over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

peanut butter while dieting?

balplayer

Banned
I have read numerous times that some add in a teaspoon of peanut butter with meals or shakes while they are still dieting. I myself am dieting and am 11 weeks out. I am unsure to try this as im not sure of its benifits. Can someone in the know elaborate on this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joshua

yeah i have always heard that the "Natiral Peanut Butter" made by smuckers is supposed to be the best for dieting purposes, because it has good fats in it and supposed to have less shit it in.. im sure a few tables spoons per day in the protein shake wouldnt hurt at all.

Todd

well will it have any benifit is what im asking? looking flat all the time because of my low carb caveman diet sucks

I use adams 100% natty crunchy when i use peanut butter but u gotta get the reduced sodium version. I do well with peanut butter

nat peanut butter is definitly prefered by bodybuilders however it taste terible to me. the best for taste is Soy PB.

ehhh soy my ex gf was a vegeterian lol i hate that stuff period. theres something just not right about a hamburger without meat

natty pb worked great for me too. I ate it up until 2 days before my show. Smuckers has too much sodium, try to get a natty pb without any sodium.

hardbodygrl said:
natty pb worked great for me too. I ate it up until 2 days before my show. Smuckers has too much sodium, try to get a natty pb without any sodium.
How did your show go HBG?!?

xcel

placed 2nd in my class Xcel:) so now i will be getting ready to do the Jr Nats in June:)

PB is fine.....

Like most bros said, natural unsalted PB is the way to go. I also like no salt Almond Butter but it's very sweet tasting and is an acquired taste to some. Reason you can use it is it's a decent protein/good fat source and has barely any carbs and no sodium (if you decide to buy the no salt version). At the begining it was nasty but now I've been using it for over 5yrs. and don't mind the taste. I still love Super Chunk Skippy, lol.

Shock

I don't think the pb will help you when it comes to looking flat. How's your diet coming? RU still progressing? If you are 11 weeks out, I'm suprised you are keeping your carbs so low already, which is obviously flattening you out. RU carbing up every 4 days or so to keep your metabolism firing? This is what I've been doing and it seems to be working decently.

Where's Dpsquat???

OMG! Where's Dpsquat? He's the king of peanut butter eating while on the diet. He'll sneak a spoonfull here and there.LOL I'm sure he'll post to this thread once he see's it.

strunk you dog

Yes i believe im the KING of the peantbutter people! "Dont tell wylde" Oh i eat my fair amount of it EVERYDAY! I think though that i should slow down cause im get lean to fast while eating it!

I have mine

EVERY night before I go to bed on a celery stick. I try to limit it to just 2-3 tblsp.
Sometimes I get carried away and have about dbl that. My girlfriend finds out and always yells at me. LOL.
We're both dieting and getting ready for shows in the next few months and since she can't cheat at all on her diet and she loves PB, she gets mad at me when I have it. lol.
I never really craved or liked it that much before I diet, but now it is like a godsend!

Re: I have mine

mike man said:
I never really craved or liked it that much before I diet, but now it is like a godsend!
Amen! :D

xcel

yes im a, going low carb early in the diet, but you see i feel like im cheating myself if i dont. last time i dieted like they did in the biblical times i mean it was serious shit, and it paid off cause i won my show, so now i feel like anything short of that is cheating. but what i need to learn is the concept of cycleing the carbs, like queefer said every 4th day or something. cxan i eat bread or just eat more complex carbs such as potatoes and rice. if rather starve then eat rice though. all ive been eating carb wise is saltine crackers here and there, but im getting dizzy and shit cause no carbs. help me !

the low thing keeps me really flat as well. im extremly inulin sensitive. i did a famous skip shitload 5 wks out from my show, ate everything in site and was in serious pain!(nilla wafers, ice cream, crackers, baking chocolate, white choc hershey kisses, pop tarts, fixed a few bags of muffins... i mean i was hurting so bad i couldnt sleep!) i monitered my blood sugar every hour and did not use insulin at all, and my blood glucose reading topped out at 122. after a 2 hour break from 6 hours non stop feeding frenxy it dropped to 102!

so anyway, exept for post work out each meal has 15 carbs, coming from 1 rice cake w/ 1 tblspn PB. it keeps me full with veins jumping everywhere, and strength is still up as well. pulled a 545 DL the other day with just 45 carbs in me.

overall the diet layout is a 44%pro/31%carb/25%fat for 2400 cals.
its working great for me. hope it helps u.

Couple thoughts...

Big byrd. Normal blood glucose levels after fasting for 12 hr are 80 - 100 mg / dl, so you weren't all that high at 122

Balplayer. Why not just do what you did before, if it worked?... Maybe it was overkill, which you're trying to remedy with the peanut butter.

As far as getting low sodium peanut butter, I would't worry about that until the week before the show (or whenever you start your water manipulation). Low carb diets are dehydrating, and some people find that they need to actually supplement with extra sodium. Dropping your sodium will only make you feel shittier. It sounds like your dizziness might indicate that you're in ketosis, which makes sense if the only carbs you're having are the occasional saltine. (Interesting that you chose saltines - maybe your body is telling you it wants more sodium?...) If ketosis is your goal, many people find that after the first couple weeks of it, it becomes more tolerable. If not, you'll need about 100g of carbs / day to keep you out of ketosis...

-Randy

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08