over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pec tears

I've only seen and heard about pec tears in Flat Bench w/a Barbell but a few years ago some Youtube/social media bodybuilder tore his pec on an incline in Dubai w/Larry Wheels spotting him. That was the first time I've ever seen/heard about someone tearing a pec on Inclines. My guess, like you said, more people doing flat bar bench than any other movement and also they're more likely to go heavier on it than other movements. You don't hear about many instances of people tearing pecs on DB Press or Flye movements. From a leverage standpoint, you'd be strongest in a Decline Bench but you also don't hear about people getting tears from those either. Again, trainees are probably just more likely to load up on the bench more than any other movement.
I have heard of guys tearing it on incline but it is less common. I had a bad strain on incline bench with 4 plates per side. I got wise and after a few really bad strains just about all together dropped barbell pressing. I only may do it at the end of a chest workout heavily pre exhausted with a 5 sec negative if I do it at all.
The guy you are referring to above in the YouTube video was pressing 5 plates aside maybe more. With that much weight a slight mistake and bad shit happens

What movements are you guys doing when you get a pec tear or form people you know what were they doing when the injury happened.??
I've heard that flat barbell bench is the #1 culprit and that just a slight incline or decline can greatly reduce the chances. I'm guessing that flat barbell bench is the main cause be so many more people do it than anything else though.
His was torn doing flat bench. It’s crazy he tore it because my friend and I use to play with 425lbs several times for a few reps on bench then one day we decided to take it a little lighter and use 315lbs on our last set and rep it out instead of going heavy. And on the 7th or 8th rep his his tore. Both pecs at once. After seeing that I don’t go too heavy anymore. I go for more of a pump and get the blood in the muscles. I’ve gotten way bigger since then and my muscles have a much harder appearance.

tore my upper pec in incline one time not warming up and on a sick one felt stupid after, tore it in june bad i have huge dent now in crazy self defense brawl with bicep as well

I've only seen and heard about pec tears in Flat Bench w/a Barbell but a few years ago some Youtube/social media bodybuilder tore his pec on an incline in Dubai w/Larry Wheels spotting him. That was the first time I've ever seen/heard about someone tearing a pec on Inclines. My guess, like you said, more people doing flat bar bench than any other movement and also they're more likely to go heavier on it than other movements. You don't hear about many instances of people tearing pecs on DB Press or Flye movements. From a leverage standpoint, you'd be strongest in a Decline Bench but you also don't hear about people getting tears from those either. Again, trainees are probably just more likely to load up on the bench more than any other movement.
Agreed it’s almost 100% flat barbell , I have had a small muscle tear that bruised up and healed fine doing incline dumbbells oddly it was just the 85s BUT I was pissed off and doing a high rep set which I hadn’t planned on doing but I was trying to distract myself from knocking some dumbass out and like an idiot I was at like rep 23 and I felt that Velcro coming off feeling in my pec and dropped em, stopped the lift and next day had bruising and pain but recovered quickly, that Larry Wheels video is almost unwatchable and that moron was totally at fault not spotting properly and letting/pushing dude to lift too much but then that same dude like 3 weeks after his surgery tore it again on his own so we aren’t dealing with the brightest bulbs in that situation.

His was torn doing flat bench. It’s crazy he tore it because my friend and I use to play with 425lbs several times for a few reps on bench then one day we decided to take it a little lighter and use 315lbs on our last set and rep it out instead of going heavy. And on the 7th or 8th rep his his tore. Both pecs at once. After seeing that I don’t go too heavy anymore. I go for more of a pump and get the blood in the muscles. I’ve gotten way bigger since then and my muscles have a much harder appearance.
Yea on barbell I rarely go above 250 bc I’ve seen so many tears and prefer bells anyway

I stay mostly on dumbbells and machines these days.
Honestly when I switched to bells my chest got better too. I still barbell press but it’s always last or at the end of my lift so I’m weaker and totally limber and warm.

If he’s feeling pain he needs to back off. I tore my left pec 2yrs ago and never got it fixed. It’s slowly healed up but there is a big part of the muscle that is not attached. I started very light with dumbbell flys and pec deck and slowly moved to incline dumbbells. When it hurt I backed off. I have progressed to working up to 185lbs for reps on flat but honestly don’t do flat because of the discomfort.
Today you can’t really tell unless I flex it very hard. I stick to high reps and blood flow exercises to get the biggest pump possible.

I tore my left upper pec near the delt in the muscle belly. There is some missing tissue if you know where to look. Tore at the bottom of dumbbell flyes.

I recovered ok in about six months. This was about 10 years ago now. I never really had much pain after full recovery.

I don't go super heavy anymore to avoid further tears, though I have felt a few fibers ping when I was still inclining 315. I stay under 245 now.

While there is no pain the area is oddly sensitive to the touch to this day

I tore my left upper pec near the delt in the muscle belly. There is some missing tissue if you know where to look. Tore at the bottom of dumbbell flyes.

I recovered ok in about six months. This was about 10 years ago now. I never really had much pain after full recovery.

I don't go super heavy anymore to avoid further tears, though I have felt a few fibers ping when I was still inclining 315. I stay under 245 now.

While there is no pain the area is oddly sensitive to the touch to this day
I have a similar tear in my left delt, never hurt never bruised but there’s a gap in the muscle especially in certain poses. I just noticed it one day posing, the leaner I am the more noticeable but not enough to affect my scores. To this day I have no idea how or when it happened nor am I in any pain or weaker for it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws