over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pec tear?!?!?

Kidrok

Registered
I think I have a mciro tear of my pec. Doing flat bench last night, I did 4 warm up sets working each progressively heavier. Started my work set at 315, planned on 6-8 reps. 1st rep was easy, 2nd rep about 3/4 way back up and I felt some popping and then burning in my right pec. Luckily my spotter was paying attention and helped me rack it quick. It is swollen, painful, but not discolored or mis-shaped which is why I believe its only a micro tear. Anyway, other than icing it now, ibuprofen and rest, how have you guys that have had the same dealt with it? Is there anything I can do to speed the healing?

KidRok :cool:

Is it near the insertion area? If so, it could be a small tear in the tendon that holds the muscle to the point of origin. if that is the case, it won't fill up with blood like a pec tear. The tendons and ligaments receive less blood flow, therefore you will see less blood pooling. I would say lay off chest for about a month. THat tear could lead into a bigger tear. Then you will never bench heavy again and you will be laid up for a couple months. then when you make your comeback, you will find yourself very weak in the chest area.

If it doens't hurt that bad, you can work around the injury...maybe do high high reps just to keep the muscle active...4 sets of 20. Listen to your body and go from there. LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR or you will be hurting for months

tear

I tore my elbow flexor muscle back in the summer. I was doing barbell curls. On the way down, i felt a hellacious burning sensation in my right/ inside elbow. The pain was crazy for a while. After that, I could barely do one arm dumbell curls with 30lbs!! Two days later, my entire forearm bruised and looked nasty as hell!!

I took about a month off and actually it healed pretty fast. I think 50mg of d-bol ED helped heal it too. Also I used the RICE method for about the first 2-3 weeks (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

Hope that hlps some! DOGGTALES

wouldgprob take cupe days to bruise if decent tear, could try bit massage after couple days, stretch it but not to pain, maybe bit ultrasound if quite sore. When train next week warm up throughly , take very easy do high reps, if sore during exercise change to exercise that you can't feel the pain

mri

go get an mri if you have insurance that mother fucker could lead to the worst tear you ever could imagine. first off all take 6 weeks off chest a tear will heal in that amount of time. its not worth thew gamble. why are you benching . should be using dumbells its only a matter of time before your rotater cuff goes or you tear again

update......

Well 1 week later....
It is a micro tear, so in a sense I am lucky that it wasn't worse. I had a deep tissue massage done friday. Man did it hurt but my pec felt soooo much better afterward and I head better mobility than before my injury!
I plan to continue resting it and have another deep tissue massgae this friday. With any luck I can start training chest lightly in the next 2-3 weeks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear