over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peak Week

Ironman2010

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sup guys, i just wanted to run you by my plan for the last week of my competition....and please please chime in if you have anything to say. I always listen and wanna learn new things

Heres the plan. My water + Sodium has been pretty much really high my entire prep...so not much will change there, maybe 1-2ltrs more of water at the beginning of the week

But ill be going into the week on 100g carbs per day

So for sunday,monday,tuesday & wednesday ill keep the carbs at 100g and protein etc the same

Thursday bump the carbs up to 200g, and same on friday. Planning to keep water + Sodium exactly the same on both days, and cut abruptly the water around 10pm Friday

Saturday wake up and have some steak instead of chicken with some potato...bit of fatty meat, i think i react pretty well to fatty food

I wont step on stage till about 4pm, and i only go on ONCE there is no morning or evening show....so i only have to look good for...10 minutes

Now heres the bit im a bit unsure about i was planning on eating around 30g carbs every 2 hours uptill show time, water at very minimal...then about an hour before going on stage getting some food down me that contains alot of sodium....

What do you guys reckon??

This has worked for me pretty well:

Monday - my last ussual workout but higher (15-20 reps), kast day of normal diet (200-300g carbs) last day of any oil based gear I'm taking (test p, masteron, tren, winny too etc), last cardio session etc - normal prep day. 2 gallons water

Tuesday - no training, no cardio, no injections just rest eat and drink. 500-800g carbs (depends on condition I'm). Start orals - winstrol 50mg, anavar 50mg, oxys 50mg (or halo 40mg) proviron 50-100mg, arimidex 1mg. 2-3 gallons water

Wednesday - very light training pump workout (just upper body). Drop the carbs in half - 250-400g/day. Continue orals. 2-3gallons water. adding 50-100mg spirolactone

Thursday - the same as wednesday

Friday - the same as wednesday/thursday - but no training carb untill midday (up to 200 or so), last meal have some fats (eggs or steak), 2-3gallons water, last sip of water 9-10pm

Saturday (show day) - orals, anti-e's and dieretic - as usuall, water - only sipping, 4-5 eggs for 1st meal, then if flat - dry carbs (rice cakes perfect) with some chicken if not - I'm not eating 2-3 hours before show an then have junk food - burgers with cheese, rice cakes with jelly, steak, banana, chocolate etc...at this point very dry and very full, then pump up the 30 or so min before stage - some gatorade, chocolate, jelly etc - sugars few sips of wine

What diuretic did you use bro? have been hearing lots of horror stories about diuretics, looking to stay well away from them

Thanks chef, i had a read of this before....and also read and had some input to another thread from FutureFreak? i think that was his screen name

I like the way magnum does his final week for sure, i thought i had the right kind of concept, e.g. just keeping the carbs the same, water sodium high untill night before, and maybe carbing up slightly the day before the show....and on the day of the show getting some decent sodium rich foods down me....im all a bit confused lol

I know you cant just follow a peice of paper as you also have to see how you are feeling, but this was just a basic kinda plan...

Thanks chef, i had a read of this before....and also read and had some input to another thread from FutureFreak? i think that was his screen name

I like the way magnum does his final week for sure, i thought i had the right kind of concept, e.g. just keeping the carbs the same, water sodium high untill night before, and maybe carbing up slightly the day before the show....and on the day of the show getting some decent sodium rich foods down me....im all a bit confused lol

I know you cant just follow a peice of paper as you also have to see how you are feeling, but this was just a basic kinda plan...

Maybe this might be a good idea, I suggest hiring a trainer (from the board sponser) and he will guide you through just to be safe than sorry :)

Maybe this might be a good idea, I suggest hiring a trainer (from the board sponser) and he will guide you through just to be safe than sorry :)

I dont have the funds bro :( lol

I guess this will have to be a learning curve for me, this has been hard doing my own prep for sure...and very mind-fucking at times as anyone can imagine

I think ill try not to change to much, as thats just asking for trouble....ill play it carefully, but not to carefully. Thanks for your input as ever bud

What diuretic did you use bro? have been hearing lots of horror stories about diuretics, looking to stay well away from them

Spirolactone. It's pretty safe. I was advised to use up to 4 tabs/day, but used only 1 2 2 2/day

Ive been tinkering back and forth with the way Future Freak does his load and it seems basicly fool proof in the sense that you wont spill over and what i have founbd is that i actulay have to add a little more water.

