over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People perception and Muscle

Speaking of people being bold. I've had a lot of bros in the gym ask me what I'm on and where they can get some. I dance around the question. It's none of their business anyhow lol.

I will say yes.

Many years ago I went on a crash Diet and really transformed myself from dud to stud.

People that used to know me when I was tubby, would ask if I was smoking drugs. When I told them my regimen they would say "yeah, right" and ask about my secret. Of course they'd throw out loud comments in public to try and make me look bad. I guess They didn't like that I turned into a confident male that would get the ladies attention.

As far strangers, I noticed they treat me with more respect. Kind of the way you'd treat your manager.

Of course this was when I looked general public fit....5'10 180 nice size arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said perfectly!!!!!!!!!!

If you walk around wearing tight Under Armor Tees, with your lats
flaring, that is making a statement of who you are, your value system
and asking for people's judgement.......good or bad.

Or down play wearing tight clothes. be nice to everyone you cross paths with, be humble, .......and that tells an entirely different story.

You have total control about creating the image you desire!

-MT

I think a lot of perception is also how you come across.

If you're friendly, and smile, people will like you.

If you're brooding, and look pissed, they'll stay away from you.

Just like anything in life, the portion above the neck matters just as much as below the neck

My weight fluctuates quite a bit, 30lbs give or take over the years goals depending...
When I'm heavier people assume the"meathead"stereotype, more stares in public, women approach more often, guys more maybe intimidated
When leaner/harder get asked"when are You competing?"and more stares in the gym...not as noticeable in public/out

Last edited:
i understand you are speaking in general terms.. but i just would like to comment..

as to 'tight' clothes.. i am at a point
where i dont need tight clothes to 'show' my physique.
almost 30 years of consistent lifting and my physique just has
a natural pop to it.. you can see by my shape and how my clothes flow
that i am very lean.

also, i believe i move very humble.. almost to a fault.. i have had
people mention that i am 'mouse like'.. but i'm only that way to
keep the intimidation factor down to a manageable level..

Said perfectly!!!!!!!!!!

Or down play wearing tight clothes. be nice to everyone you cross paths with, be humble, .......and that tells an entirely different story.

-MT

Said perfectly!!!!!!!!!!

-MT

This is all truth.

Speaking as a 5'10 215-220lbs guy...

When I'm working as a real estate agent, I'm in dress shirts, blazers, etc. and give off a professional vibe. People speak to me strictly professionally.

When I'm at a beach party, I'm wearing a tank top. People will come up to me and start flexing to be funny.

When I go out on a date at a bar, I wear a button down shirt that is somewhat tight (not too tight though). I might get a comment about my physique but get spoken to as a normal person.

I'd imagine there might be differences for a 250lbs+ guy at my height

Last edited:
Being over 300#s even in my long sleeve button down dress shirts,the size is still very noticeable... I guess it's having such a thick chest and back with big arms give it away...Also 6ft3 so that stands out a lil also...

The Growth Clinic SPONSORED ATHLETE®THE REAPER

exactly.. when you are over 6'1, coupled with quality size, you cant really hide behind loose clothes.

Being over 300#s even in my long sleeve button down dress shirts,the size is still very noticeable... I guess it's having such a thick chest and back with big arms give it away...Also 6ft3 so that stands out a lil also...

The Growth Clinic SPONSORED ATHLETE®THE REAPER

Everyone automatically assumes I've been in the military, really I've just been at home eating all day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

for some reason i ALWAYS get 'boxer' or 'fighter'

not football tight-end or basketball..

when I was 250 at about 6'.....I had a lot more stares and whispers. I also didn't dress very modestly. I literally had a guy knock on my car window and ask me "where to buy roids"

Now that I have sized down to 210-215, and dress more modestly (at the gym I am generally in long sleeves and/or hoody), I still get comments about my physique, but is more in admiration and asking how to get there. Before, it was much more judgmental.

Like someone else said, it is more how you carry yourself than anything. Dress and act like a douche Bag, and people will treat you like one.

I notice that when I got to my biggest I started getting called "sir" and "boss" a lot by strangers. Also....with all the tattoos and stuff at 6'1" and 260 or so people tend to get out of my way...move over on the sidewalk...or avoid me. Then after meeting me people are like "oh your a really nice guy, I expected you to be mean." A lot of people are saying the ladies don't like the size so much as the physique look...but that hasn't been the case for me. I get a ton of attention from women because of my size. comments....women at bars asking if they can squeeze my arm. Hell....I had a woman walk up to me in a bar a couple weeks back with her husband/boyfriend whatever...and ask if she could feel my chest. And a waitress in new Orleans on my honeymoon asked my wife if it would be ok if she touched me. My wife is cool as hell like that (and we were pretty drunk) and said fuck ya you can! lol

rather then being impressed by all the out side shell stuff that changes with your dose...

why not look at the brilliant insight this gives you into the shallow nature of humanity! lol :D

no way around it!
ppl treat you totally different depending on wht you look like! :eek:

watch and learn! lol
amazing/silly what ppl do!
:p
;)
:D

keep in mind, i am 6'7"+, been lifting/running for over 25years straight.. coupled with germanic, scandanavian, black, island genes.. so that makes for a super-responder, even when taking a trt dose as prescribed from the doctor.

WTF??
Damn dood!
I thought my being 6'4 made it hard to hide in a crowd.

I'm 6'1 230-270 depending on how bloated/fat I am... Lean as I get to the bottom of the range . Early 20s Go to a state school and don't really get any attention or if I do it's some gym bro mumbling roids under his breath. I think unless you're like 6'3+ or an athlete people will just think you're compensating with napoleon syndrome and it's a very negative connotation.

Or you need tatts and to be good looking to play it off I guess what I'm trying to say is they view it as compensation.

Last edited:
Working in the corporate world it either works to my advantage or disadvantage, I either get alot or very little respect. What I mean is that people are completely intimidated or they just think I'm a stupid meathead.

Argumentum ad ignoratiam

Mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

My mamma said dat alligators is ornery cause dey got so many teeth and no toothbrush
Mamma also said dat happiness is rays of sunshine dat come down when ya feeling blue :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws