over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pec Tear???

cjwaid

Newbies
First off, Hey Ryan, What's up bro?

Second, I use to lift pretty heavy, lots of heavy benching, not uncommon to bench over 500 a few times a week, but that was years ago and I don't lift heavy anymore.

I quit powerlifting because I got bored with it, not because anything hurt, as a matter of fact, nothing ever hurt, but earlier this year I lost a bunch of fat and noticed that when I flex in the mirror I can see a lump in my chest that moves.

It is only visible when I am flexing my pec, I can't see or feel it when I am not flexing... The harder I flex the more it sticks out.

It moves with the muscle when I flex, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this.

I don't know if it is a torn muscle bundle, or some type of tissue deposit.

I feel a little shoulder pain now, in that shoulder, but the pain is more prominant in the bicep brachi than the deltoids, just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before.

Also wondering if rubbing it will help (doing self myofascial release exercises)?

I think before anyone can even come close to telling you what they might do I think a doctors words may help in letting you know what it is. They could complete Xray which I doubt most likely MRI or CT scan to see what the lump may be, it may only be scar tisse, maybe you did have a minor tear and it did not heal correctly. Did you inject in chest?

Hey Calvin...

First post on the board. I'm pretty new, but I would like to introduce one of my all time friends...

WELCOME CALVIN....

Calvin and I go way back. He came in a GNC that I ran in 1996. He was about 16 and HUGE. Almost bald, too. Can anyone say HIGH TEST naturally and great genetics. (By the way calvin, I gave in and shaved my head down to a #2). I can't fight the hair anymore.

We worked out a hardcore gym in Northern MI called the Cimarian Gym!:) 50 bucks a year. The town had less than 10,000 people in it, but at least 40 who could bench press 400 +. A few up over 500 and one who was in the 700 range. I swear good old Tom Skiver (the old owner and 700 bencher) put Dbol in the chicklets gumball machine!!!:D That gym is forever in my memories. Calvin used to eat Taco Bell right on the bench in between benching. Calvin you benched everyday for years in the late 90's. Think that might have something to do with your pec?;)

But now Calvin is a highly respected Personal trainer and a great guy. Glad to see ya on here, bro. Welcome. You should intro yourself on the new member area.

Wow. Sounds exactly like a friend of mine. His pec is just like you mentioned it, and the same pain in his bicep/shoulder insertion.

He was benching heavy when it went the first time. Second time about a year after he was warming up and it went again. Since then he hasn't been able to bench well without pain. One thing I noticed is he takes an extremely wide grip, I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it...

Regardless, definetly talk to a doc, find out for sure.

bigtwig

cjwaid said:
First off, Hey Ryan, What's up bro?

Second, I use to lift pretty heavy, lots of heavy benching, not uncommon to bench over 500 a few times a week, but that was years ago and I don't lift heavy anymore.

I quit powerlifting because I got bored with it, not because anything hurt, as a matter of fact, nothing ever hurt, but earlier this year I lost a bunch of fat and noticed that when I flex in the mirror I can see a lump in my chest that moves.

It is only visible when I am flexing my pec, I can't see or feel it when I am not flexing... The harder I flex the more it sticks out.

It moves with the muscle when I flex, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this.

I don't know if it is a torn muscle bundle, or some type of tissue deposit.

I feel a little shoulder pain now, in that shoulder, but the pain is more prominant in the bicep brachi than the deltoids, just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before.

Also wondering if rubbing it will help (doing self myofascial release exercises)?

i would see a doctor if really concerned.

Thank all, and yeah Ryan, you didn't mention the smell of onions and garlic from the rub-on Finaplex (I think that people sweating all over the benches while rubbing on their 'roids' or whatever it really was may have been why there were 16 year old kids in there benching 300 lbs)

You also forgot to mention the owners girlfriend that lived in the tanning room, or the tanners that electricuted people (but tanning was included in your membership fee).

Yeah, the lump thing is just a cosmetic concern, I know it isn't anything serious, just wondering what other people with similar situations came up with, it is probably just a minor tear that didn't heal properly, I wasn't sure that you could have a minor tear without having major pain, but it sounds like it might be a little more common than I thought.

6 more months Ryan, and I will be back there and we will be in business.

And just so everyone knows Ryan was telling the truth about the owner, I SAW him touch and go 745 on a Sunday afternoon in the gym.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws