over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pec tear

getbiggest

Registered
Now I'm not 100%sure on how serious my tear is but I felt it ripping where my chest ties into much shoulder and wont have a doctor's opinion until swelling is down just looking for some pointers as to what to expect and any help would be great this happened four days ago and this pic is from today and I was flat benching 405 going for a second rep

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-19-16-15-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-19-16-15-39.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 6,857
I wouldn't even hesitate seeing a doctor, go soon as possible.

I already went they want to see me again in ten days and the er did a catscan

I wish you the best, i was feeling it just looking at it. I wish a speedy recovery, Good luck.

wicked livor mortis going on across your entire chest/shoulder girdle.. did you tear but sides since there is pooling on your left pec as well... obviously looks like some considerable rupturing going on your right pec/shoulder tie in... if you have any mobility then you at least dont have complete tears but not to say they arent at point of still needing surgery to reattach the various tissues.. possibly even a mesh graft like they do on ab wall for hernia ppl if so much muscle is affected..

wicked livor mortis going on across your entire chest/shoulder girdle.. did you tear both sides since there is pooling on your left pec as well... obviously looks like some considerable rupturing going on your right pec/shoulder tie in... if you have any mobility then you at least dont have complete tears but not to say they arent at point of still needing surgery to reattach the various tissues.. possibly even a mesh graft like they do on ab wall for hernia ppl if so much muscle is affected..

Yikes, hopefully something can be done to repair those tears. I feel for you as I've strained my pec twice now on the flat bench which is why I will never do bb flat again and I would recommend the same to you. There's nothing much you can if the doc told you to wait besides icing it down and taking some NSAIDs to reduce swelling. Good luck on your recovery.

If a doctor told you to waite it out, you need a new doc!!! I tor my pec completely 6 months ago and my bruising wasn't nearly as bad as yours. You should get and demand an mri ASAP. You have a 2 week window where it is imperative to undergo surgery for optimal recovery/mobility and lack of deformity.
I got an mri 4 days after my tear and had surgery (complete pec tendon rupture) 9 days after and now have 0 deformity, 100% mobility and am already back to incline benching 3 plates.

If a doctor told you to waite it out, you need a new doc!!!

TRUE THIS! Tendon ruptures and tears need to be repaired ASAP. For my first quad tendon rupture I was told that there was a THREE day window for optimal repair as after that the tendon begins to shrink and shrivel from not being under tension and makes reattachment difficult.

I had to wait two weeks for my second quad tendon rupture and from my personal experience can tell you that the repair is totally and complete crap compared to the first. Can't say specifically how much the extra waiting time had anything to do with it as there are/were many variables, but who knows.

Get it taken care of NOW!

If a doctor told you to waite it out, you need a new doc!!!

X2! I partially tore mine, and got a sh!thead for a doc that told me there would be no noticable abnormality or loss of use, and he recommended no surgery. 3 years later I regret following that advice. This was a local orthopaedic surgeon. 2 years after the fact I got an appointment with Dr Andrews in Pensacola FL (famous for working on big name athletes). He told me I followed bad advice and should have had it done immediately after the injury, but 2 years is too much time to ensure any noticable improvement.

Brother I am sorry,
That looks painfull :eek:
Wishing a speedy and FULL recovery....

get a new doc! you need a mri asap, THat is a tear for sure! I tore my right and left pec before! My right pec was a severe tear and looked like yours with all that blood under the skin! I regret not having surgery My chest is noticeable deformed!

I go back Monday for an mri so I'm sure I'll know more by tennis really is a crappy experience I'm hoping I bounce back within a year and I've accepted flat bench is done for me

Yikes! Good luck with that thing dood.

Now I'm not 100%sure on how serious my tear is but I felt it ripping where my chest ties into much shoulder and wont have a doctor's opinion until swelling is down just looking for some pointers as to what to expect and any help would be great this happened four days ago and this pic is from today and I was flat benching 405 going for a second rep

I had a full tear and this looksm identical. WOW i wish you the best man.

FYI, with the advent of lr3 and gh your recovery time could be be cut in half easily

I go back Monday for an mri so I'm sure I'll know more by tennis really is a crappy experience I'm hoping I bounce back within a year and I've accepted flat bench is done for me

if it is a tear get the surgery ASAP. If its not done in something like 4 weeks then the pec will heal partially and NEVER look quite right

I had a full tear and this looksm identical. WOW i wish you the best man.

FYI, with the advent of lr3 and gh your recovery time could be be cut in half easily

So should I wait for the swelling to go down and surgery to be done or start with that rogjt away

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws