over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peanut as a weight gainer

fitnessmuscle

Registered
Question will peanut butter help put weight on ? I know it's mostly a fat source but I can't think of a more calorie dense food than pb , one giant heaping tablespoon is around 350 calories each , just curious about pb

Question will peanut butter help put weight on ? I know it's mostly a fat source but I can't think of a more calorie dense food than pb , one giant heaping tablespoon is around 350 calories each , just curious about pb
PB is a great calorie- dense food in moderation. It contains a lot of omega 6 and PUFAs (which are inflammatory), so be sure to add fish oil & olive oil to your diet to balance the omega ratios.

It doesn't have to be butter, you can eat nuts, and I'd rather have walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds than peanuts. You can also use olives.

Yes it works. My father grew up 3rd world nation poor and his mother used peanut butter to get calories in the kids. I grew up eating it on everything as a kid.

It may not be all good weight, but hell yeah. In the 1990's, to get past 230 and reach 250 in weight when I was powerlifting, a typical meal would be 2 pb and honey sandwiches, an orange, a shake (two scoops of ice cream, 2 scoops of regular crap whey protein powder, 5gms creatine monohydrate, and a banana with a cuisinart). Insulin, hGH, IGF1 weren't even available to me. Mostly just deca, anadrol, and dbol not much else. I did that for at least 2 years. Can't even remember. I remember drinking Amino Fuel (the disgusting liquid maybe you older guys remember) right from the bottle. 🤢

Peanuts and peanut butter is definitely a high calorie option but the increase in fat also slows digestion which can make getting more meals in harder.

id prefer healthier fats like avocado and olive oil , swallowing 20-30 mild is pretty easy , also if you are eating potatoes and rice adding a healthy serving of grass fed butter works as well.

try adding some regular strawberry jelly to your rice , 3oz of smuckers jelly is about 50g carbs , add that to a cup of white rice and you double the carbs/calories without adding hardly any volume or slowing digestion.

another option which I've been doing (because I can't digest he protein) is adding amino's to you water , while it's not nearly the calories that peanut butter is , it's better than nothing

It is calorie dense and doable. It is really not a nut but a legume which is an edible seed. But i think real nuts are a better source of calories from a nutrition standpoint along with healthy oils. Most of the podcasts where i see Pro's talking talk about almond butter and the such as far as nut butters.

sure it will work, my problem with pb is i cant stop eating the shit, almost every night a couple hours before bed i eat it with cottage cheese.
Wow.....I've choked down some pretty nasty protein drinks but I don't think I could stomach THAT combination.

It may not be all good weight, but hell yeah. In the 1990's, to get past 230 and reach 250 in weight when I was powerlifting, a typical meal would be 2 pb and honey sandwiches, an orange, a shake (two scoops of ice cream, 2 scoops of regular crap whey protein powder, 5gms creatine monohydrate, and a banana with a cuisinart). Insulin, hGH, IGF1 weren't even available to me. Mostly just deca, anadrol, and dbol not much else. I did that for at least 2 years. Can't even remember. I remember drinking Amino Fuel (the disgusting liquid maybe you older guys remember) right from the bottle. 🤢
Amino Fuel, if it's the one that tasted like carrion I remember it well lol. But at that time I didn't give a shit how it tasted as long as it was working 😀

Amino Fuel, if it's the one that tasted like carrion I remember it well lol. But at that time I didn't give a shit how it tasted as long as it was working 😀
That's the one. I dosed up heavily on Twinlab Amino Fuel and EAS Creatine Monohydrate.

Worst protein source hands down was a product put out by Hoffman in the 60's and 70's "Hoffman Protein by the sea" Made from fish heads and parts. Tasted and smelled like dead fish

I don't think pb would be bad for digestion, it's calorie dense, jist mix it with something. I think guys screw up their digestion by over eating, eating too much volume, and taking prescription meds that wreck their digestion.

A common theme I'm seeing is the guys who struggle with digestion take a few prescriptions.

I don't think pb would be bad for digestion, it's calorie dense, jist mix it with something. I think guys screw up their digestion by over eating, eating too much volume, and taking prescription meds that wreck their digestion.

A common theme I'm seeing is the guys who struggle with digestion take a few prescriptions.
Add OTC pain pills, iron supplements and many other OTC products to that list as well as artificial sweeteners for some. Dexter Jackson says he had to stop fake sweeteners. Many just don't get the right prebiotics in to start with either so digestion is hampered.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131