over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pectus Excavatum

rocketman414

Registered
Anyone got it, or have any pictures of competitors with it?

Curious what my lower chest/upper abs are going to look like once I diet down.

Pigeon chest? Hard to overcome on the stage bra. No disrespect for an inborn malformation at all. You can LOOK GOOD but gettin far in comp no way.

Post a chest picture or a thorax ct or something so we can judge. Obviously the leaner you get the more the bone is going to show however depending on the case it need not be hopeless.

:eek: I googled it and... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT EVER AGAIN! DAMN!

there's a difference, pigeon chest goes outwards,

Is not excavatum outward? been a while since I been in basic human anatomy class. Isnt incuvatum inward and excuvatum outward? No look up btw off the top of this old burnt brain...

Is not excavatum outward? been a while since I been in basic human anatomy class. Isnt incuvatum inward and excuvatum outward? No look up btw off the top of this old burnt brain...

excavatum is latin for excavate. as in , to take out, not push out... its a dent/hole looking thing.

incavatum = no.. its carinatum.. pidgeon chest.. sticks out ward.

honestly, no disrespect if you're a vet or important on this board, but screw you.

i've had this for my entire life, and rudeness like that is what made me start lifting in the first place. . because i was afraid to take my shirt off in high school.

like i said BRO I have a M.S.IN EXERCISE PHYS. and I have not seen that condition in 20 years so if im wrong im wrong. going off a 20 year old education on a fried or soon to be fried brain. either way sorry for your condition. best of luck. I thought excavatum was pidg(convexity) and incuvatum was a concavity- but you got it so ya know better than me!

Last edited:
wtf

have respect brother. none of us are perfect. thats why i bodybuild as well. To do what i can with what i was given...
-JS

how bad have you got it op? i have it only on my left side and its reasonably mild it mainly affects my chest symmetry i do more work on it by doing floor presses with a dumbell on my left side.

you can get it operated on and apparently they have pretty good results with it now, but depending on how bad your case is it may not be that noticable, like Johnny said, everyone has their weaknesses you just have to work around it as best as you can.

like i said BRO I have a M.S.IN EXERCISE PHYS. and I have not seen that condition in 20 years so if im wrong im wrong. going off a 20 year old education on a fried or soon to be fried brain. either way sorry for your condition. best of luck. I thought excavatum was pidg(convexity) and incuvatum was a concavity- but you got it so ya know better than me!

i think you misread the post, i wasnt saying anything negative to you, it was to someone else. and i'm surprised you don't see it more often.. i have had multiple close friends who realized they had it or we realized we both had it throughout the years.. and i think its like 1 in 500 males!

how bad have you got it op? i have it only on my left side and its reasonably mild it mainly affects my chest symmetry i do more work on it by doing floor presses with a dumbell on my left side.

you can get it operated on and apparently they have pretty good results with it now, but depending on how bad your case is it may not be that noticable, like Johnny said, everyone has their weaknesses you just have to work around it as best as you can.

it's about 20k out of pocket surgery as insurance won't cover it unless it's denting into your heart or something.. mine is mild to moderate, but it's pretty symmetrical luckily. mine doesnt go high on my sternum but does make my lower 2 ribs flare outward, especially at lower bodyfat levels.

i had the tests done like 8 years ago and i didn't qualify because mine wasn't "bad enough" to affect my lungs or heart.. i should've just acted like i was out of breath on the test!

have respect brother. none of us are perfect. thats why i bodybuild as well. To do what i can with what i was given...
-JS

x2..No one's perfect...

I know i'm not...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members