey or chocolate is great 30 mins before stepping on stage. Some like a few gulps of wine with their pre-stage sugar load to try and further increase vascularity. No water until after prejudging and only tiny gulps if needed! Most can stay with something like rice cakes and peanut butter after pre-judging but if going flat do a small shit load.

Last edited by DOOGIE DOG; 05-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Has anyone tried this? Or have any experience with it? Better worse? How many days out do you start the process? Do you still incorporate depletion workouts? If so, would they be before the carb load days at the begining of the week and then shut the workouts down from there or maybe keep just a couple days of upper workouts in(not depletion workouts)?

I've used that approach many times with my clients and had great success. But I've also had to use other ways of loading carbs,fats,water and sodium depending how the person reacted weeks before leading up to the show. It's all individual based. I normally will run a few trial runs when the client is very lean 3-4 weeks out. Experiment and adjust...

Skip does the refeed throughout the diet I believe. He assesses how the client reacts on (x) amount of food in (y) time. Same day every week.

You shouldn't wing it.

Better yet, why not hire a coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip does the refeed throughout the diet I believe. He assesses how the client reacts on (x) amount of food in (y) time. Same day every week.

You shouldn't wing it.

Better yet, why not hire a coach?

I have hired coached, I'm not saying I wouldn't hire anyone now. Not trying to wing it all, just get more info about peak week.

The very best conditioned guys i have EVER seen on stage, do not do last minute tweaks or mess about, usually they are in phenomenal conditioning a few weeks out and begin eating up to the show, they fill out and look far tighter, they just drop water a little before show.

However i KNOW that not everyone is in the position to be ready so early, so in this case i would def say hire a prep coach if you can as it really can be a total fuck up if you just pull things of the net and try them out , you got a 50/50 chance of it going either way.

Take into consideration if you have been eating certain foods through out your prep , adding in new foods last minute before the show can affect you negatively, in regards to digestion , stomach bloating and condition.

I wasn't trying to turn this into a hire a coach thread. I'm not discrediting anyone or looking for handouts. Just education on the fill/spill method. Jeesh. Lol

You ARE winging it if you haven't tested it every week (like skip does). Even if you meticulously planned it, if you haven't tested it a few times, it's winging it.

Many of my coaches have preferred a trial run a few weeks before the show

John Meadows has an article on his site written by Scott Stevenson on the fill/spill/dry method. It's very detailed.

You ARE winging it if you haven't tested it every week (like skip does). Even if you meticulously planned it, if you haven't tested it a few times, it's winging it.

Many of my coaches have preferred a trial run a few weeks before the show

John Meadows has an article on his site written by Scott Stevenson on the fill/spill/dry method. It's very detailed.

Thx Dave, I will check it out.

That article written by Scott Stevenson on John meadows site is about as detailed as it can get. Thx Dave. Anyone have experience with it?

That article written by Scott Stevenson on John meadows site is about as detailed as it can get. Thx Dave. Anyone have experience with it?

Yes! Well, considering Scott has coached me through prep and I will be using him again... I have experience with that protocol, however tweaked to my specifications. The carb up and dry out strategy is amazing. I did not have one ounce of subcutaneous water on me using that protocol and did not use any Rx diuretics. No cramping and actually felt decent for how dry I was...

If you want to take what is written to another level, talk to Scott and see if you can work something out for a final week peak phase or something...

Shit load works wonders on filling out.

According to my wife I must be an expert at this - she tells me I am full of shit all the time..

Given you are not holding any water...

???? say what? don't understand what you are saying. the shitload will pull water from the subcut. area in order to process all the shit you are eating! as long as you control water you will be dry and your muscles will be pushing against your skin giving you that hard grainy look (as long as you are lean).

???? say what? don't understand what you are saying. the shitload will pull water from the subcut. area in order to process all the shit you are eating! as long as you control water you will be dry and your muscles will be pushing against your skin giving you that hard grainy look (as long as you are lean).

My thought was if you are holding water and eat a lot of sodium you won't drop that excess water...

If I was holding water, I would load on carbs but not have any sodium.

Assuming you are not using a diuretic, then it changes things...

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner