over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pec Muscle tear.

blackrock

Registered
YEh one more thread about a pec muscle tear. Was bench pressing, at the lower end of the moment heard a pop and tear. Dropped the weight...

What do I expect in the next few days/ weeks. Will I be able to continue working around it. I Really dont care about the aesthetics of it or what have you,, Just wanna be able to lift and complete the CUT I am on.

I tried doing some back and bicep to see if that would be doable in the next few days but even that causes some amount of pain right now..

I cant (without pain) laterally raise my shoulder above 90 degrees right now, and cant internally rotate my arm (without pain) against resistance.

Attachments

• bhumik tear.jpg
    bhumik tear.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 9,844
Last edited:
some more bruising appearing.

Attachments

• bruising.jpg
    bruising.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 2,035
I completely tore my pec major about 7 years ago and had it repaired. Even if you're not going to get it fixed you not going to be able to train for quite some time. You have some major trauma there and it needs to heal before you try to push forward. Trust me bro its going to hurt for a long time on a lot of movements. Just curious why would you not want to get it fixed?

I completely tore my pec major about 7 years ago and had it repaired. Even if you're not going to get it fixed you not going to be able to train for quite some time. You have some major trauma there and it needs to heal before you try to push forward. Trust me bro its going to hurt for a long time on a lot of movements. Just curious why would you not want to get it fixed?

Just got back from doc. MRI should be done. He said if the tendon ruptured from the bone than he recommends surgery, if it tore at the msuculo tendon junction, than its usually conservative management.

The reason I am not sure about surgery is because, (maybe I will regret this later) but at this point, I dont care so much about the cosmesis of it.
He did say that if I didn't get surgery, I will lose strength in internal rotation and adduction of my arm. But according to him biceps, tri and shoulder strength be ok.

Just got back from doc. MRI should be done. He said if the tendon ruptured from the bone than he recommends surgery, if it tore at the msuculo tendon junction, than its usually conservative management.

The reason I am not sure about surgery is because, (maybe I will regret this later) but at this point, I dont care so much about the cosmesis of it.
He did say that if I didn't get surgery, I will lose strength in internal rotation and adduction of my arm. But according to him biceps, tri and shoulder strength be ok.

Get it fixed bro. I understand not caring about the look but you will have significant strength loss in that side and it will never catch up to the other. I know a guy that didn't get his fixed and he regrets it everyday. You can't tell I even tore mine and I'm stronger than ever. Also don't put it off the longer you wait the harder it is to fix it.

I completely tore my right pec six months ago and there was no way I was doing anything chest related for a while I did train everything else in that time and did push-ups but I'm just now back in the gym 100 percent I don't think strength will be an issue as mine is even and I didn't get it repaired only problem with mine is a dip in it and scar tissue.

This is my tear from November and I'm all good now but I used ALOT of peptides to help recovery and never really stopped training I'd say about two months after this I was back up to 315 for eight reps an it tore on my second rep of 405. But yea I'd just suggest a lot of peptides and keeping it stretched and surgery if you can, I wish I did

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 3,502
If its actually torn at the tendon or the junction, get it fixed. If its not attached you wont have function of that pec AKA the motions he listed. Hes basically saying its useless, not just ascetically.

get it fixed orthopedic surgeons now a days have there shit together and can get your fixed FAST. I had to stop doing bench due to this reason. I am pretty small framed not big 200 when i bulk, but my bench is pretty big 430. I seem to all ways get pinches right in my arm pit around my bicep tendon.

One day I was doing my first working set on bench 315 and on the 4th rep i felt a pop and a roll. I lost all strength and luckily i had a good spotter. Went to the doc and it was just a REALLY bad strain. That really bad strain took me out for over a month. I would still do other move ments and just focus on stretching my chest, but you have a couple options because once you tear it, it will probably tear again under that load.

Start stretching more over this will help allot. Roll on a golf ball as well around your arm pit to help break up scare tissue, knots, and losen things up.

Then see about getting ultra sounds done to get all the scare tissue out. I did this and have not had a single issue at all. I did quit doing bench press though, but I feel more recovered now.

I tore mine completely. Tendon and muscle.

I had surgery. Everything about my training changed.

If you tear your pec, it is beyond comprehension why you would continue to flat barbell press.

Best of luck to you. My surgery went extremely well. I had the tear in Oct 09. Surgery was Dec 09. I was out of the sling in 4 weeks. I was precontest by late summer... and competed in October 2010.

Good luck back. Sucks hearing about tears. Tore my tri a couple months ago.

Man that sucks, I have never tore a pec muscle but one of my friends did once doing heavy dumbbell presses. I don't do dumbell presses anymore just for that reason, it easy to over extend.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear