YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People say there is no such thing as a stupid question...

Stupid questions are the ones people ask with no intention of actually taking any advice or practicing anything new. I may sound arrogant as hell, and I am, but I've become jaded with being asked what they need to do for this or that, what they need to eat, etc. Nothing thrills me more than being able to genuinely help someone, but the number of people who intend on changing anything is pretty damn small. I actually got smart with a guy the other day but I think he realized what I meant. He's the type who comes to the gym to socialize, take up spaces on the benches while he is on the phone. He asked how to get his back wider and I told him that, for one thing, he needs to start working out. Like, lift weights. And shit.

Sick of wasting my time. I'll talk to someone until I'm out of breath, thinking they're going to make any change to their diet, next thing I know they've got a cheeseburger and fries. Then they'll keep on coming back for advice, swearing up and down they've done everything I've told them and 'nothing works'.
I hate when people ask me a question out of the hope I will just confirm their belief/opinion and if I disagree then they just ignore me.

Stupid questions are the ones people ask with no intention of actually taking any advice or practicing anything new. I may sound arrogant as hell, and I am, but I've become jaded with being asked what they need to do for this or that, what they need to eat, etc. Nothing thrills me more than being able to genuinely help someone, but the number of people who intend on changing anything is pretty damn small. I actually got smart with a guy the other day but I think he realized what I meant. He's the type who comes to the gym to socialize, take up spaces on the benches while he is on the phone. He asked how to get his back wider and I told him that, for one thing, he needs to start working out. Like, lift weights. And shit.

Sick of wasting my time. I'll talk to someone until I'm out of breath, thinking they're going to make any change to their diet, next thing I know they've got a cheeseburger and fries. Then they'll keep on coming back for advice, swearing up and down they've done everything I've told them and 'nothing works'.

You hit the nail on the head, that is exactly it! My family in fact does this to me all the time. They ask me advice, I tell them, and they don't take it. It gets tiring.

I don't think of questions as stupid usually. More like terribly hilarious.It is the simple things in life........

I don't think it's ever acceptable to ridicule somebody for asking what seems like a stupid question if their intent came from a good place. It's not always easy to do, but it's not a good feeling to be on the receiving end of it.

One of the dumb questions i can think of is something like asking the guy in the gym with the biggest quads how he got them. uh, he could prob stand on his head and do squats and they grow. asking the genetically gifted how to grow etc is kinda dumb imo. i'd rather ask a guy like Shelby or maybe Mountain Dog. No need to ask Flex Wheeler....
My good friend who i have mentioned few times has an incredible chest. i mean Arnold worthy. he rarely ever works chest in fear it will get too big and overpower his other parts. he would be worst person ever to ask about building a big chest. but he prob gets asked 5x a week by newbs lol
Edit: another good example of dumb question, asking Phil Heath how to get big arms. cmon..... ask Mike Matarozzo how to get big calves... ask Orville Burke how to get a big back... those are also dumb questions. Or maybe the dumbest of all, ask Rich Piana how to get big arms. yikes lol
-F2S

I’ve worked with middle school aged kids for more than 20 years... there ABSOLUTELY is such a thing as stupid questions 😁

Stupid questions? Maybe, maybe not. Stupid people asking questions??? YOU BET YOUR ASS!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member