advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peaking for a show and drying out, my way.

PUGTHUG said:
Well in the last 3 issues of Flex a couple of pros stated this is what they do so that must be truth??? Right??? :p

Actually, most pros can't hit a peak two times in a row. Years ago guys did it all the time. When I did my first show I cut my water back on Wed night. :( Let me tell you that food was NOT the first thing on my mind after the show. :D

wakejump4me said:
you said you are not using many carbs to load..etc. and it does not take long to get the job done . do you supplement with additional potassium when loading ? or does this simply depends on the choice of food ? what are you recommending to keep /get a good potassium/sodium balance ? when would you start to keep an good eye on that , to not get it screwed up ?

you can PM me if you want

wake

No not usually unless some comes to me late in the game and even then bloodwork would be the best way to know what is goin on. You can cramp from too much or too little potassium depending on whether you are hypokalemic or hyperkalemic.

When I dry someone out I never have to worry about this since I do nothing drastic anyway.

BUMP !!!

JUST SEEN THIS ARTICLE...BEST THREAD I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME...

GREAT STUFF MAGNUM !!!

CHRIS250

chris250 said:
BUMP !!!

JUST SEEN THIS ARTICLE...BEST THREAD I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME...

GREAT STUFF MAGNUM !!!

CHRIS250

Chris - agreed - this is some great info. Thanks for bumping it..

And Magnum, this is amazing info. I missed it the first time around but I'm glad Chris bumped it. POST MORE INFO MAGG!! :)

Thanks guys. Not sure what else to say, but if anyone asks I'll try to answer.

KillerStack said:
I'd be very interested as well. A general guideline would be great to see.

And just a general thought regarding posting diets (not directed at Magnum but from what I've seen on different boards): A lot of trainers don't like to share even general diet outlines and don't want their guys posting their meal plans but why? I hardly see how that would take away from their business. What a good trainer does is manipulate the diet for each individual, to suit their specific needs. It's not like doing some other guys exact diet will work the same for you.

I'm a certified trainer and sports nutritionist. I agree with you Killer stack, every diet should be some what personal to that person. So there is nothing to hide, i find it interesting to see what works for other guys out there. I don't get surprised by much. I have said before there are many ways to get to the same place, just there will always be one way that requires the least amount of effort for that person. I have used many different methods on my self just testing some out. when it comes to dieting, it seems they have all worked on me to similar degree's, but they all required different effort and eating habbits.

We have to remember there is a perfect way to train, and a perfect way to diet, and a perfect way to dry out 100% of the time for a certain INDIVIDUAL. That is why you see athletes evolve over time, they are fine tuning there diets until they nail it every year. A good trainer will make it his goal to learn a persons body with them and teach them about it as they learn it.

Great post Magnum.

I actually read a similiar artilce and it stated if you are flat on contest day drink some water and take some sodium and the water will follow and fillout the muscles and do not take in more carbs that this is a common mistake.
Whast your thoughts about this.

post around here are going down the shitter, so i thought i would bump a good read!!!! :headbang:

I remember last year I was chugging a concoction 45 minutes before I hit stage, and everybody was freaking out, like my lord he will spill...never spilled;)

A dehydrated muscle is different than a dry muscle. Dehydrated muscles looks stringy and a dry muscle looks like granite. Yes, you need to watch water intake, but what the hell is gonna happen in less than 45 minutes if you already dry and lean to the bone...a bit more fullness possibly...your body will dry back out before the night show if you play it right. If not dry, then hell that is on you :)

I went for the fuller look this year as a Light Heavy, did this on my own to see how it looked, did my condition look a bit less, well yes, but I saw progress with muscle mass and that was my testing the waters so to speak...still along ways to go in my opinion, this thread was a good topic...sometimes it is easier to just hire someone credible to keep your mind at ease and let them do the dictating.

Last edited:
Great post Magnum.

I actually read a similiar artilce and it stated if you are flat on contest day drink some water and take some sodium and the water will follow and fillout the muscles and do not take in more carbs that this is a common mistake.
Whast your thoughts about this.

Never got this answered...

ANY THOUGHTS ANYBODY.

did Magnum imply he started off his people with 20-30g carbs 16 weeks out or was that joke? sure hope so...

FF

Thanks for bringing this up again Q.

Haven't seen Mag around here for a long time. Some of the debates that would fly with him and Skip, Dante, and others were/are classics.

Miss those days when all the threads weren't so noob related or just about what cycle dosages to take etc.

Haven't seen Mag around here for a long time. Some of the debates that would fly with him and Skip, Dante, and others were/are classics..

I'd like to see Magnum and Ross debate on dieting strategies

It makes so much sense the way it seems Magnum does it.

You go low carb with a carb up every so many days/week.

You are doing it this way for months then when it comes time for your show you already know how your body is going to react to a carb up, water depletion etc.

So you aren't sitting there a week out second guessing your coach, yourself etc.

It makes so much sense the way it seems Magnum does it.

You go low carb with a carb up every so many days/week.

You are doing it this way for months then when it comes time for your show you already know how your body is going to react to a carb up, water depletion etc.

So you aren't sitting there a week out second guessing your coach, yourself etc.

I wonder how quickly you could recover from the rebound though , i mean could this be done every other week?
Its seems that you would probably get lean each time too

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner