over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PEDs and Bodybuilding after 40

I spent over a decade completely off any gear between late 20’s and late 30’s. I fully intended to jump back to where I was in my early 20’s but after doing some heavy cycles I have decided to calm right down. My body doesn’t feel like it can handle the leaps in body weight as it once could. I’m 43 now and started a few months back to stay on 1ml of test (usually 250mg) per week and monitor my bloods more often. I would love to be able to go heavy on cycles but I have responsibilities and I’m determined to stay as healthy as I can whilst still holding on to a decent amount of muscle mass. Currently at 243lbs but on my weigh down to around 225 -230 where I intend to stay for the foreseeable future.

I'm 52 and cruise on 125mg test and 100mg deca. This has been my go to cruise for at least 10-12 years. For a blast I'll double both compounds . Nice and simple,, I feel great on this. Don't really need orals anymore. Blood work year round.

As for cycles, I do TRT at 10mg/day (cyp) and then do cycles of four weeks each of 200mg/300mg/400mg/500mg over 16 weeks with minimal AI usage. This cycle still feels strong to me especially after doing a longish period of 10mg/day. I've always been an advocate of mainly just using test, even since I was just starting. It just feels like it does the job with the least negative impact. Titrating AI dosage correctly is tricky but easy with consistency and bloodwork, I'm not worried about microdoses of AI.

When I compete I add in 200-400 mast for the last 8 weeks and 25-50mg of winny for the last few weeks.

What test dose do you use at the beginning of prep and how does that change as you add the masteron and winstrol?

50 years old and I do 250 test cyp and 250 deca. I feel best on this dosage and run it all year. I have experienced no negative sides.

Do you pull labs? How does everything turn out?

I think here are some important pieces for those that do want to "push" things gear wise past 40:

(not in order of importance- all are important)

- If you have any sort of sleep apnea (even mild) get a CPAP

- Control blood pressure (kidneys are not very keen on regeneration when damaged)

- Protect your lipids (stay away and/or limit compounds that hammer cholesterol)

- Get bloodwork often (for me personally I rarely go more than 2-3 months without pulling labs)
*Included with your "regular labs" I feel that 2x a year one should test: fasted insulin, A1C, serum cystatin C, GGT (gamma-glutamyltransferase), Vitamin D, C- reactive protein, homocysteine, NMR for cholesterol, B-Type Natriuretic Peptide

- Get tested for the genetic clotting disorders

- Every 5 years, get a stress echo, or CT angiogram, or the latest and greatest

*I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things but this is a good base.

Those are all great points.

Regarding blood work, what does the B-Type Natriuretic Peptide test measure?

Do you pull labs? How does everything turn out?
I have not pulled labs in a year. I do it one time per year. After the first I will let the board know. I have done this for 3 years without anything alarming but as I age I am sure that will change.

I agree with you in fact. I'm 44 years old and I haven't "blast" for several years now. I haven't use orals for over 10 years and my dosages are very low compare to the old days. I'm asking these questions because I find it to be a very interesting subject and I want to hear the different opinions of the members of this board I've been following for a long time. Like I said in the first post I'm not looking for a sermon so please save it for yourself... I'm looking for people's experiences and approaches.
I'm not giving you a fucking sermon lol

I'm just sharing my views
I’m 34 been doing it since 20 and everytime I come off I am in so much pain all my joints my shoulders at toast two slipped discs L5 and S1. I remember the older guys in the gym saying be careful and it will catch up to you. I’m not even old and if I could do it over I would have never taken anything.
I just want to be on deca so my joints feel better.
have you tried BPC?

Those are all great points.

Regarding blood work, what does the B-Type Natriuretic Peptide test measure?

It's an indictor of heart failure. I feel it's a good one to track yearly for older bodybuilders because of the possibility of LVH and such.

I'm 54, training since age 12 back in 1978.

I did and normally do many things backwards. I trained from age 12 to age 50 natty, then went on TRT 4 years ago at age 50, and have thrown in some mild orals like twice a year for 4 weeks at a time.
(Just for mild kick and experimentation).

All low dose and TRT-ish.

Test-E - 125 mg per week year round (mostly). (44 weeks).
Deca - 125 mg per week year round (mostly). (44 weeks).

Twice per year (two 4-week mini-blasts (for me) I do:

Test-E - 250 mg per week year round (mostly). (8 weeks). (Two 4-week runs, JAN and June).
Deca - 250 mg per week year round (mostly). (8 weeks). (Two 4-week runs, JAN and June).
Anavar - 25 mg a week.

I know, very minor stuff, but being noobish and natty my whole life, I actually get a lot out of this...
(I do bloods many times a year, always great and markers really never move even w/ low dose Var).

I dont plan on doing orals a lot, just wanted to experiment...

I have not pulled labs in a year. I do it one time per year. After the first I will let the board know. I have done this for 3 years without anything alarming but as I age I am sure that will change.
How’s your blood pressure?

im 46, and I generally was cruising at 200-250 or up to 300 sometimes of test weekly. I havent blasted in more than 15 years. Honestly, the last time I went heavy with dosage was when I was 23 and back then (when shit was much cheaper thanks to mexi-labs), I was taking
1000mg test
600mg deca or EQ, whichever I could get
25mgs dbol daily

And while I felt good overall, and my workouts were fantastic and I was strong as an ox, I just never got as big as I had wanted.

Now, once I hit my 40's, for me to hit 240 was simple on my cruising amount. So I never felt the need to go higher.

Currently taking 500/wk cyp, 1-A50 eod. Which is a bit heavy for me honestly. But, I noticed since starting that I have found my passion again for training and I get that same crazy rush in the gym. Right now I am 272. I am holding plenty of water and fat. But I am shooting for 275 to hit a goal then I am going to drop myself back down to my athletic weight of 220. This is a covid related goal.

I will never stop. Or at least I do not see a point in stopping. My health has been great. My blood pressure is good. My body feels ok, save for the aches and creaks of being over 40 and having been a Muay Thai kickboxer for 18 yrs.

Great topic! Thank you!!

im 46, and I generally was cruising at 200-250 or up to 300 sometimes of test weekly. I havent blasted in more than 15 years. Honestly, the last time I went heavy with dosage was when I was 23 and back then (when shit was much cheaper thanks to mexi-labs), I was taking
1000mg test
600mg deca or EQ, whichever I could get
25mgs dbol daily

And while I felt good overall, and my workouts were fantastic and I was strong as an ox, I just never got as big as I had wanted.

Now, once I hit my 40's, for me to hit 240 was simple on my cruising amount. So I never felt the need to go higher.

Currently taking 500/wk cyp, 1-A50 eod. Which is a bit heavy for me honestly. But, I noticed since starting that I have found my passion again for training and I get that same crazy rush in the gym. Right now I am 272. I am holding plenty of water and fat. But I am shooting for 275 to hit a goal then I am going to drop myself back down to my athletic weight of 220. This is a covid related goal.

I will never stop. Or at least I do not see a point in stopping. My health has been great. My blood pressure is good. My body feels ok, save for the aches and creaks of being over 40 and having been a Muay Thai kickboxer for 18 yrs.

Great topic! Thank you!!
Thank you for taking the time to share!

I am 52 and never used "illegal" gear. I took one bottle of TrenXtreme OTC about 11 years ago and it screwed up my BP. Right after that, I went to a doc and got scripted TRT. My current protocol is 100mg every 4th day (so 200mg over 8 days), HcG 2x per week. Been on that for about 6-7 years and all is well. NOTE: I did try scripted pharmacy grade IGF-1 for several months and got zero results.
You paid out of pocket for the scripted IGF-1, correct?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws