over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pec Major Rupture (Check out my injury)

Your case is very interesting to all of us who train seriously.

Thank you.

I will definately provide an update as I get further along with my recovery. The doc said it would still be a few months but I consider that a very short period of time considering the docs that said it would never be fixed.

Torn Pec Tendon

Great news on your repair.

As per my previous posts, I also had this injury a little over 1 1/2 years ago. I had my should operated on in Feb. for a torn Labrum and bone spurs and was back at the weights 2 months later. I can bench ok, but it just feels so far from normal on the one side. I still have some stability issues when I go to lock out and rack the weight. Anyway I have a few other questions as well.

Where did they cut into you? How long of a cut? Also, if you can keep up with the bills it would be great to get a ballpark figure as to what something like that costs.

My insurance covered 80%. I ended up paying approx. $1700 out of pocket. I only went to the PT 2 times because I started to feel overwelmed by the bills. My shoulder is alot better now, but I still have the droopy chest look....

Great news on your repair.

As per my previous posts, I also had this injury a little over 1 1/2 years ago. I had my should operated on in Feb. for a torn Labrum and bone spurs and was back at the weights 2 months later. I can bench ok, but it just feels so far from normal on the one side. I still have some stability issues when I go to lock out and rack the weight. Anyway I have a few other questions as well.

Where did they cut into you? How long of a cut? Also, if you can keep up with the bills it would be great to get a ballpark figure as to what something like that costs.

My insurance covered 80%. I ended up paying approx. $1700 out of pocket. I only went to the PT 2 times because I started to feel overwelmed by the bills. My shoulder is alot better now, but I still have the droopy chest look....

They cut from right under my clavicle to underneath my armpit. The scar is around 4" long, they also went in with a scope on the back of my shoulder but that scar is not very big. So far the bills have totaled right around $30,000, this is before PT. My insurance covered all but the $250 co-pay. I will post pictures of the scar and give a more exact total in a few weeks when I know that everything is done. The doc claims that it will still look different, but it will definately look better than it did, and it will definately be stronger than it was. I will be happy with any improvement in looks and in strength. Can you post a before and after picture of your injury so that I can see how yours turned out?

After 5 years of being told that my chest could not be fixed I finally was able to find a competent doctor to take on the challenge. My pec major had completely ruptured in an accident back in Aug 2003. Since then I had been lifting everything but chest due to the injury. I was able to do some light lifts that were controlled like machine bench, but nothing too serious. The reason that doctors said they could not fix it was because of the elasticity lost since the injury. Even if operated on, I was told that the pec major would not stretch back out to the length that it needed to, in order to reconnect it to my shoulder. At Steadmans Hawkins Clinic in Vail I finally found someone willing to attempt the repair. I was given an achilles tendon from a doner in place of my tendon that was injured. The pec major was unrolled as much as it could be, and then attached to the achilles, which was attached to my shoulder with 3 permanent titanium fully threaded screws. The doc currently has me in a sling for the next 6-8 weeks and then 3 months of physical therapy, but I'm confident that the strength will be much better than it was before. I can't wait to get back into the gym, so that I can start strengthening my chest again. It will probably be a little while but I will post before and after pictures of my repair. Just thought that I would share the news. P.S. You guys have to forgive me if this doesn't make complete sense the doctors have me on oxycodone and oxyconton and I feel a bit loopy.

NICE the wonders of medicine.. :D :D :D :D

geat news deepsea

Glad to hear you found a doc to do it. Good luck on you recovery.Keep us posted

Just a quick update on the pec. Yesterday I threw up 275lbs on my last set of flat bench. Following the injury I could barely get up 135lbs. The look is much better with very little sag in the pec area. I will post pictures in the next couple days. My injury was horrific, and many people thought that it could not be fixed. Well, it was fixed and is healing very well. If anyone needs a name to a doctor who is not affraid to try new things, his name is Peter Millet and he works out of Vail at Steadman Hawkins Clinic. He is an amazing doctor and I owe him alot for what he's done for me.

Awesome! I remember this thread and this is great news! Good to hear this. Glad you are training hard and happy with the results. Throw up a photo when you can.

That is great to hear

Thanks for the update. Gald it all worked out for you

Deepsea, awesome that it was able to be repaired man.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I agree

I had something similar happen on the flat bench at Christmas. But started back working the chest light as soon as I could to reduce scar tissue and increase range of motion. I will never flat bench again and did not have surgery. From a visual stand point I would say 95% recovered.

There are some current pictures up. I edited the first post to where you can see how the progress has come. It's only been 11months, the injury had taken place in 2003 and got operated on in April of 2008. It's going to be a long hull but I think eventually I'll be able to normalize it a little bit.

Like I said before bro. What would you do if they told you it couldn't be fixed? Would you just let it go to shit.....? And don't give me that shit about being around since I was shitting yellow because when your old and shitting yellow I'll still be around. The only thing is that the tables will be turned bro.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA this made me alugh out loud.. I mma use that next time someone uses that line on me. .
good luck deep sea. It does look a bit better.

The new pics show a definite improvement. You had a very serious injury. Keep working it and the pec will slowly rebuild. Its been immobilized a long time. Just take it slow and be careful! I have decided myself that I don't have to push super heavy weight to look good. Its better to be in the gym vs. laid up with a serious injury from going too heavy.

There are some current pictures up. I edited the first post to where you can see how the progress has come. It's only been 11months, the injury had taken place in 2003 and got operated on in April of 2008. It's going to be a long hull but I think eventually I'll be able to normalize it a little bit.

Deepsea, I have the exact same injury. They attempted to re-attach the tendon to my pectoralis major and it seems to have worked. The functional strength is back but the pec will always slide a bit more to the center when flexxing. Oh well it is what it is i guess.

Awesome news that it is getting better man. Keep up the good work.

Deepsea, I have the exact same injury. They attempted to re-attach the tendon to my pectoralis major and it seems to have worked. The functional strength is back but the pec will always slide a bit more to the center when flexxing. Oh well it is what it is i guess.

Awesome news that it is getting better man. Keep up the good work.

They couldn't unroll any of my pec because 5 years had passed since the injury. I was lucky to find a doc to even attempt to work on it, most said there would be no point because it would just unroll again, or tear again. They just used a cadavers achilles tendon and attached at the pec and then to the shoulder to hold it into place.

They couldn't unroll any of my pec because 5 years had passed since the injury. I was lucky to find a doc to even attempt to work on it, most said there would be no point because it would just unroll again, or tear again. They just used a cadavers achilles tendon and attached at the pec and then to the shoulder to hold it into place.

Thats awesome, i had my surgery within two weeks of the injury and they managed to reattach it. It doesn't look near the same but i have gotten most of the mass back and just keep it very realistic on my working out.

It is awesome to hear that you are recovering though.

good luck bud I hope things go better they are hitting on better ways to do procedures all the time dont give up and becareful in the gym listen to what your body tells you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear