advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peanutbutter recall? Are you guys having eating it?

musclehealth

Registered
This is my dilema. I drink 3 shakes and eat 4 meals a day. My shakes contain peanutbutter ( alot!!!). I got extremely sick a week ago. Throwing up, diahrea, high temps, headache and dissyness. I was a mess and almost thought I was gona die for a second. Someone told me they had a recall on PB. Could there be a chance it was related? Also...what can I use in place?

nah, that peanut butter scare is such bullshit. Same thing with Peter Pan a few years back, everybody flipped out. What happens is some person with jack shit for an immune system gets sick and then all hell breaks lose. Meanwhile, millions of people remain fine and keep eating it. I had the exact serial number peanut butter that was recalled 3 years ago from Peter Pan. I still ate it, everyone thought I was nuts. I told them fuck it, if I already ate half of the jar and was fine might as well eat the other half.

eh, it might be worth throwing your old jar out if you got that sick but nothing would stop me from going to the grocery store tomorrow and buying peanut butter.

Oh contraire, it sounds like salmonella. I've had it about 3 times in my life and it was the same everytime. About 6 to 8 hours later, sweats, temp, vomiting like your going to die. Lost an average of 10 lbs of fluid everytime. Throw the crap out, its not something to mess with. I used to own a restaurant and went through a week long food safety course. Its a wonder we all don't get sick from food contamination more often given what I learned.

I was halfway through a recalled peanut butter jar when I found out........
Thank goodness I didn't get sick from it. I guess only some of the recalled jars were infected.

Apparently the Cliff bars contain some of the tainted PB. I had just purchased a bulk amount of those from the local sams club...i ate them anyway at the time to no ill effect.

I make my own peanut butter, a cup of spanish peanuts, cup of virginia peanuts a touch of honey and a blender. works great

Apparently the Cliff bars contain some of the tainted PB. I had just purchased a bulk amount of those from the local sams club...i ate them anyway at the time to no ill effect.

Funny , thats where I got the peanutbutter ...........

my moms just got some of this powdered peanut butter called like just peanut butter it is hella good in shakes and has 85 percent less fat then normal peanut butter

You don't have anything to worry about if it was in a baked product. On the other hand if it had peanut butter topping then it be a problem. I work in the food industry and it has hit the company I work for very hard. We bought material from the plant. Costing big $$ on recalled products.

The company in question filed bankruptcy today and have several lawsuits already being filed against them.

nah, that peanut butter scare is such bullshit. Same thing with Peter Pan a few years back, everybody flipped out. What happens is some person with jack shit for an immune system gets sick and then all hell breaks lose. Meanwhile, millions of people remain fine and keep eating it. I had the exact serial number peanut butter that was recalled 3 years ago from Peter Pan. I still ate it, everyone thought I was nuts. I told them fuck it, if I already ate half of the jar and was fine might as well eat the other half.

Hahahaha I love your attitude, I'm the same way to the horror of my germaphobe girlfriend.

i am in germany and buy us pb too.
which brand was bad ?

it was not a specific brand, it was a peanut processing plant who distributed their products to companies who produced products containing PB, PB pastes, and other PB additives. Their is a listing of products online from the 1st recall however a second, even larger recall is coming soon. This is a total recall from EVERY manufacturer who received product from the Texas plant. Apparently the conditions were horrendous within that plant.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131