advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

people tell me my muscles need more time to rest?

Chominator

Newbies
I lift 6 days per week never taken more than 2 days off in years. People tell me my muscles wont grow if i dont take a week off here and there but i just cant get myself to do it. I love going to the gym and lifting and lifting and lifting...I dont see the problem im very strong and in good shape for my size. Anyways how long does everyone else take off?

I take 1-2 days off a week when bulking.. sometimes a little more when cutting or maintaining. But if nutrition, hormones, and rest are all optimal it shouldn't be a problem.. a week off here and there couldn't hurt though. I need to do that more often

FWIW, my weight was holding steady at 209 for a couple weeks until I took last week off and all of the sudden jumped up to 213 and it's stayed there for a week. Seems like the rest was needed. I think a week off every now and then is a good thing.

I rest 2 days a week. If I workout 6 to 7 days a week(which I do sometimes...addicted), my CNS feels shot out and I usually get sick.

I lift 6 days per week never taken more than 2 days off in years. People tell me my muscles wont grow if i dont take a week off here and there but i just cant get myself to do it. I love going to the gym and lifting and lifting and lifting...I dont see the problem im very strong and in good shape for my size. Anyways how long does everyone else take off?

Take a week off every 6 months. Then 5 days training is find and rest 2.

Remember this: nutrition is a very important thing when it comes to recovery time... U have to eat solid food and the rest is a peace of cake... Eat, eat and eat some more.... This is bodybuilding not vallet... Lol....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nutrition will help muscle recovery, but does nothing for cns recovery. No amount of food will make up for lack if rest. You see people say stuff like, 'I don't believe in overtraining, only under eating.'. That is ridiculous.

in the off season I train every other day , calories are in a surplus and drugs are minimal if any

vitamins and sups are I their as well
DHEA 25mg 2x a day
vit-C 3000mg a day
zinc 50mg a day
a half cup of blueberries and cranberries a day

Nutrition will help muscle recovery, but does nothing for cns recovery. No amount of food will make up for lack if rest. You see people say stuff like, 'I don't believe in overtraining, only under eating.'. That is ridiculous.

This is true to an extent. I've noticed for me anyways when im bulking even my cns is back up faster. Nutrition does play a vital role in the way your entire body functions.. I would never recommend working out 7 days a week, but with proper nutrition on a pretty high bulk your cns will be in much better shape. Thus why when you're cutting recovery takes longer and you feel drained. Your cns is more taxed as well.

thanks for the info

ajordana whoever is in that pic is amazingly hot

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member