YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peanutbutter digestion , how much can you absorb ?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So at some point lastnight I woke up and ate about 2/3 of a jar of peanut butter , my gut feels awfull this am. I'm not concerned that it wrecked my diet but it got me to wondering at what point would the body stop absorbing the fat and just try to "get it out"

I mean could the body realy absorb 150-200g of fat if eating at once ??

I'm known to take down half a jar most nights in the off-season so now you have me wondering the same thing. I literally go through withdrawals the first couple weeks of contest prep when I can't do that anymore haha.

Emeric told me once that Peanut butter is very poorly digested...just look at your stools (gross i know)...and that almond butter is a much better choice.

haha bro i have done the samething and wondered the samething.

Emeric told me once that Peanut butter is very poorly digested...just look at your stools (gross i know)...and that almond butter is a much better choice.

Yea I know it's not nearly as good as almond butter , it was actualy my wife and son's peanutbutter as generally only use almond butter and I mix in whey protein to make it alot thicker .
I did a "poop check" this AM and it pretty much looked like peanutbutter.

I was just courious how much of that fat actualy made it into the body before just getting crapped out.

It pisses me off that I did this because I never do anything in my sleep. Year before last I wrecked a pack of Oreo cookies and a pack of fat free hotdogs on an unknown trip to the kitchen.

I know that you can't undo weeks of dieting by just fucking up one meal even if it is 1500-2000 calories of shit as I think the body will only suck up so much then just reject the rest

what is ur guys take on power butter or cashew butter compared to almond butter. I love cashew butter, and juts bought 2 jars of powerbutter to try out. for those of u that don't know about power butter it's made with eggwhites and omegas and other stuff and it's 4 tbsp for 24 grams pro and 19 grams fat I beloved with around 350 cals. just wondering if any of u use it, or what u think about either thanks.

Haha, we are all in the same boat. I've wondered this many times too. I've killed my fair share of nut butter tubs in the middle of the night. I have to have my wife put our nut butters in a lock box and hide them from me, otherwise I would screw my diet up every day, haha.

So, back to the original question... It's been my impression that the body simply can not digest all of that fat at once. However, I could be totally wrong.

Also, I much enjoy making my own nut butters. My favorite is coconut/macadamia nut butter. You just take the shredded unsweetened coconut a put it in the food processor for about 5 minutes or so. Adding a bit of coconut oil can help too. Then drop in the macadamia nuts and continue to process. Sometimes I'll throw in some liquid egg whites and vanilla protein powder... Maybe a little bit of walden farms 0 cal syrup.

Some of my other favorite combos are: walnut/macadamia/coconut, walnut/almond/pecan, walnut/macadamia/almond... really any combination is good... And on occasion, I will throw in some peanuts or cashews.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131