Your salt is in place and the carbs are their you just need move enough water around to get it where you want it.

Granted i still have six weeks to go for my first show (practice run) and im a little behind ive been doing a mock carb load on my refeed days

saturday-wednesday
70g protein , 10g fat per meal and alot of greens
(50g carbs with meal 1)
2 gallons water a day

Thursday-Friday
60g protein , 10g fat (basicly just eggs and tilapia)
2.5 gallons water a day 8g Vit-C
Cut water at 6pm friday night
6pm , 10 iu humolog , 1.5 boxes Devils food cookie cakes (1 box per hr)
9pm , repeat above
5am , asess situation , repeat slin and cookies
7am , asess situation
to dry sip some water
still not full hang out an munch cookies
not dry enough , dyazide.

Ive gotten drier and drier each time ive done this , you will be getting 200+g carbs per dose of slin which is double whats needed , i seem to be able to sip a little more water from 5am maybe 6oz per box of cookies
Each box is 144g carbs , no fat and 12g protein

You will be starting out total carb depleated and the average guy holds around 800g carbs in the liver and muscles , you will be just under this number with your carbs by 7am which will allow you to munch some till you hit the stage and not worry about having to much carbs and spilling over

Ive been tinkering back and forth with the way Future Freak does his load and it seems basicly fool proof in the sense that you wont spill over and what i have founbd is that i actulay have to add a little more water.

Your salt is in place and the carbs are their you just need move enough water around to get it where you want it.

Granted i still have six weeks to go for my first show (practice run) and im a little behind ive been doing a mock carb load on my refeed days

saturday-wednesday
70g protein , 10g fat per meal and alot of greens
(50g carbs with meal 1)
2 gallons water a day

Thursday-Friday
60g protein , 10g fat (basicly just eggs and tilapia)
2.5 gallons water a day 8g Vit-C
Cut water at 6pm friday night
6pm , 10 iu humolog , 1.5 boxes Devils food cookie cakes (1 box per hr)
9pm , repeat above
5am , asess situation , repeat slin and cookies
7am , asess situation
to dry sip some water
still not full hang out an munch cookies
not dry enough , dyazide.

Ive gotten drier and drier each time ive done this , you will be getting 200+g carbs per dose of slin which is double whats needed , i seem to be able to sip a little more water from 5am maybe 6oz per box of cookies
Each box is 144g carbs , no fat and 12g protein

You will be starting out total carb depleated and the average guy holds around 800g carbs in the liver and muscles , you will be just under this number with your carbs by 7am which will allow you to munch some till you hit the stage and not worry about having to much carbs and spilling over

Sounds interesting bro very interesting

I know fats pump me up pretty quick...foods like pizzas and burgers, i literally start feeling it whilst im eating it so im gonna have some stuff on hand if the carbs aint doing the job

IMO no one will get it spot on the first time they are doing it, and everyones body reacts differently....one of my mates competing on the sunday of my show is shit loading friday and saturday before competing on sunday....we'll see how he looks

But ill go ahead with my approach and see how im feeling the final 2-3 days

Im ready to go rock the stage cant wait, best of luck Gunsmith!

In my opinion, if you're ripped... you're ripped. I've done all kinds of different pre-contest loads/depletions, etc., and they've always ended up making me flatter and/or more bloated than my normal gym look. For me, I treat it like any other day, but just cut water the night before and throw in some more carbs/fats in the morning leading up to pre-judging. I think "peak week" is wayyyyyy overrated and if you need "tricks" to get shredded... ur just not lean enough.

I do understand that some people hold a ton of water, but if thats the case, I think something else is just off (supplements, diet, etc.). Diuretics have also done nothing but hurt me in my shows. My best look and only NPC overall win was with zero diuretics, as I stayed full. Some people, on the other hand, seem to need them. Everyone's different, but I'm of the mentality that less is more, and if you throw your body out of whack by messing w/ your macros/water/drugs too much, your body will respond by freaking out and holding water and looking worse in general.

In my opinion, if you're ripped... you're ripped. I've done all kinds of different pre-contest loads/depletions, etc., and they've always ended up making me flatter and/or more bloated than my normal gym look. For me, I treat it like any other day, but just cut water the night before and throw in some more carbs/fats in the morning leading up to pre-judging. I think "peak week" is wayyyyyy overrated and if you need "tricks" to get shredded... ur just not lean enough.

I do understand that some people hold a ton of water, but if thats the case, I think something else is just off (supplements, diet, etc.). Diuretics have also done nothing but hurt me in my shows. My best look and only NPC overall win was with zero diuretics, as I stayed full. Some people, on the other hand, seem to need them. Everyone's different, but I'm of the mentality that less is more, and if you throw your body out of whack by messing w/ your macros/water/drugs too much, your body will respond by freaking out and holding water and looking worse in general.

Your 100% right bro, thats why i intended on changing nothing....just up the carbs a bit, your completely right though...if your lean your lean if not then you didnt put the hard work in through the prep

I just want to be able to come in full-ish without spilling over

Your 100% right bro, thats why i intended on changing nothing....just up the carbs a bit, your completely right though...if your lean your lean if not then you didnt put the hard work in through the prep

I just want to be able to come in full-ish without spilling over

I'd always prefer to be a bit on the flat side before a show, and then carb up really hard with simple sugars (i once ate an entire jar of strawberry jelly lol) right before stepping onstage, because I feel that if you pump up enough/pose hard backstage you can fill up really really fast. Its harder to tighten up, than fill up IMO.

I'd always prefer to be a bit on the flat side before a show, and then carb up really hard with simple sugars (i once ate an entire jar of strawberry jelly lol) right before stepping onstage, because I feel that if you pump up enough/pose hard backstage you can fill up really really fast. Its harder to tighten up, than fill up IMO.

Yep spot on bro, pretty much what i was intending on doing. Definetely them sort of carbs get me feeling good pretty quick. I intend on bringing a variety of things with me, and just seeing how i feel on the day of the show, last year i ended up stuck as i had no food for the last 3 hours before stepping on stage, then i found 2 rice. these rice cakes were the plain sort with 6g carbs per rice cake lol, oh and someone was nice enough to give me to peices of turkish delight, which tasted like shit lol

Dont wanna make the same mistake agian!

Sup guys, i just wanted to run you by my plan for the last week of my competition....and please please chime in if you have anything to say. I always listen and wanna learn new things

Heres the plan. My water + Sodium has been pretty much really high my entire prep...so not much will change there, maybe 1-2ltrs more of water at the beginning of the week

But ill be going into the week on 100g carbs per day

So for sunday,monday,tuesday & wednesday ill keep the carbs at 100g and protein etc the same

Thursday bump the carbs up to 200g, and same on friday. Planning to keep water + Sodium exactly the same on both days, and cut abruptly the water around 10pm Friday

Saturday wake up and have some steak instead of chicken with some potato...bit of fatty meat, i think i react pretty well to fatty food

I wont step on stage till about 4pm, and i only go on ONCE there is no morning or evening show....so i only have to look good for...10 minutes

Now heres the bit im a bit unsure about i was planning on eating around 30g carbs every 2 hours uptill show time, water at very minimal...then about an hour before going on stage getting some food down me that contains alot of sodium....

What do you guys reckon??

So what happened? How lean are you before the last week? The plan sounds very cautious and safe -- I like it.

Would probably suggest loading carbs on Wednesday+ Thursday --- then see how you look on Friday (which is a "drying out day") ---- then Saturday after water has been "controlled" --- and if you are dry and super lean --- itw ould be time to introduce sodium + fats + carbs and pay close attention to condition as it SHOULD only get tighter and fuller.

-FF

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1