over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peanut Butter Fans Rejoice!?!?!

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
Peanuts don't make you fat

Somehow the human body uses the energy from peanuts in a different way than energy from other foods. Either it doesn't absorb all the energy the peanuts have, or it burns the calories quicker, according to an experiment that nutritionists at the University of South Australia have published in Nutrients.

Source: Nutrients | Free Full-Text | Effect of 12 Weeks High Oleic Peanut Consumption on Cardio-Metabolic Risk Factors and Body Composition

Public Service Announcement: Dont let this bit of interesting science "enable" you to let yourself gorge on high fat, calories dense PB more often than you should! It's still cal dense and still fat!

Also, if the PB you are binging on contains anything more than peanuts and salt, good luck with that!

Last edited:
peanut butter doesn't make you fat...its the fact that you cant eat just one tablespoon lol

i cant have in my house, id eat the whole jar

It's funny how a study comes out saying red meat is bad for you and bodybuilders say "studies" are dumb and write it off, but something comes out that justifies eating something delicious and we count it as a victory haha.

I don't believe PB is a great food choice myself. People with fast metabolisms can use it and not get fat but overall I think it's one of the foods we justify because it tastes like heaven.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Im not discrediting the article btw, just thought it was a funny comparison

It's funny how a study comes out saying red meat is bad for you and bodybuilders say "studies" are dumb and write it off, but something comes out that justifies eating something delicious and we count it as a victory haha.

I don't believe PB is a great food choice myself. People with fast metabolisms can use it and not get fat but overall I think it's one of the foods we justify because it tastes like heaven.

I agree. When dieting, its generally a good idea to stay away from super calorie dense, higher fat items like this that you can quickly consume way too many calories in.

I am going to have to disagree with you guys...natty pb is a staple in my diet and the fat keeps melting off. Tastes great and is a very satiating fat. However, I actually eat to my macros and measure out my TBSP's. Clearly you could overeat on this, but how is that different than anything else?

I am going to have to disagree with you guys...natty pb is a staple in my diet and the fat keeps melting off. Tastes great and is a very satiating fat. However, I actually eat to my macros and measure out my TBSP's. Clearly you could overeat on this, but how is that different than anything else?

Ya I mean if you are within your macros, no harm. It's just really easy to overdo it with peanut butter. I can stand in front of the cupboard and eat that shit with a spoon.

I love Trader Joe's cashew butter too. I'm not sure it falls under this aura of magic that peanuts do because the whole reason for this result is that peanuts have higher oleic levels (very close to olive oil). To be fair, they used high-oleic peanuts in the study. You can bet your peanut butter uses the cheapest shit regular peanuts money can buy! lol. Even less reason for this study to have direct "real world" application to your family size Jiff consumption per week.

higholeicpeanuts.gif

The researchers used high-oleic peanuts. These contain slightly less saturated fat and les polyunsaturated fatty acids than ordinary peanut, and more monounsaturated fat. The fatty acid composition of high-oleic peanuts strongly resembles that of olive oil.

Last edited:
I love pb but I have a slow metabolism and have to take it easy with fat intake. I used to have a pb addiction, but until I started going with a lower fat diet overall it was hard to get really lean.

I get organic almond butter from Whole Foods. I only eat 1 tbsp pre workout with cream of rice/wpi. Shits amazing. Not gonna lie, i always write down the price code for the regular almond butter and not the organic!!!

I have often eating whole jars of pnb in one hit (2700 calories). Didn't do the damage it should have, exept mabey to the ozone layer lol. My farts were fucking evil next day

well

Then can anyone say the all natural peanut butter diet?!?

The peanut butter group DID gain fat during the 12 weeks, just not as much as expected. No free lunch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The peanut butter group DID gain fat during the 12 weeks, just not as much as expected. No free lunch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I hate pnb threads. All I Can think about now is going to the supermarket to buy pnb. Can't we talk about steroids or something instead 😢

Last edited:
My favorite cheat snack is rice cakes smothered in natty peanut butter..Oooh yeah

Hell ya

All great info guys .. i take natty pb and mix it with coconut oil and put in fridge till stiff.. simply awesome..pro

All great info guys .. i take natty pb and mix it with coconut oil and put in fridge till stiff.. simply awesome..pro

Natural or unnatural. Mix it with nothing. Refrigerate or not. I love it.
Here ya go:
cut up some bananas and freeze them. Put 2 bananas, a big scoop of whey, and 4 raw eggs in the blender with milk or half and half cream. 1/2 cup PB. 1/4cup sugar. Blend and slurp.
or
cook up 2 cups of oats.. Stir in 1/2 cup PB and 1/4 cup honey. Eat.
Not for daily consumption when cutting.

I love peanut butter. Great Article.

So if i ate half a bottle of peanut butter a day, i won't gain fat but build muscles???

Hahahah LOL. It would be interesting if some of you guys who are big peanut butter eaters can share your experience. Perhaps there's truth to this.

When I was much younger and bigger I could get away with more, burned a helluva lot more... 1/2 jar a day when bulking, and I stayed under 15% bf @ 275-280. At my age I can't afford more than about 3K cals a day without smoothing out, so PB is strictly a cheat food.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131