over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

people @ the gym & free advice

Hahaha.

Have actually had people copy every exercise I was doing as well as the sets and reps, (modeling)? Is funny but my rule is to not answer any questions until the workout is over.
She has to be very hot for me to stop and be distracted.

Question?

Do people in gym ever ask to be your workout buddy or partner and how do you respond? I just tell them my schedule and I will give them hell just see if they can pass my grueling test... I don't want any limp mofo on my team... results come from hard work and dedication.. not talking ... end of subject!:mad:

The free program shit is annoying. I just tell them general stuff. But Ive stopped giving good advice and giving away the store. People dont value free stuff (and sometimes they dont care even if they pay for it).

They can try to do what my clients do but most people dont have the guts to do those kinds of routines so Im not worried about it. Additionally, my routines are very individualized and address postural issues and any injuries so its likely that if they followed anything that one of my long term clients is doing, it wouldnt help them anyway.

Do people in gym ever ask to be your workout buddy or partner and how do you respond? I just tell them my schedule and I will give them hell just see if they can pass my grueling test... I don't want any limp mofo on my team... results come from hard work and dedication.. not talking ... end of subject!:mad:

People ask me all the time to partner up but they seldom last more than a week or two because there is a huge difference between wanting to look good and never enough!
People freak out when you blow all the blood vessels around your eyes and it looks like you just came out of a prize fight.....not that this happens all the time.:eek:

THE OBJECT OF MUCH DESIRE!

I'm no trainer but people constantly ask me how to get big and strong. My answer is always the same. If it ain't nailed down, eat it. Pick up heavy shit often. And JETHRO does have some phenomenal glutes.:D

PB

I agree with your other statement as well, Paul! Looking forward to hanging out with you and the fellas. I'll bet we are unmatched in gluteal circumference.........the others are mere pretenders to the throne. :D

Turn it into bussiness

When they ask you the 1st question you answer it with the best of your knowledge.

When they ask you the 2nd question you say: yes, no, maybe, depends on

When they ask you the 3rd question you say: I believe that we should set up ans appointment where I can help you better, when would it be good for you? My rate is $$$/h. How do you intend to pay?

This us enough to make fucker shut up, have generated me business and is a good balance between direct and polite, without being rude and still making your point.

J

some people at work ask me mostly and a few at the gym , I just tell them the truth , I'm not a trainer or dietition and since everybody is differant my routine likely won't work for you so higher a trainer to get your regiment started and work from their.

Or just look at them realy pissed and say "WHAT !!" then walk away.

Some of you guys look at this the wrong way. When people ask for info that's a golden opportunity to show them how you can help them, intrigue the hell out of them with your knowledge and literally suck them right in. It's like shooting fish on a BBQ.

You suckas love the attention! :D Streamline it to a sentence or two. I feel annoyed at first but grin later about it.

i was following you until here...then you lost me:confused: :)

Like shooting fish in a barrel but their already on the BBQ so basically it doesn't get any easier unless they jump down your esophagus and start digesting themselves.

we have all been there

It is important to remember that directly or indirectly we are the face of bodybuilding. I take a min between sets to offer advice, I will not let small talk or long talk effect my routine. My routines are made to last an hour and I stick to that.

I remember being 16,17,18yo and not knowing much in the gym... Not knowing diet, not knowing form, and when I was 18 a guy took me under his wing and taught me.... Since then I have taught myself much but there are still times I am at the gym and I ask others questions and seek advice.

Yes, trainers charge $50+ per hour to give advice, but look at 90% of the trainers... I wouldnt even seek free advice from them.

We need to help improve the body building image. SO many times I hear the negative ways we are preceived, and I dont like that. Our community is represented by strong willed, determined individuals with a common purpose of improving our lives and that is what should stand out when we are preceived.

Bottom line is take it as a compliment when someone approaches you, and take a second and offer them some advice, it not only builds your character but the character of the sport.

i love it when you tell them exactly what to do to look like a bodybuilder and the say "thats nuts, really? i have to do all that?" then 2 weeks later you dont see them at the gym anymore.

It is important to remember that directly or indirectly we are the face of bodybuilding. I take a min between sets to offer advice, I will not let small talk or long talk effect my routine. My routines are made to last an hour and I stick to that.

I remember being 16,17,18yo and not knowing much in the gym... Not knowing diet, not knowing form, and when I was 18 a guy took me under his wing and taught me.... Since then I have taught myself much but there are still times I am at the gym and I ask others questions and seek advice.

Yes, trainers charge $50+ per hour to give advice, but look at 90% of the trainers... I wouldnt even seek free advice from them.

We need to help improve the body building image. SO many times I hear the negative ways we are preceived, and I dont like that. Our community is represented by strong willed, determined individuals with a common purpose of improving our lives and that is what should stand out when we are preceived.

Bottom line is take it as a compliment when someone approaches you, and take a second and offer them some advice, it not only builds your character but the character of the sport.

Excellent post I agree.

While I no longer train people in the gym, I still get people coming up to me every week asking for bits of advice on this or that. I think most know that I am a Nutritionist and Diet Coach. I have always offered up simple advice but I do try to remind people who want a lot more information form me that in order to be fair to me and my paying clients, my expertise has a price. I don't mind giving tips. My thought has always been that if they are unwilling to pay for my expertise, then they are probably looking for a quick and easy answer. And as they say...you get what you are asking for. And real results won't come from a bit or two of free advice. I make my living from diet coaching full time, and I couldn't do that if I were full of shit.

I will say that it has been hard for me to blend in and look like everyone else. So I accept this kind of flattery as a reward of all the years of hard work I have put into my body and my profession. Although,it would be hard to blend in when my workout partner (one of my clients) who is an IFBB Pro, and myself are pretty large and lean. So we are always getting guys following behind us copying our workouts. We both take it as flattery. It is actually kind'a funny.

you know, its funny this past 3 weeks since working with phil, I have had numerous questions..on girl thought i looked "swole", one guy asked if i dropped 15lbs...lol
i dont mind helping the odd person out. even thou, like mentioned we waste our breath as no one ever listens....WHAT THEY WANT TO HERE IS...TAKE THESE DRUGS AND YOU WILL LOOK LIKE ME IN 6 WKS....idiots

phats

While I no longer train people in the gym, I still get people coming up to me every week asking for bits of advice on this or that. I think most know that I am a Nutritionist and Diet Coach. I have always offered up simple advice but I do try to remind people who want a lot more information form me that in order to be fair to me and my paying clients, my expertise has a price. I don't mind giving tips. My thought has always been that if they are unwilling to pay for my expertise, then they are probably looking for a quick and easy answer. And as they say...you get what you are asking for. And real results won't come from a bit or two of free advice. I make my living from diet coaching full time, and I couldn't do that if I were full of shit.

I will say that it has been hard for me to blend in and look like everyone else. So I accept this kind of flattery as a reward of all the years of hard work I have put into my body and my profession. Although,it would be hard to blend in when my workout partner (one of my clients) who is an IFBB Pro, and myself are pretty large and lean. So we are always getting guys following behind us copying our workouts. We both take it as flattery. It is actually kind'a funny.

Thanks for the professional advice Bro, its good to have you here.

Have actually had people copy every exercise I was doing as well as the sets and reps, (modeling)? Is funny but my rule is to not answer any questions until the workout is over.
She has to be very hot for me to stop and be distracted.

dude, the worst part about that, is when they try copying the movement the moment you turn away from the equipment. the gym could be almost empty, but then you get some schmoe trying to work in on whatever it is you are using!

I just made a buddy of mine a workout and diet plan, I dont mind it because it's sort of what I want to do the rest of my life. I just don't like being approached while working out, I'm in a zone and hate to come out of it. Plus, they don't even usually like what I tell them, which is that there are no "secrets" or "magic exercises to get your chest bigger," it's all about hard work, discipline, and diet, they don't wanna hear that though lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws