over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pec tear in muscle belly, this sucks

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was wondering if any guys have had this, or know anyone who has. I have found alot of info on pec tears, but they have all been where the muscle tears off the tendon or the tendon tears off the bone.

The Dr. thinks mine is most likely in the muscle belly because it is down around my nipple, and the tendon is fine.

MRI will be gotten in a few days but I cant sleep at night.

Was just coming off best cycle of my life, 265lbs not lean but still pretty big for me. I felt the pain on a rep, did one more, then it gave out had to get spotter to put it up. This was 9 weeks ago (stupid for me to wait this long to see a doc i know).

I took it easy, got to the point I could do 10 pushups, could bench 190 for 7 reps easy (was benching 345 for about 7 before). Then started stretchin it real good yesterday, and i must have fucked it up more, cuz now I cant even raise my arm above my head.

Does it sound like its torn, or just strained? THe fact I could do put up 190 for reps leads me to think it might not be torn, but it has been 9 weeks and it still isnt right.

Sorry for rambling im just so pissed off and depressed. Cant find any info on pec tears in the actual muscle belly.

bro you have to change your whole routine around this injury. you should waited for the mri results before pursuing what you did. if its torn muscle or from tendon there should be visable damage once the inflammation has went down. stay away from the bench press . there are to many other exercises to help rebuild your chest. the bench has blown many of pecs and rotators. your doc may be able to fix this with surgery? i hope so. we has boidybuilders take a beating but keep on ticking. be smart and good luck

Bro
Sorry to hear this shit happened to you.
I had the same thing happen in 2000 - i had just benched 550 on a monday then the next saturday i decided to show my ass at the gym because there where some half asses reping 315 for maybe 5 reps acting all cocky and shit... so when they got done i told them to leave the 315 on the bar i had to warm up.... so i did, one set of 315 for 15 reps. Then my stupid ass went straight to 595. I knew i could bench it but i didnt realize the importance of warming up. So, i did one rep... pretty easy so i decided to try for 2 and on the way down i heard this ripping sound inside my head (i was wearing earbuds listening to music) ... the weight just dropped. Luckly my partner was there to grab what he could of it. By the time i got to the locker room i was black all the way down to my waist. ... up to my elbow.
I was dizzy from the blood loss under my skin. I went to the Dr the following monday and had an MRI done. He confirmed the muscle torn apart instead of from the tendon. Bad news for me. I had the 18k cash to repair it but he wouldnt even attempt it because he said it would be like trying to sew toilet tissue together... it would just pull back apart with ease.
So, the only option was to let it heal and get an implant. I went so far as to contact Dr Nadler in NY city... he was (does alot of pros) going to make an implant to fill the gap the tear caused, but GOD it costs out the ass.
So, i decided to cut my losses and just inject the damn thing with synthol.
Worked pretty well i have to say. You can still tell its there but not as bad.
So... my advice would be to just say fuck it... let it heal (no heavy lifting) and shoot for the best. Since the day i tore it i have only done flat bench maybe 5 times. I do incline and dumbells & machines only now.
But hey, if your still stressing over it just look up Dr Nadler on google and email him. He can help.

JJ Insane1

Bro
I had the same thing happen in 2000 - i had just benched 550 on a monday then the next saturday i decided to show my ass at the gym because there where some half asses reping 315 for maybe 5 reps acting all cocky and shit... so when they got done i told them to leave the 315 on the bar i had to warm up.... so i did, one set of 315 for 15 reps. Then my stupid ass went straight to 595. I knew i could bench it but i didnt realize the importance of warming up. So, i did one rep... pretty easy so i decided to try for 2 and on the way down i heard this ripping sound inside my head (i was wearing earbuds listening to music) ... the weight just dropped. Luckly my partner was there to grab what he could of it. By the time i got to the locker room i was black all the way down to my waist. ... up to my elbow.
I was dizzy from the blood loss under my skin. I went to the Dr the following monday and had an MRI done. He confirmed the muscle torn apart instead of from the tendon. Bad news for me. I had the 18k cash to repair it but he wouldnt even attempt it because he said it would be like trying to sew toilet tissue together... it would just pull back apart with ease.
So, the only option was to let it heal and get an implant. I went so far as to contact Dr Nadler in NY city... he was (does alot of pros) going to make an implant to fill the gap the tear caused, but GOD it costs out the ass.
So... my advice would be to just say fuck it... let it heal (no heavy lifting) and shoot for the best. Since the day i tore it i have only done flat bench maybe 5 times. I do incline and dumbells & machines only now.
But hey, if your still stressing over it just look up Dr Nadler on google and email him. He can help.

JJ Insane1

Jesus Dude, just the thought of your story makes me sick. Damn man, good to hear everything worked out for you though!

I thought Dr Nadler commited suicide?

Bro

JJ Insane1

hey bro thanks for the reply very helpful sorry for your injury.

im not trying to be a pro so i dont worry too much about the shape, i mostly train just to get good size, be big and thick.

1. how did your chest heal up? im worried if i cant use my chest, im not going to be able to do compoud movements and my overall size will suffer. my philosophy has always been bench, squat, and row. that works everything even arm.s can you still train chest at all?

2. does that shit always hurt still? does it feel like its gonna tear again when you work it hard?

3. are you still able to put on size to your chest like you would have without the injury (looks aside im just talkin about size, not worried about any deformities in my case).

thanks bro for any help. the doc told me it will eventually form scar tissue and i shouldnt have a problem benching my old weight once it heals up. i have no idea if he is right or how long till it 'heals up' as he put it.

hey bro thanks for the reply very helpful sorry for your injury.

im not trying to be a pro so i dont worry too much about the shape, i mostly train just to get good size, be big and thick.

1. how did your chest heal up? im worried if i cant use my chest, im not going to be able to do compoud movements and my overall size will suffer. my philosophy has always been bench, squat, and row. that works everything even arm.s can you still train chest at all?

2. does that shit always hurt still? does it feel like its gonna tear again when you work it hard?

3. are you still able to put on size to your chest like you would have without the injury (looks aside im just talkin about size, not worried about any deformities in my case).

thanks bro for any help. the doc told me it will eventually form scar tissue and i shouldnt have a problem benching my old weight once it heals up. i have no idea if he is right or how long till it 'heals up' as he put it.

1 - it healed up good but i have an indention on the side i tore. To me its very noticable ... especially when i get my bf below 8% or so.
I stay above 245lb in weight so it has good size it just looks a little different then the other pec.

2- No it doesnt hurt but yes it for sure feels like it would tear again. Its way tighter then the other side no matter how much i work it.

3- Size... well yes i can put on size but i do it with anything but BENCH. I have come to learn the flat bench is an ego lift... or for powerlifters. Bodybuilders dont need it... in my opinion they should stay away from it.
Right now i am 295lbs ... when i tore it i was 265lbs so sure you can gain more size just please take my advice and let it heal first. I know it might be hard to go from benching a fucking truck to having to back off to light weight for a while but trust me it will be worth it in the end.

4- Did Dr Nadler off his self for real? Hell i didnt know that. The last contact i had with him was in 2001 i think. Shit that sucks. Goes to show you money aint everything.

Hope this helps bro... good luck, just consider the tear a battle scar - i do.

JJ Insane1

That story is just terrifying to me, JJ.

Bro

JJ Insane1

I need to hear that warmup stuff again and again. I actually warm up now out of necessity. In fact my "warm ups" now take longer than my training sessions used to! If I don't warm up it hurts to lift! lol.

I have actually heard that "I felt the pain" story so often!

I was wondering if any guys have had this, or know anyone who has. I have found alot of info on pec tears, but they have all been where the muscle tears off the tendon or the tendon tears off the bone.

The Dr. thinks mine is most likely in the muscle belly because it is down around my nipple, and the tendon is fine.

MRI will be gotten in a few days but I cant sleep at night.

Was just coming off best cycle of my life, 265lbs not lean but still pretty big for me. I felt the pain on a rep, did one more, then it gave out had to get spotter to put it up. This was 9 weeks ago (stupid for me to wait this long to see a doc i know).

I took it easy, got to the point I could do 10 pushups, could bench 190 for 7 reps easy (was benching 345 for about 7 before). Then started stretchin it real good yesterday, and i must have fucked it up more, cuz now I cant even raise my arm above my head.

Does it sound like its torn, or just strained? THe fact I could do put up 190 for reps leads me to think it might not be torn, but it has been 9 weeks and it still isnt right.

Sorry for rambling im just so pissed off and depressed. Cant find any info on pec tears in the actual muscle belly.

"I felt the pain" and did one more rep........ I hear that damn near ever time someone mentions a tear. Now, when I feel a twinge like that I rack it immediately and change exercises or switch bodyparts.

I wish you weren't hurt. That sucks.

1 - it healed up good but i have an indention on the side i tore. To me its very noticable ... especially when i get my bf below 8% or so.
I stay above 245lb in weight so it has good size it just looks a little different then the other pec.

2- No it doesnt hurt but yes it for sure feels like it would tear again. Its way tighter then the other side no matter how much i work it.

3- Size... well yes i can put on size but i do it with anything but BENCH. I have come to learn the flat bench is an ego lift... or for powerlifters. Bodybuilders dont need it... in my opinion they should stay away from it.
Right now i am 295lbs ... when i tore it i was 265lbs so sure you can gain more size just please take my advice and let it heal first. I know it might be hard to go from benching a fucking truck to having to back off to light weight for a while but trust me it will be worth it in the end.

4- Did Dr Nadler off his self for real? Hell i didnt know that. The last contact i had with him was in 2001 i think. Shit that sucks. Goes to show you money aint everything.

Hope this helps bro... good luck, just consider the tear a battle scar - i do.

JJ Insane1

thanks bro, so u would say just do what i can handle for chest with no discomfort? and just gradually work my way back up as soon as i have full ROM?

it sounds from your experience that when the scar tissue closes it it is as good as new, just feels tighter which is obviousley bad.

the dr i talked to works for the baltimore ravens so hopefully he knows what he is talkin about.

thanks bro, so u would say just do what i can handle for chest with no discomfort? and just gradually work my way back up as soon as i have full ROM?

it sounds from your experience that when the scar tissue closes it it is as good as new, just feels tighter which is obviousley bad.

the dr i talked to works for the baltimore ravens so hopefully he knows what he is talkin about.

Well, me personally... i didnt do chest at all for about 2 weeks after it happened. When i started back i did light weight for higher reps until i felt the tightness increase or pain.
In time it will heal and you should be able to go back to doing the weight you used to do BUT... now its all mental bro. Every time you lift that heavy shit on bench your going to naturally think... is it going to rip all the way into?
I couldnt make my self do flat bench if i tried. Mentally i just cant.

Just give it time - focus on another lagging body part until that heals then just go with your gut.

JJ Insane1

insane ; i can relate what you went through. i tore mine also. my mri results showed that it torn from the bone. (upper part). i was 7 wks out from the nationals. i had just won my state show which qualified me for it. i couldnt do a full push up for 3 months let alone any chest exercises.had to wear a arm sling. i was dumb and should of gotten a second opinion. my doc said its unrepairable.this was over 12yrs ago. i just started training again last year. i placed 3rd. but came in at around 9% if i go any lower it starts to sink in real bad. i talked to the judges and they said what a waste.i need to get implants or do something. there is a reason i started training again and it was only 4 months begore the show(after a 12yr layoff but thats a different story. im 228 right now and my show is in aug. i will be at 205 or so.the tear has not stopped me. i try and hide it the best i can. as you can see in the pics

Attachments

• offseason contest 006.JPG
    offseason contest 006.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 15,873
  • CONTEST O8.jpg
    CONTEST O8.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3,048
  • CONTEST PIC 2.jpg
    CONTEST PIC 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,275
been there done that..my heart goes out to ya..
keep your head up and move forward..you'll get through it..
but it will be rough...

Injury Q

Would direct Im of GH help the healing process?

thanks for the replies, get MRI tommorow.

is incline easier on the pecs than flat bench? how inferior is it as far as building mass? mentally i dont think ill ever be able to load the bar over 300 again.

i was also wondering about shooting hgh into the pec, any helP?

I think so

Would direct Im of GH help the healing process?

But only from personal experence from when I tore mine. I used local shots of GH, IGF and Preg MGF.

I have full range of motion, but still wont risk flat bench. However back to useing 220kg on chest press.

this is all i saw as far as a pec tear, however im meeting with my ortho surgeon tommorow. as you can see on the left side there is a white indentation that goes into the pec (injury happened 10 weeks ago). the large white area is just between the muscles, however the part that goes into the pec is what concerns me.

Attachments

• 396133676_1371423764_0.jpg
    396133676_1371423764_0.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,498
went to see ortho surgeon today and saw the mri report,,,apparently the thing seen above is an 'artifact' im confused to what this means? apparently it is not real? here is the report if anyone understands this jargon...

CLINICAL HISTORY

pain in the left pectoral region. the patient injured his chest bench pressing. concern is for pectoralis muscle belly or insertion tear.

FINDINGS

the pectoralis major is intact. the muscle belly is unremarkable. in the area of the pectoralis minor there is some abnormal signal assosciated with the musculotendinous junction. unfortunatley there is extensive artifact right over the same area limiting the visualization of the musculotendinous junction. there may also be some abnormal signal assosciated with the medial aspect of the pectoral musculature inferiorly, however, there is also extensive pulsation aftifacts from the heart over this area. STIR images are for the most part unremarkable.

bone marrow and adjacent soft tissues are unremarkable.

CONCLUSION: MRI Chest Without Contrast

1. Limited examination dueto artifact and resultant image degradation. there may be grade II strain of the musculotendionous junction of the pectoralis musculature on the left side.

2. there is some asymmetry to the appearance of themore medial muscle belly. this can not be diagnosed as a partial tear definitively.

to break it down as simple as possible you got away pretty good. you have some tearing to your pec that won't require surgery. you should get into physiotherapy as soon as possible and start on ultra sound to break down scar tissue and keep the blood flow open. how has your range of motion been affected?are you starting to experience and secondary bruising ?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear