over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People eat too much protein

bigdog123

Banned
Years back I was in the 350-450g a day gang.

Over the past five years I've cut back to about 200-225g a day and have kept gaining and honestly don't feel it's slowed me down at all.

I was at 5'9, 250 before injury and lockdown...

I think studies have generally shown 1g per lb is enough... The supplement companies obviously want you to eat more and I think a lot of guys over eat protein in fear of suffering slower growth.

The freaks of now who blow up to 280-290 at 5'9 are generally doing so with mega slin, massive carb intake, circa 800-1000g and obviously high pharma gh... Protein at 500g a day isn't necessary.

The freaks of now who blow up to 280-290 at 5'9 are generally doing so with mega slin, massive carb intake, circa 800-1000g and obviously high pharma gh... Protein at 500g a day isn't necessary.

I followed Dante like a disciple in the early years and while I never achieved freak status (I was a pussy w drugs and couldn't handle heavy doses) the best I ever looked and the heaviest I got was on 2-2.5g pro per bw. 5'8' high 230's/low 240's... Different strokes for different folks my friend. I tried raising carbs and dropping pro while adjusting fats and just got fat. I was a furnace on high pro and could stay lean. Not so w higher carbs. Back then, I didnt use insulin or gh. Just food, and personally, while it's not 'needed', it does work best for many of us w less than stellar genetics or those that get fat rather easy.

I'm 37 now and just a trt guy but I can tell you once gyms open, I'll be hopping back on the protein wagon (low to mod carbs, healthy fats) and I'll transform in a way I wouldn't w a different macro approach. I can say that w 100% certainty as my food logs over 20 years show as much. Its expensive, its a chore.. but multiple lbs of meat a day have always been my foolproof way to grow and stay lean.

Is 1g sufficient, sure. Even less probably is sufficient... but I remember reading cycle for pennies as a youngin' well before it was mainstream and I'm damn glad I followed the DC stuff. It worked for me far better than anything else over the years.

To each their own...

I'm not sure you posted based on actual science? 1g can be enough, sure. 1.5g is better and 2g is optimal especially when in a caloric deficit.

Personal experience, I feel great at 1.5g... Stronger + leaner and my digestion is on point. Only time I've needed to go higher is when my calories are low such as in competition prep. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617900/ ... "Consuming a high protein diet (3.4 g/kg/d) in conjunction with a heavy resistance-training program may confer benefits with regards to body composition. Furthermore, there is no evidence that consuming a high protein diet has any deleterious effects."

2g per bw was also shown to provide more fat loss. I believe more plates more dates made a video about this if I'm not mistaken and included the study.

YES!!

i have been saying this for years... you only need about 0.6g of protein per pound of body weight...

I personally don't digest well on a high carb diet. I can eat 450-500g protein and moderate fat 125-150g fat and a 200g carbs with no issues , I cut the protein back to 200 and bump the carbs to 400-450 and I'm eating Tums like candy to keep indigestion at bay.

This has been especially true since my duodenum surgery in October where now I have a slight restriction right behind my stomach.

I personally don't digest well on a high carb diet. I can eat 450-500g protein and moderate fat 125-150g fat and a 200g carbs with no issues , I cut the protein back to 200 and bump the carbs to 400-450 and I'm eating Tums like candy to keep indigestion at bay.

This has been especially true since my duodenum surgery in October where now I have a slight restriction right behind my stomach.
I’m the same, my stomach loves protein, too many carbs and heartburn it is no matter healthy or not!

I think we probably all over consume protein to some extent. I personally shoot for 300g a day right now but I don't worry about it all that much and it regularly hits 400g. I mainly over consume protein because I'm fuckin hungry lol, if I get a craving, I keep pre-cooked chicken titty around and just start eating out of that. I'm sure that I'm not utilizing all of it, but I can say that if I run a higher protein keto style diet that consuming protein in asinine quantities only slightly raised my blood sugar levels and never did kick me out of ketosis.

I've always been the type that the more protein means more muscle. Different folks, different strokes.

I eat between 200-250 grams of protein lately, closer to 200 most days.

For most guys it's the thermogenic and satiating effects of protein

I get fat on too many carbs. High fat and high protein (250 ish, not absurd) with "low carbs" (100-220) = Feel great, stay lean, decent bloods, strong in the gym

Find what works for you guys. Jay Cutler, and William Bonac do not diet the same way

I followed Dante like a disciple in the early years and while I never achieved freak status (I was a pussy w drugs and couldn't handle heavy doses) the best I ever looked and the heaviest I got was on 2-2.5g pro per bw. 5'8' high 230's/low 240's... Different strokes for different folks my friend. I tried raising carbs and dropping pro while adjusting fats and just got fat. I was a furnace on high pro and could stay lean. Not so w higher carbs. Back then, I didnt use insulin or gh. Just food, and personally, while it's not 'needed', it does work best for many of us w less than stellar genetics or those that get fat rather easy.

I'm 37 now and just a trt guy but I can tell you once gyms open, I'll be hopping back on the protein wagon (low to mod carbs, healthy fats) and I'll transform in a way I wouldn't w a different macro approach. I can say that w 100% certainty as my food logs over 20 years show as much. Its expensive, its a chore.. but multiple lbs of meat a day have always been my foolproof way to grow and stay lean.

Is 1g sufficient, sure. Even less probably is sufficient... but I remember reading cycle for pennies as a youngin' well before it was mainstream and I'm damn glad I followed the DC stuff. It worked for me far better than anything else over the years.

To each their own...
same here,i have best results with with 2g and also i stay lean year round

I believe everyone has different needs. For ectomorphs like myself (I can't gain fat no mater what I eat), I can get away with high carbs and moderate protein.
For other people high carbs might make them fat, so they have to use higher proteins to compensate and get their calories.
There's no 1 rule that fits all in my opinion, you just have to experiment.

The photo attached here is me eating shit all day and on TRT. Literally eating lindt chocolate, bread anything in sight, no counting calories, none of that shit.

Attachments

• SDAug2018.jpg
    SDAug2018.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 234
I believe everyone has different needs. For ectomorphs like myself (I can't gain fat no mater what I eat), I can get away with high carbs and moderate protein.
For other people high carbs might make them fat, so they have to use higher proteins to compensate and get their calories.

The photo attached here is me eating shit all day and on TRT. Literally eating lindt chocolate, bread anything in sight, no counting calories, none of that shit.
Awesome genetics man!!

Wut?

I've seen better photos of Big Foot..wtf is that?

Ya...That's Keep Your Shirt On SHIT!
But Again if your like Me...In 2 days of No Pizza I'm Dialed!!!
But I Doubt your Like Me!

Still, rather have Too Much Protein than Anything else in Excess!!!

Former fatty. I keep it around 1.5g per pound. I tried 1g per pound of body weight and I overate due to hunger. And once I pop I can’t stop lol

If i eat 8oz 96/4 beef, I don’t want anymore. If i eat one potato, I want another, with butter, and chives, and cheese, and then I just ate 700 calories lol

Specific dynamic action = the thermic effect of food.

Anyone here can eat the way they want to eat.....but the fact of the matter is the amount of energy it takes to digest and assimilate

protein vs carbs vs fats is very distinct.

protein =20-35%
fats and carbs = 5-15% and i think thats a gross overstatement with fats more like 5% and carbs more like 7.5%

Whats the easiest food to eat? pretty much carbs and fats...hey i get it. And again people can do what they want to do.

But the thermogenisis of diet particulars is very real...and if you are going to overeat one macro....its a pretty easy choice of the one you can get away with making the least mistakes with=protein.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131